IGNORED

Re-Started Frenzy / Berzerk :)

PacManPlus

RC3 is here.

Fixed issue Trebor was talking about with the player's shots sometimes killing the player instead of going outward when shooting. It was one of those "I'm an idiot" typos where I stored the velocity of the shot in the wrong index.

As I wrote in the previous post, Frenzy's object collision (i.e. player to robot, robot to robot) does not kill the object(s), only stops them from moving in that direction. Of course Crazy Otto is the exception.

Enjoy! ...and again, if anyone finds anything, please let me know. :) Updated manual included.

Thanks,

Bop

Frenzy Manual.pdf

Frenzy.A78

Frenzy.bin

• Like 3

As I wrote in the previous post, Frenzy's object collision (i.e. player to robot, robot to robot) does not kill the object(s), only stops them from moving in that direction. Of course Crazy Otto is the exception.

Just like the Arcade:

post-18-0-61097400-1380329901_thumb.png

I guess that makes me "I'm an idiot" tester :-D for mentioning it as a "bug"... :dunce:

Thanks for the update, Bob. Back to testing... :)

Excellent work Bob, it plays, looks and sounds good.

The only issue I found so far is the garbage at the bottom of the screen when you are using HSC and a PAL device.

Maybe you should try to clean the HSC Ram like Tep mentioned here http://atariage.com/forums/topic/142139-high-score-cart-source-code/?p=2799264

RC3 is here.

Fixed issue Trebor was talking about with the player's shots sometimes killing the player instead of going outward when shooting. It was one of those "I'm an idiot" typos where I stored the velocity of the shot in the wrong index.

Enjoy! ...and again, if anyone finds anything, please let me know. :) Updated manual included.

Thanks,

Bop

Edited by Schmutzpuppe

I have a couple of nits:

1. When you kill Crazy Otto in Frenzy, it is hard to understand the voice..can you slow it down slightly?

2. I still think the highest pitched voice in Berzerk is too high

I know time is tight and these are minor...that's my only feedback after and hour+ on Prosystem (other than I need a lot of practice)!

Hi!

1. When you kill Crazy Otto in Frenzy, it is hard to understand the voice..can you slow it down slightly?

It will take too long so say if I slow it down any (BTW, it's the same pitch as the arcade). Also, I can't really slow it down *slightly*, unfortunately. The different pitches are the next available sample. :( It says, "Charge, Attack, Shoot, Kill, Destroy"

2. I still think the highest pitched voice in Berzerk is too high

I'd still like to keep it, though, because otherwise there will only be two voice pitches. :(

Thank you :) Let me know if there is anything else ...

Bob

Did some quick testing on my CC2...

Learned 3 important things...

1: These appear to be great games!! Loved the voices!! Game play is frantic!!!! Awesome!!!

2: I'm not very good at Berzerk..

3: After playing Freny, I feel slightly less badly about my Berzerk playing. I'm REALLY not very good at Frenzy... ;-)

Still, my sucky gaming abilities aside, great fun in my quick tests!!!!

No problems noticed in my quick tests..

(NTSC 7800)

desiv

Sorry Guys, RC5 here:

Al found an issue last night while playing dual players with another AA member. In certain instances, both players could start in a room occupying the same cell on the same side of the board (i.e. on top of each other). They would either die when they moved (Berzerk) or weren't able to move at all (Frenzy). I put a check in there that if both players are in the same cell on the same side of the board, they get moved to their original starting positions.

Note that in Frenzy it is possible for both players to occupy the same cell legally when starting a new maze, say if one player goes out the top left cell going up, and the other goes out the bottom-right cell going right. In this instance I put the players a few pixels away from each other on the next maze.

Thanks,

Bob

Frenzy.A78

Frenzy.bin

I didn't watch this yet - did you find any bugs?

Nevermind - I just watched the video... Everything is working as expected. :)

Now that I'm actually watching two people playing it, it looks like fun! :D

BTW, the skeleton is a pain to hit vertically; that was purposely done because in the arcade, they stand a little offset from you vertically. This means that when they center themselves vertically above you, you can't hit them with a direct vertical shot... You have to move.

Thanks!

Bob

*Did I say 'vertically' enough in the last two sentences? :P

• Like 1