IGNORED

Bacon power!

KeyCart - unlocks the entire library

IIPA MultiCart - International Intellivision Players Association: a group I just made up as a play on all of the Intellivision's sports licenses

Ultimulticart - The Ultimate Cartridge

Edited by BassGuitari
  • Like 1

I'm still not getting the whole bacon thing...

There once was a thread that turned rather bad, where people where arguing and accusing each other of various things. It started getting out of hand, and in a moment of brilliance, someone started talking about bacon, and saying funny things. It was an attempt to change the subject and bring some levity into the conversation, and defuse the thread.

It worked (for the most part).

From then on, bacon is just something people say around here, for whatever reason, like an inside joke. It means nothing really, but like boxpressed mentioned, mentioning bacon is something that makes you feel like part of the community.

We like bacon. Is that so strange? :)

-dZ.

• Like 1

A technical update. The multi-cart can now read the FAT on two brands of microSD card (64MB San Disk and a 2GB Transcend - thats all I have :lol:). It also reads Inty game ROMs on the card into its own RAM as well. A few screenshots of the serial log :-

post-21935-0-79618500-1371502488_thumb.pngpost-21935-0-16616500-1371502554_thumb.png

post-21935-0-39971300-1371502560_thumb.pngpost-21935-0-91442900-1371502696_thumb.png

post-21935-0-24678700-1371502772_thumb.pngpost-21935-0-09670200-1371502779_thumb.png

The last two images show part of the Rocketeer teaser ROM loaded into RAM on the multi-cart and what it looks like in a hex editor on the PC. I'm using my own embedded FAT system so I know that it can handle directory/folder navigation (and a whole host of other stuff) as well.

Reading the microSD card's files isn't as fast as it could be but getting the whole system going is the priority at the moment.

The next step in the multi-cart's development is to get the Inty ROM/cart interface emulation going. With any luck, a basic version of that (for a hard coded test ROM) should be going before the weekend coming. The goalposts of the project are definitely in sight now :D.

• Like 3

Worryingly the Transcend microSD's on board controller reports its size as around 1GB but the FAT says 1.86GB and the packaging says 2GB. Given that its the microSD controller's job of sector wear levelling and such I'm inclined to believe it rather than the FAT and the packaging. I think I'll have a Google to see if there's some sort of utility for checking that these things stack up.

Worryingly the Transcend microSD's on board controller reports its size as around 1GB but the FAT says 1.86GB and the packaging says 2GB. Given that its the microSD controller's job of sector wear levelling and such I'm inclined to believe it rather than the FAT and the packaging. I think I'll have a Google to see if there's some sort of utility for checking that these things stack up.

Yes, because God forfend we only get a misley 1.00 GB to store our Intellivision ROMs... :lol:

Yes, because God forfend we only get a misley 1.00 GB to store our Intellivision ROMs... :lol:

If I've paid for a 2GB card then I expect there to be close to 2GB of storage on it. If after testing its only 1GB then I've bought a fake. The memory card came from a reputable supplier so I wasn't expecting to get ripped off.