IGNORED

Re-Started Frenzy / Berzerk :)

PacManPlus

So the Cartridge you sell will be in a different shell than the boxed one in the AtariAge Store?

They will be the same - I was only stating that two of them will be in Coleco style shells. :)

@AtariNerd: Thanks for the well wishes. :)

@Jinks: :D I haven't figured out how I'm going to distribule the two Coleco shells just yet :P

Thanks again, guys.

Bob

I'm not a completest who needs a box for a game, the cart and manual is fine for me.

If the only way to get a cart is directly from Bob, then I may be interested once I know the price.

Or if cart/manual will be available from the AA store, I can buy one that way.

Just a bit confused on what the deal is.

I can't pay by cheque but fortunately if It will be available at AA store too I will order it there :)

Also the coleco cart style rocks!

And how is voices implemented? Are taken directly from samples from arcade version or how? I just wondering if could possible 'hack' to include voices in other languages :ponder:

Amazing work Bob!!! Love these games!!!

Long ago I contacted Gary Stern to ask if they still held the rights to Berzerk and would they be interested in a remake on the Xbox 360. His answer was yes, we hold the rights and no we have no interest. At that time there were a few classic remakes coming out on the 360. Never understood why he had no interest in this, but hey, I do love his pinballs.

Once again with gusto .. Great work Bob!!!!

Amazing work Bob!!! Love these games!!!

Long ago I contacted Gary Stern to ask if they still held the rights to Berzerk and would they be interested in a remake on the Xbox 360. His answer was yes, we hold the rights and no we have no interest. At that time there were a few classic remakes coming out on the 360. Never understood why he had no interest in this, but hey, I do love his pinballs.

Once again with gusto .. Great work Bob!!!!

Didn't they release a bunch of their titles for free online?

Bob,

heartfelt thanks for giving us this pearl of programming, excellent work as always and I'm really glad to see that you continue to develop new games using 320 mode.

I loved Berzerk on 2600 so I am very excited about this your new version for 7800...and then there's Frenzy! :)

A special thanks to Schmutzpuppe for his incredible work with the voices and to Alan McNeil for his kind cooperation.

This is magical, Thanks to all of you.

Marco

Edited by Defender_2600
  • Like 1

I finally got some good play time on this this weekend, with my trusty Cuttle Cart 2.

I understand it's a very tricky mode to program in, and the limits are pretty severe, but it's still a shame Atari didn't do more with 320 mode back in the day. Everything just looks that much more arcade-like, presumably because of the square pixels that were a rarity on consoles back then.

Hey Brian:

Unfortunately, with the small run I'm doing I'm only offering cart only (with a label of couse) - if you want the manual as well, Al may be offering that once the boxes are through (don't mean to speak for you Al, please correct me if I'm wrong).

PM me if you want the cart only.

Thank you!

Bob

A few shots of Frenzy at the show. Click on any for a larger image.

Before the show opened on Saturday:

prge_frenzy_1.jpg

People playing Frenzy and Berzerk:

prge_frenzy_2.jpg

prge_frenzy_3.jpg

prge_frenzy_4.jpg

prge_frenzy_5.jpg

Boxed copy of Frenzy, along with three other new releases. Frenzy almost didn't get done in time for the show, for two different reasons (which I'll get into later)..

prge_frenzy_6.jpg

Some of the banners hanging at the AtariAge booth, including one for Frenzy:

prge_frenzy_7.jpg

..Al

• Like 6