IGNORED

Will loyal xbox owners jump ship?

Considering the XBox has a loyal following much like Apple does, do you think the DRM debate will really push people away from the xbox one? I mean these are people that bought mulitple xbox 360 when they kept getting hit by the RROD. The price of these machines are only $40 apart. (add $60 PS camera). Both prices are not attractive to non-hardcore gamers. Sony doesn't offer the same range of media services and there is no TV integration capabilities. These markets are much bigger than the market for console video game players.

I think many will but many won't. I actually think Microsoft's console will appeal to the rich and the more entertainment/media driven general masses so I think it will still be a success.

For many gamers though that know whats going on won't support it and will buy a PS4\Wii U or PC.

I don't think Microsoft is going anywhere. They are targeting a different kind of audience.

I'm not one of them.

Why would anybody do that?

Exactly.

The consoles are $100 apart, and that $100 is probably all down to the mandatory HAL 9000. Microsoft - when you ran out of feet to shoot yourself in did you consider one to the head?

As for jumping ship, it'll be a year or more until we start to see where it goes with the masses, but the hardcore have already been very vocal online.

• Like 1

Xbox One is the first console that has come out since the 3D0 that I had no interest in trying to get. Xbox has been my main platform the last two gens as well so it definitely seems weird to me just not wanting one at all.

• Like 1

Yes they will. They left Atari for Nintendo. They left Sega and Nintendo for Sony. They left Sony for Microsoft. The vast majority aren't loyal to anything. They just want the best games and systems at the best prices. They will jump ship over $100 when the games are essentially matched.

Edited by Atarifever
  • Like 4

Yes they will. They left Atari for Nintendo. They left Sega and Nintendo for Sony. They left Sony for Microsoft. The vast majority aren't loyal to anything. They just want the best games and systems at the best prices. They will jump ship over $100 when the games are essentially matched.

This.
  • Like 3

First off it's not $100 difference in price. It's only $40 difference. The PS4 camera is NOT included and will cost $60 more making the equivalent system (including the kinect and ps4 camera) $500 and $460 respectively. So stop with the $100 price difference shit!

who the hell cares about the camera??

I look at it as savings for something I dont want

• Like 3

First off it's not $100 difference in price. It's only $40 difference. The PS4 camera is NOT included and will cost $60 more making the equivalent system (including the kinect and ps4 camera) $500 and $460 respectively. So stop with the $100 price difference shit!

How many PS4 owners really want the camera?

• Like 1

Really? You still actually think this? You think the motion control feature is something most people will want to pay for? 2006 called, they want their Nintendo Wii back. Apparently they have a shortage back then. The freaking Nintendo Wii 2 doesn't even really give a shit about motion controls. Who wants to pay extra money for that? No one. It is better than a $100 price difference. They will pay me $100 off the console NOT to have developers putting motion controls in the games. I'd pay them that money to not include the camera!

• Like 1

It just means the camera on the ps4 will never be used while the Kinect will be used more often since its standard equipment. You still got to compare Apples to Apples. Both have cameras available therefore you have to factor that into the final cost. Weather you want the camera or not is a different story. Personally I wish Microsoft would make the camera optional like it is now and drop the price $150 like the 360 bundles are now but then one would ever develop for it.

Besides the last time I looked the Wii U still used the same Wii controllers and that tablet-thing had motion control all over it. They all still think motion control is a big thing. Personally, I believe the best games need only one button.

Really? You still actually think this? You think the motion control feature is something most people will want to pay for? 2006 called, they want their Nintendo Wii back. Apparently they have a shortage back then. The freaking Nintendo Wii 2 doesn't even really give a shit about motion controls. Who wants to pay extra money for that? No one. It is better than a $100 price difference. They will pay me $100 off the console NOT to have developers putting motion controls in the games. I'd pay them that money to not include the camera!

Well somebody was buying those jonny number 5 devices for the 360! And I still can't figure out why! I will probably get the ps4 eye at some point, but wouldn't buy a X1 just because of the restrictive DRM. As for all the other features the X1 has, well I already have a TiVo & tv, so thats me covered!

It just means the camera on the ps4 will never be used while the Kinect will be used more often since its standard equipment. You still got to compare Apples to Apples. Both have cameras available therefore you have to factor that into the final cost. Weather you want the camera or not is a different story. Personally I wish Microsoft would make the camera optional like it is now and drop the price $150 like the 360 bundles are now but then one would ever develop for it.

Besides the last time I looked the Wii U still used the same Wii controllers and that tablet-thing had motion control all over it. They all still think motion control is a big thing. Personally, I believe the best games need only one button.

The big orange button baby!!!!

• Like 1

I still have no intention of buying one of the new consoles this year or even for most of next year. But for me the Xbox was one of the best consoles ever released. The Xbox 360 was a logical choice and I purchased it on day 1. While I chose the PS1 over the N64 and played the hell out of it I did not pick up a PS2 until the end of that generation. I did not pick up a PS3 until the Christmas before last and I've never completed a game on it. I use it mostly as a Bluray player. I was not very interested in the PS4 when it was first announced. Just in the last few days I've become more and more interested in the PS4. Sony is starting to hone the proper message and they may be able to come back from the mistakes they made leading up to and during the life of the PS3 this generation. It will be very interesting to see what happens. Ultimately I am not beholden to any corporation and there is a real chance that Sony can win a purchase from me over MS.

As most people have said, I find the lack of a camera a good thing, I don't want Microsoft watching inside my house. I would never pay $60 for a camera and don't want one at all. So to me and it looks like everyone else here it is a $100 price difference, consider M$'s idiotic internet check in and used game policies and I think Microsoft is in big trouble. I will call it right now and say Microsoft will remove their daily internet check in requirement before the XBOne launches as I think that will absolutely kill them.

• Like 1

Is M$ even offering their system without the Kinect surveillance device???? NOPE. Therefore, it is $399 vs. $499....that's $100 as far as I am concerned. :roll:

• Like 2

The PS4 doesn't require the camera. Most consumers will probably never even consider purchasing the camera. Therefore, for most consumers, the price difference is $100. Did you consider PlayStation Move controllers when comparing specs with the Wii? No. Because the Move controllers weren't integral to the experience like the Wii controllers were. The Xbone's camera is integral. The PS4's camera is not. The price difference is $100.

• Like 3

Where's my lifejacket?

Just seen the trailer E3 trailer for Battlefield 4. Doesn't say which version it's from. Probably the PC but it's a good bet that the PS4 version looks this good or close to it. Haven't played any of the Battlefield games but, hey, there's always a first time.