IGNORED

Suggest a book

'Atari Graphics and Arcade Game Design' is very, very good indeed with its treatment of pm/g. The rest of the book... Not so much... There are basic examples and also a great introduction to asm.

Here is a link to the online copy at Atari Archives:

http://www.atariarchives.org/agagd/chapter5.php

Edited by morelenmir

De Re Atari is the defacto standard for graphics programmers, but it isn't the most friendly book. Another book that blew my mind was "Computer Animation Primer" by David Fox and Mitchell Waite, published by Byte Books in 1984. One of the books that took my game programming to another level. Cool related story -- 10 years later, I went on to write "The Black Art of 3D Game Programming" for Mitch Waite Group in 1994. I still had my original copy of his Computer Animation Primer book, and now he printed and published mine, so we both signed each other's books, kinda closed the circle :) Anyway, here's a link to: http://www.atariarchives.org/cap/

I literally ordered this book out of the back of another book, I think a PASCAL book and waited months for it -- when I got it, it was like finding Atlantis -- I read it cover to cover, over and over. AWESOME book.

Andre'

• Like 1

I will give that one a look over ALaMothe! Sounds cool.

De Re is excellent and dry as dust perhaps - but don't let that put you off. It is the last word. 90 times out of a hundred if 'De Re' and another book disagree over something then 'De Re' has it right! That's what I found with 'Atari Graphics and Arcade Game Design'.

Hey Champs :thumbsup:

the book that finally got PMGs through to me after years of BASIC programming was Atari Player Missile Graphics in BASIC really nice step by step book (a couple of typos here and there) and good reference tables without being too heavy going.

I would be pleased to help you out if you need anything :)