IGNORED

Adventure II XE demo and testing

Cafeman

I opened mine today and I just love the artwork.  The quality of the packaging is amazing and the map envelope is a really cool extra.  I've quickly tried it on my 800 and 1200XL, and it's working great. Now I need to find some time to explore the game.

• Like 3

I got mine yesterday. While I didn't yet really dive into the instructions and maps yet, I can tell they're pure quality. Played on the easiest level so far. Looks amazing in RGB on my PVM! Next up I might do a YouTube or Twitch of me playing.

• Like 3

13 minutes to beat game 1, 26 minutes to beat game 2 so far.  Game 1 I got distracted by trying to do things the wrong way for awhile.  Then I really got lost on game 2 for a few minutes!  Love it.  Glad there's a very random option.  I'm nowhere near needing it, but long term I think that's really going to provide a lot of extra fun!

• Like 2

I waited many years for this game to be completed. During some lonely times on the road working out of state years back, I would come to the hotel and check the status. I was always happy to see a update, even when they did not come often. Now it's finally here and in my hands! I don't actually own a Atari XE. I have the 5200 version and I have been playing the latest demo for the XE on a Mister FPGA. I still bought it to show my love for the project. Thanks so much for this Ron!!!

IMG_20210711_123240.jpg

IMG_20210711_123250.jpg

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, leech said:

I bought it for both, and yet to have played tge XE version because work and other projects.  I should play it today, but I have a feeling work will get in the way of my Adventure!

I had big plans to play it a bunch yesterday, then I got the e-mail that our entire server farm at work crashed...  Big power outage overnight, automatic generator failed, battery backup system depleted, and nothing came back up automatically on power restoration.  Fortunately got that all fixed, but I lost a whole day of (my far too infrequent) gaming!

26 minutes ago, nadir said:

I had big plans to play it a bunch yesterday, then I got the e-mail that our entire server farm at work crashed...  Big power outage overnight, automatic generator failed, battery backup system depleted, and nothing came back up automatically on power restoration.  Fortunately got that all fixed, but I lost a whole day of (my far too infrequent) gaming!

Sounds pretty similar to my end... though I am still working to fix it! 

• Sad 1

• 4 months later...
On 7/11/2021 at 11:06 AM, tep392 said:

I opened mine today and I just love the artwork.  The quality of the packaging is amazing and the map envelope is a really cool extra.  

I agree! Love David's art!  It's been a while since the game was published, so here are some samples from the manual to share. 

1575269324_ManualArtClip1.png.5a1216f7851b393d382b5d2a495e2fe5.png

55983228_ManualArtClip2.png.aaffe35ccfa739b42718355efc1635e2.png

• Like 2

• 1 year later...