IGNORED

Xbox One Day One Games

moycon

For those people who pre-ordered the Xbox One, I'm curious as to what if any games you're considering on picking up at launch?

I haven't looked into the games too much. From what I have seen on Amazon's Xbox One games, Dead Rising 3 seems like it might be a possibility. I enjoyed the first two games. I also saw a Kingdom Hearts and a Final Fantasy game. If I knew for a fact they were going to be launch titles, I'd consider them as well. I saw Amazon had some Gold Box specials on Day One games, One was some Kinect game which I have zero interest in. The other was Forza. Hoping they eventually add Dead Rising 3 to the list.

On a side note, have they released a list of confirmed launch titles yet?

I won't be picking up one at launch, but if you're interested, out of the initial slate of games just Forza 5 would likely be on my list for confirmed launch games and those we know are due out during its launch window.

http://www.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/Xbox_One_Launch_Titles

Two or three of the multiplatform titles are possibilities someday on the PS4 but nothing I'd be in any hurry to get. There's so many excellent games on the 360 and PS3, including predecessors for many of these early Xbox One/PS4 projects, that I won't be purchasing either for quite sometime as I play unplayed games I already own and acquire games I want for the 360 and PS3.

I rather doubt that Kingdom Hearts 3 will make launch. I suspect that the HD remake on the PS3 of KH1 and Chain of Memories will have this Christmas by itself.

Edited by Atariboy

• 2 weeks later...

Amazon was offering Forza 5 Day One Edition as a Gold Box special for 5% off (Not a huge discount I know, but considering the game isn't released yet I figured it probably wasn't going any lower) So I snagged a pre-order of that title. Not a huge racing fan, but my dad is. He usually plays Forza when he comes to visit. Still hoping Dead Rising 3 Day One Edition gets a Gold Box discount before the launch.

• 4 weeks later...

I preordered Ryse and Kinect Sports Rivals. I'm pretty bummed that Kinect Sports Rivals won't make launch, as my daughter and I have lots of fun with Season 1 on Xbox 360. So I'm now looking for a 2nd launch game. I picked up Perfect Dark Zero and Kameo with the 360 launch.....oh, how I wish there was a Kameo game with the Xbox One launch!! :(

Isn't Call of Duty Ghost supposed to be a day one game? At least before the whole "bend over while we DRM your ass" debacle, it was supposed to be a One exclusive. Though if they want it to sell, I doubt it'll be one exclusive for any amount of time now.

• 3 months later...

I'll be getting an XB1, along with Dead Rising 3 and Crimson Dragon.

The Dead Rising series is good campy fun, with a dose of the creeps and always has some good Capcom fan service.

I love the Panzer Dragon series and lets face it, Crimson Dragon is basically a Panzer Dragoon game. If the suits at Microsoft had half a brain when it comes to the gaming community, they should have thrown some money at Sega and got them on board, even if it was in name only. Panzer Dragoon Crimson! Guaranteed system seller with the hardcore crowd. :P

Day One packaging coolness...
xbox-one-day-one-games.jpg

I assume it's slip covers, but it does make me want to get all three XB1 Day One exclusives.

Nice guide to launch games:

http://www.destructoid.com/destructoid-s-xbox-one-exclusive-launch-title-guide-265813.phtml

Crimson Dragon looks pretty sweet and yes it could have been a system seller if done differently. Heck there are many games that could be system sellers....I bought the original Xbox and the Xbox 360 for Ninja Gaiden and Halo. I buy Playstations mainly for RPG's and God of War.

Nice guide to launch games:

http://www.destructoid.com/destructoid-s-xbox-one-exclusive-launch-title-guide-265813.phtml

Crimson Dragon looks pretty sweet and yes it could have been a system seller if done differently. Heck there are many games that could be system sellers....I bought the original Xbox and the Xbox 360 for Ninja Gaiden and Halo. I buy Playstations mainly for RPG's and God of War.

Not looking that good:

http://www.polygon.com/2013/11/18/5113012/crimson-dragon-review

Short on credits? Don't worry, you can buy jewels with real-world money that you can use to pay for these item packs or new dragons.

Nope nope nope nope nope.

Well I couldn't help myself. WIth only 3 days till Day One, I pre-ordered Ryse as well.

So all 3 day one games, and a code to unlock all the Killer Instincts characters.

Hopefully it's gonna be a fun weekend, best of all I'm off all next week! WOOT!

The microtransations kind of hurt Crimson Dragon's rep but it seems you can just get the stuff in the game just by playing so I don't think it's a big deal.

Still I've read a bunch of reviews and it seems many of them agree that it's a bit of a bummer. This is the one game I was interested in. Kind of like Knack and the PS4...somewhat of a letdown.