IGNORED

Full Circle: Rocketeer ** AVAILABLE NOW ** (Jaguar CD)

Heavy Stylus

Yeah sorry, I'm not getting much in the way of usable free time, today was looking good before my doggy needed a trip to the vet but hopefully if she's OK and I get back soon I can contact everyone, get their details and sort the games out. Not having a Jaguar set up due to builders working on house isn't helping, but I'm going to try to find a quiet corner and get CJ's ROMs flashed, tested and ready to go asap :0)

• 2 weeks later...

Now the compo for the retail copy purchasers is over, the promo version (for personal use) is available for download from the Reboot site.

It's the full game just with a bit of a nag screen at the start showing you where you can buy our stuff in physical form.

http://reboot.atari.org/new-reboot/fcr-promo.html

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

After playing the free rom, I got excided and decided to go and order the game from RGCD.

The thing that was holding me back from purchasing, was that there were "almost" zero responses about this game on the forum, so I was holding back thinking that the game probably wasn't that great....

Received it this week, and I can say that I regret that I did not buy it earlier :(

The cover with instructions inside is very nice, and the cd-print is awesome, just awesome!

The graphics are GREAT, I love it, and although there are "only" four levels, each one has it's own different and bright colourscheme, so completing a level and entering the next is refreshing every time.

Also, objects in the game are sharp and detailed, and I love how there are so much colours used for the bullets, warps etc.

The earthquaking screen and transparant pause screen are a nice addition :)

Sounds and music are great too, although I can't seem to hear what they say exactly when receiving an extra life.

For me, replayability is the keyword for this game as I keep coming back to it.

The added support for the Pro Controller shoulder buttons takes some getting used to, but after a while it feels intuitive and works so good that it's my preferred way of playing the game.

I've added some scores on the Reboot site already, and I encourage those who own the game to do that too, should be fun!

If there are things that I "missed" then it would be the reset function (* + #) and music mute function (0), as I often use those.

Otherwise, I can say that this is one of the best Reboot games that I've played/bought :)

My thanks go out to the Reboot team for their efforts and keeping the Jaguar alive :thumbsup:

Edited by Isgoed
  • Like 6

Nothing like lowered expectations to boost a game's reception ;-)

Seriously, thanks for those comments, it does a lot for motivation and makes us feel extra warm and fuzzy inside if a game receives that kind of response from someone. I realise not everyone buys into the kinds of games we make for the Jaguar and that's understandable really, but when someone gets as much out of playing one of them as we had putting it together then that's great all 'round.

This is probably the size of game that's most satisfying to work on. It's not something so small and trivial that it only takes a week to put together, but it's also not a Rebooteroids that spans years and comes in and out of the queue from time to time. This size of game always wins as it's easier to keep motivated and also add just the right amount of extras to keep it worthwhile. It might just be a version of an "8-bit" game to some people, but as the compo winners will be able to see first hand when they receive their carts, there's a more authentic 8-bit experience as an alternative :lol:

Sorry the keypad reset function is missing, it's odd as I thought that was a standard feature in our games now, but obviously we overlooked it this time. Zero to mute is something that we can add from now on very easily.

As for the delayed public version of the game, that's probably something we should look at again for future CD-based games. RGCD reported a relatively large spike in sales shortly after that arrived, coupled with a few eBay sales, not sure about the other guys who are carrying the game. This just proves that having a free version out there only helps sell physical copies rather than doing the opposite that might seem more obvious... there's definitely a better balance to the physical copy vs public binary timing. Our next CD release was supposed to coincide with ejagfest, but that's not going to happen now as the lead time is too great and I didn't find time to work on my side of things. Oh well, hopefully before the end of the year.

Anyway, sorry for rambling, just wanted to say that while it's true that we pretty much do our stuff for our own amusement, it's very rewarding hearing feedback like that, really appreciate it, so thanks again! </gushing emo lovefest>

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...