IGNORED

How many INDIVIDUAL consoles do you have?

I don't know how others pick up their systems but a lot of mine were given to me when people found out I play video games or I get them at garage sales and thrift stores. I also suffer from what I call "the 9 year old finding a lost puppy" syndrome. I just can't pass up finding systems out in the wild and bringing them home to keep.

Vectrex X 1 - My dad was a distributor of them, we had one and in the mid 90's I bought it off of him when he said he wanted to sell it.

NES X 2 - I sold my original store bought one and some games to buy SF 2 for SNES but later got one from my brother and bought the other at a thrift store.

SNES X 5 - 1st one bought the first week of release, the other 4 at thrift stores.

Colecovision X 5 - Had some insurance money about 15 years ago burning a hole in my pocket and was getting back into gaming, bought a nice one off ebay with box. The rest I found at thrift stores.

Atari 2600 Vader - We had one when I was a kid but only about 4 games, my dad sold it after a couple of years. The one I have now my boss gave me about 7 years ago. Also have the Coleco expansion.

Atari 5200 2 Port - My bosses brother gave me this shortly after.

Atari 7800 - Bosses brother again but it's won't power up right now.

Dreamcast X 2 - One was given to me by a friend who raves about them. The other I bought with 2 controllers at a rummage a year ago with about 30 games for $20 and I got him to throw in a minty copy of Whitesnake's Slip of the Tongue on vinyl.

Gamecube X 2 - One bought at Walmart on Black Friday for $100 and the other at a thrift store.

Genesis X 4 - A model 1 I bought off my cousin, 2 (a model 1 and model 2) are thrift store finds and a CDX from ebay.

Sega Master System X 2 - One ebay and one thrift store.

Power Base Converter - Ebay

Sega CD - Model 2, I don't remember how I got this but it wasn't new (Gamestop?)

Sega 32X X 2 - Thrift store finds.

Intellivision X 2 - A System 1 and INTV III both given to me by the same friend who gave me my first Dreamcast.

N64 - Garage sale

Odyssey 2 - Bought 10 games at a thrift store about 15 years ago and finally bought a system recently off craigslist.

PSX X 5 - I think I have every model except the PSOne, first one was given to me about 10 years or so ago and the rest are thrift store finds over the past few years. I find so many of them these days I had to stop buying them especially since I was never big on the PS and only own 8 games.

PS2 - Recent thrift store find, I think it's a Phat.

Saturn - Thrift store find from a few years ago, would like another.

Wii - Last system that I bought new.

Xbox X 2 - Thrift store finds.

Xbox 360 250 GB - A friends girlfriend sold it to me to punish her kid for bad grades, got it cheap.

Coleco Adam X 4 1/2 - Ebay items, 2 full ones with spare parts to build part of another plus 2 expansions for the Colecovision.

Vic 20 - Bought new but it broke and, I think, was thrown out, looking to replace someday.

Super Game Boy - Bought new.

Game Boy Color - Had one used from Gamestop, sold it, later bought another off ebay.

Game Boy Advance X 4 - One I bought new and had the backlight and AV mods but it got stolen, bought another lightly used off ebay, another at a rummage, also bought an SP and Micro new.

Nintendo DS - Ebay

Game Gear X 2 - Both I bought over 12 years ago, one from ebay and the other is a Majesco, new from Amazon.

Master Gear Converter - Ebay?

Retron3 - bought new, I think it's a version 1.

Retro-Bit NES Retro Entertainment System - bought new.

Super Joy III - Bought new.

Sears Telegames Super Pong IV - Ebay.

Coleco Telstar Colortron - Bought new in box from ebay.

Sears Telegames Pinball Breakaway - Ebay, tho I'd love to get a wood grain Atari Video Pinball model.

Hanimex 777 - garage sale, doesn't seem to work tho.

Atari Flashback X 2 - Thrift store finds.

Coleco Flashback - Christmas present from a friend.

A few of Jakks PNP & Coleco Head-to-Head - Thrift stores, Pole Position on the Ms. Pac Man one is the only one I play.

Some handhelds - Original Mattel Football, Coleco Head to Head Football, Star Wars Electronic Battle Command Game, etc - all bought new.

My wife has a Coleco Ms. Pac Man tabletop, I'm looking for a Frogger tabletop eventually.

I also think there's a "project box" in the basement, along with some joysticks it might have a Genny in it that's not working and another NES that needs a 72 pin, not sure what else. I know some of these don't count as systems, not sure what the total is.

I don't hoard duplicate consoles, LOL! Here's a full list of what I got currently:

Consoles:

Atari 2600 (4-switch woody)

Atari 7800 (AV modded by Best)

AV Famicom

NES Toaster

SNES

N64 (smokey)

Game Cube

Wii-U

Genesis Model 1 + Power Base Mini (SMS)

TG-16 (Base model only)

Sony PS3

Ouya

Handhelds:

Atari Lynx Model 1

DMG Gameboy (custom case w/ backlight)

GBA

GBA SP (Classic NES Edition)

DS Phat

3DS xL

N3DS xL

Broken:

DMG Game Boy (missing parts; lines blanked out)

GBC atomic purple (busted speaker)

Lynx Model 1 (dead)

Wii (corrupted memory)

Clones:

Yobo NES

FC Mobile II

Supaboy

Super Retro Trio + Advance Retro Port

TV Games:

Atari Flashback 2

ColecoVision Flashback

Kits:

Raspberry Pi 2 (Porta Pi bartop arcade)

Uzebox

Things get a bit fuzzy with the Nintendo handhelds and endless revisions of Game Boys and DS models. What separates a redesign from a new system?

Edited by stardust4ever

Handhelds:

Sega Nomad

Sega Gamegear

Gameboy

Gameboy Pocket (3)

Gameboy Light

Gameboy Color

Gameboy Advance

Gameboy Advance SP

Wonderswan Color

Consoles:

Virtual Boy (2 CIB)

NES-001

NES-101 (Toploader)

Family Computer (extremely modified)

AV Famicom

Super Famicom (original)

Sega Genesis (model 2)

Sega Dreamcast

Atari 2600

Commodore 64

XBOX

Playstation

Playstation 3

OUYA

Wii

GameCube

N64

SNES jr.

Playstation 4

Playstation TV

Notable Plug'n'Play games:

Atari Flashback 2

Commodore 64 DTV

JungleSoft Sport Vii (with VC-2 cartridge expansion)