IGNORED

Re-Started Frenzy / Berzerk :)

PacManPlus

Why did the one player die at 8:14 (or so when I view it) in the video?

I see what I think is the green player hit himself with a rebound, and the yellow skeleton runs into the debris, but what kills the blue player a second later when he runs by??

Just wondering..

desiv

it looks as though the death animation was not complete when he walked into the same area.. I am chalking that one up to the CPU speed.

K, I'm not totally sure what that means.. ;-)

You mean CPU speed only on the computer running the emulator?

So, the CPU speed of the computer might animate the debris animation quicker than it should, so on a real 7800 there would still be visible debris on the screen??

desiv

Hi Guys:

I'm going to start taking orders for the Cart Only versions soon (Al will have the CIB version w/ Box & Manual at the Expo).

The only difference now is that I no longer take PayPal (they were being a bit of a pain so I cancelled my account). So payment will have to be by check :(

I also will be making two carts with Coleco shells (being that it was a Coleco license for home systems). There is a picture of what the cart looks like a few pages back. I will be offering these to (obviously) two people. Not sure how I'm going to do that yet, but keep in mind that Coleco cases are *notorious* for getting dirty after 30 years, and I've cleaned them as much as possible. There will be some marks that I couldn't get off.

Here is the list so far:

1. Trebor
  2. Jinks
  3. DocEss
  4. Stun Runner 87
  5. ntavio
  6. fandenivoldsk
  7. gambler172
  8. jongolo
  9. swlovinist
  10. Compumater
  11. HatNJ
  12. gorfcadet
  13. atarian63
  14. seanhq
  15. eddhead
  16. TMOSteel
  17. JonnyBritish
  18. purduecrum
  19. adam242
  20. edweird13
  21. UberArcade
  22. streps
  23. diggs130
  24. thursday83

*NOTE - Anyone on this list who no longer wants a cart, or who is getting a boxed one at PRGE or from the store afterward, please let me know and I will remove you.

Thanks,

Bob

• Like 1

I apologize guys - I didn't mean to imply that Al wouldn't have them after the show. It just seemed that there was a lot of people going to the show (I wish I was). I didn't even think of afterward. I changed my *NOTE* in the above post.

Sorry, Al

Bob

No need to apologize at all. I just don't want people to be surprised when boxed copies are available in the store afterward. :) Granted, depending on how the game sells at the show, there may not be a large number of them available.

..Al

K, I'm not totally sure what that means.. ;-)

You mean CPU speed only on the computer running the emulator?

So, the CPU speed of the computer might animate the debris animation quicker than it should, so on a real 7800 there would still be visible debris on the screen??

desiv

I was speaking to the emulated CPU speed...um let's just say that if this game were to run at the speed of my CPU it would be over in less than 5 seconds.

There was no debris visible on the screen and I suspect that the very last frame of the death animation is a blank frame. and the collision detection sub routine was still running doing it's job when my son walked into the path of it.

My job situation has been a bit dicey of late. The company I work for, is cutting staff. :/ I'll know by the middle of next month whether I'll be held or given the boot. If held, I'll be in, though it looks like I'll have to get it through the store, along with another title I've put off getting because of this situation. I've been kind of staying away from AA because of this. I love and wish to support the hobbyist community, but it's a matter of rationalizing between something one loves and one's greater responsibilities.

Anyways, it looks great, Bob and hope things go splendidly for you, Al, the other developers and all of the enthusiasts at the expo. :)