IGNORED

Re-Started Frenzy / Berzerk :)

PacManPlus

1 hour ago, PacManPlus said:

Yeah, with regard to speech, I ran out of ROM space pretty quick.  I do really want to add more if I can free up more ROM space, but I did this 4 years ago, and I can't find the speech converter I used for this. :o

It looks great anyways. That is a minor detail..

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

ATTENTION: Unfortunately tonight's show has been postponed due to unforeseen circumstances. ? We will be playing these two games on an upcoming episode soon!

========

ZeroPage Homebrew is playing Frenzy (w/Berzerk) on tomorrow's (Tue Oct 19, 2021) stream LIVE on Twitch at 6PM PT | 9PM ET | 1AM GMT! Hope you can join us!

Games:

352863092_20211019-LetsPlay.thumb.jpg.376992cff4b1e7175ee6dfeb61113564.jpg

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

ZeroPage Homebrew is playing Frenzy (w/Berzerk) on tomorrow's (Tue Oct 19, 2021) stream LIVE on Twitch at 6PM PT | 9PM ET | 1AM GMT! Hope you can join us!

Games:

352863092_20211019-LetsPlay.thumb.jpg.376992cff4b1e7175ee6dfeb61113564.jpg

Sweet?

2AA0DFA9-E7C9-4F95-96ED-7D73E69E3FAB.jpeg

• Like 6

ZeroPage Homebrew is playing Frenzy on tomorrow's (Fri Oct 22, 2021) stream LIVE on Twitch at 6PM PT | 9PM ET | 1AM GMT! Hope you can join us!

PLUS!! Exclusive sneak peek at Bob DeCrescenzo's next Atari 7800 arcade port!

ZPH Twitch Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/zeropagehomebrew/

Games:

(WATCH AT 1080P60 FOR FULL QUALITY)

Also... the new game from Bob is.....

DEFENDER!!!

Defender1.thumb.jpg.d5cb2bc59d01a43a26f17486422da403.jpg Defender2.thumb.jpg.5f7e4a0aa80a55dff56fd4f84aad2167.jpg

• Like 7

6 hours ago, BydoEmpire said:

Frenzy is one of my all-time favorite arcade games, I really need to pick this up!

As you're finding, this is an easy to recommend purchase. While I haven't fully cottoned to Frenzy myself yet, I'm glad it's there, just need to spend some more time with it someday... but love Love LOVE Berzerk!   :love:

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/25/2021 at 11:42 AM, PacManPlus said:

So after the show, I realized that I thought I posted the fixed version of Frenzy here back when I first fixed it.  It turns out that I didn't :(

So, here it is. :)

Frenzy.bin 48 kB · 17 downloads Frenzy.A78 48.13 kB · 36 downloads

I finally had a chance to watch ZPH's show the other day. Great to see you back working on DEFENDER! One of my all-time faves. :)

As for this fix for Frenzy, does anyone know if this is the version in @Trebor's Pro Pack? And is it the one @Albert is using for building carts in the Store? 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, DrVenkman said:

As for this fix for Frenzy, does anyone know if this is the version in @Trebor's Pro Pack?

The PROPack only contains homebrew ROMs that are publicly released, or officially sanctioned by the developer(s)/publisher(s) for public release.  As a result, the current ROM provided in the archive aligns with what is mentioned in Bob's post

The recently posted public release ROM will be included in the next update to the PROPack, which is planned to occur prior to end of year.

• Like 5

• 2 years later...
On 9/6/2013 at 3:06 PM, a9k said:

Hi I'm the Alan McNeil that designed the games. Bob contacted me quite a while back when just starting the project.

I'm advising and suggesting changes to this project. Glad to see my old games finally make it onto an Atari in a decent version.

This is fun for me because it's a lot less work suggesting a change than coding it.

Glad to see a few players out there still want to play the classics.

RIP Alan.

I have to buy this. The fact that he oversaw this project makes it that much sweeter. Hopefully this fact is prominently displayed/advertised.. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JagChris said:

RIP Alan.

I have to buy this. The fact that he oversaw this project makes it that much sweeter. Hopefully this fact is prominently displayed/advertised..

image.thumb.png.325ef318d47e5bf3d2ecb2f730817c89.png

More than worth the $35.  Buyer is acquiring excellent ports of both Frenzy! and Berzerk, including speech.

One Player, Two Player Alternating, Two Player Cooperative, and Two Player Competitive modes for both titles.

Upgrade to include the box for $20 more.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Trebor said:

image.thumb.png.325ef318d47e5bf3d2ecb2f730817c89.png

More than worth the $35.  Buyer is acquiring excellent ports of both Frenzy! and Berzerk, including speech.

One Player, Two Player Alternating, Two Player Cooperative, and Two Player Competitive modes for both titles.

Upgrade to include the box for $20 more.

Hear, hear! The $35 is a great deal for this two-for-one purchase. Both games are excellent ports and deserve to be a part of everyone’s 7800 collection.

IMG_2129.jpeg

IMG_2131.jpeg

Edited by sramirez2008
Spelling
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/10/2023 at 5:52 AM, JagChris said:

I'm glad Atari owns Stern now and let you keep selling this. 

Sort of stuff that’s really cool Atari is doing…

Perhaps it’s overdue time a third installment in the franchise sees the light…?

Edited by Giles N