IGNORED

Animal Crossing New Leaf

Shannon

Well I figured I would go ahead and start a new thread that way we are not clogging up the other thread.

ok... seems we need to list friend codes..

They are 5241-2470-3977 for me and 4210-4357-1036 for my wife.

My Mii name is Daddyio the town and character are ApplSeed, Johnny.

If you make a person "best friends" (heart icon on bottom screen)... then it will let you know if they are "online" without actually having to open your gate or visit their town. Plus you can send them messages. Makes it a little easier to check on each other.

ok.. I'll check.. I had mine open probably around the same time as yours.... :lol: It still is.. but I'll check when I get back from going out to get food.

I'm leaving my town open for the next couple hours.. so till 8pm eastern standard time it will be open.

Edited by Shannon

If you make a person "best friends" (heart icon on bottom screen)... then it will let you know if they are "online" without actually having to open your gate or visit their town. Plus you can send them messages. Makes it a little easier to check on each other.

Not sure I understand how you set this up. I know the game said something about "Best Friend", but I (hanging head in shame) didn't pay attention and just buttoned thru it without reading.

I see no option, either from my Friend List screen on the main 3DS menu or on any AC screen, to make someone best friend. On 3DS menu friends list, it just shows me my list of friends with no options whatsoever. On the AC menu, I just get my Town Card (or whatever its called) with no list of friends or people at all.

Do you have to be "online" together, either by visiting their town or they visiting your town, for this Best Friend option to take place?

What I've been doing is going to the town gate, asking to visit a "Far Town" and after connecting to the internet, it brings me up a list of towns I can visit (the list has always been empty, so far, when I tried this). I then choose to open my gate and go about my tree shaking, rock hitting, bug netting, fish grabbing business.

So far, within the game, I've seen no list of names at all of people I can have an option of "Best Friend" with.

Edited by Mendon

Yeah.. sorry. It is a little confusing. Took my wife and I a little while to figure it out. You only can make someone a "best friend" when they visit your town. Once you do that AND add their friend code from the 3ds "friend" app then you can send messages to them when you are connected to the internet. The only time I'm not connected to the internet is if I'm visiting my wife or she is visiting my town via local connect.

If I want people to be able to enter my town when she is there I just use the "distant town" option and she connects via internet. Which is what we did Sunday. However I believe we spent about 2 hours doing just the island cruise games so I'm not sure if it lets people into the town when I'm on the island.

Also I have weird work hours (I work nights). So the times I can have the town open might be a little odd at first. So on Sunday when you had your town open I was busy sleeping in. :lol:

I realized I didn't list my friend code in this thread so I'll do so now:

Name: Mendon

Town: Pixley

Native Fruit: Apple

4897 5933 2103

I added your code, Taskmaster

Thanks for the Best Friend explanation, Shannon. Makes more sense, now.

And from what I've noticed, you can't visit the island or do any Mayor work if your town gate is open.

A tip: if you are out shaking trees and bee's are bothering you, try opening your town gate. Every time I've done so I never have bee's attacking me further.

Edited by Mendon

A tip: if you are out shaking trees and bee's are bothering you, try opening your town gate. Every time I've done so I never have bee's attacking me further.

I noticed this too. I was wondering if I was just getting lucky, or if the game prevented bees from spawning when someone else was in town as an anti-griefer measure. Does someone have to be in town or do you just need to leave the gate open?

I noticed this too. I was wondering if I was just getting lucky, or if the game prevented bees from spawning when someone else was in town as an anti-griefer measure. Does someone have to be in town or do you just need to leave the gate open?

In both Wide World and City Folk, you just opened the town gate and the bee's wouldn't come. I tried it with New Leaf and it seems the trick works here also. Just open the gate... no bee's. BUT.... bee hives are worth bells if you sell them so take your pick: lumpy face with money or smooth face and poor.

I decided to do a civic project and build a bridge in my town. DAMN CHEAPASS citizens aren't donating money... two days and they have given 23 bells of the 125,000 needed for construction. I'm ready to bulldoze a few homes!!!

Its my understanding that if you donate enough stuff to the Museum, it will rebuild & expand, including a Night Club for K.K. Slider to come and perform in. Well, I've been donating my ass off.. fossils, bugs, fish.... and nothing is happening (I could have been selling everything to finance my house and accessories but having K.K. in town is a cool thing).

Anyone know how many donations you need to give for expansion of the museum to take place?

Its my understanding that if you donate enough stuff to the Museum, it will rebuild & expand, including a Night Club for K.K. Slider to come and perform in. Well, I've been donating my ass off.. fossils, bugs, fish.... and nothing is happening (I could have been selling everything to finance my house and accessories but having K.K. in town is a cool thing).

Anyone know how many donations you need to give for expansion of the museum to take place?

Thats a good question. I have quite a few completed dinosaurs, tanks filled with fish and quite a few bugs.

Anybody know when we get Shampoodles shop? (I sound like a complete dork asking that) I want to get a Mii mask to wear.

my friend code is 1375-7440-9240, and my name for both regular 3DS and the game is just Nesbro. My native fruit is apples, but I also have some exotic things like mangoes in my town, I'd prefer you let me know before taking them if you come in.

my friend code is 1375-7440-9240, and my name for both regular 3DS and the game is just Nesbro. My native fruit is apples, but I also have some exotic things like mangoes in my town, I'd prefer you let me know before taking them if you come in.

Got you added Nesbroslash. Hit me up also. My 3ds name is just Taskmaster but went with Robb for my game.

One of the kids got this yesterday and I got to play this for about half an hour last night once they fell asleep. I didn't really achieve anything yet, I still have a lot to learn and I haven't even looked at any online features yet. I will share the details when I know what I'm doing.

I will check out Animal Crossing community and I found a good guide here: http://bidoofcrossing.tumblr.com/post/39828209142/animal-crossing-new-leaf-guides-and-information but if anyone can recommend any other guides that might be useful it would be appreciated.

There is going to be a Nintendo section at Avcon (Anime and Video Game convention) in my city and they have said to bring Animal Crossing. I think this would be to get special content via Spotpass.