IGNORED

VBXE 2.1 preordering

lotharek

I'm still waiting to receive my machines back with the original one. Again, sloop, supposed to send an adaptor to Texas so Metal can finish the task....

...been MONTHS now. Would be nice to check out even the original.

Edited by Syfo-Dyas

• 3 weeks later...

I'm still waiting to receive my machines back with the original one. Again, sloop, supposed to send an adaptor to Texas so Metal can finish the task....

...been MONTHS now. Would be nice to check out even the original.

So you've gotten the VBXE and are waiting on an adapter now? I took FastRobPlus' spot in line - and I've been waiting since September 2012 with no update of any kind, and certainly not the VBXE.

Still if he's working through the list - then I'll get it eventually. But- the main thing is, I don't want to have to work with daily complaining in order to get the thing. I'm not going to do that.

Well I am so glad that there is another VBXE pre-order! Good news. I ordered an incognito from Candle - and I could not be more happy with that experience.

Candle is awesome. Also I just ordered a Side 2 from Lotharek via ebay, I can't wait for that!

no, with vbxe 2.1 you're receiving exacly the same FPGA, and everything else is exacly the same except for few cosmetic changes and new video DAC, because the one used on VBXE 2.0 is now obsolete

there is no point in upgrading vbxe 2.0 to 2.1 if you already have one

Ya it's like this... and mind you, I've been trying to be understanding and keep my mouth shut publicly, but it's actually been a LOT of months, years in fact.

I sent a 130XE which I botched up to Metal about 3 years ago. While he had it, I ordered two VBXE's, so I mailed the one down to Metal to install while he had my stuff. He then needed some sort of adaptor which Sloopy was supposed to send to him, and he is still waiting.

Mind you, I told Metal to hold onto my 130XE till Sloopy mailed the adaptor, but that's been FOREVER ago.

In the mean time, I had Sloop work on a couple Atari's for me, which he did and I was happy. I then had an Amiga 600 which I mailed to him to have recapped because I was having audio issues, but never received it back, I only get messages stating that he's having personal issues.

I then later get aPM from him asking me for $60 to help him with a situation. He said if I could do that, he'd call it even, recap the 600 and mail it back to me.

Well I sent him the money, but never heard back about my 600. I watied a while, then wrote him because the warrenty on an expansion I'd bought for my 600 was about to run out, and I needed the 600 recapped also so I could see if that was causing issues with my expansion as well as the audio.

Well again I got a message talking about personal issues and this and that, but insuring me that he'd get right on it. Well my warrenty expired, I moved a couple times, and finally after 6 or so months wrote again (a couple weeks ago in fact), and here he is saying he just moved and that the 600 is in storage and that he'll fish it out for me...

...still waiting for a reply.

Not very happy to say the least.

So you've gotten the VBXE and are waiting on an adapter now? I took FastRobPlus' spot in line - and I've been waiting since September 2012 with no update of any kind, and certainly not the VBXE.

Still if he's working through the list - then I'll get it eventually. But- the main thing is, I don't want to have to work with daily complaining in order to get the thing. I'm not going to do that.

Well I am so glad that there is another VBXE pre-order! Good news. I ordered an incognito from Candle - and I could not be more happy with that experience.

Candle is awesome. Also I just ordered a Side 2 from Lotharek via ebay, I can't wait for that!

i could release gerber files for adaptors to PD if that would change something

that is, provided that Lotharek doesn't have anythig against it

it would be 2.0 adaptor boards, not the one that are currently in production, but they are good enough most of the times

2.1 adaptors are more uniform and designed having easy of mass-manufacturing rather than a hand work as 2.0 were

I just bought ATARI SC1435 monitor, hoping to use it in near future together with VBXE from Lotharek’s production. Will this work? I found couple of SC1435 related threads here but none of these answered clearly (for me) this question.

The second VBXE I want to use with an arcade CRT SVGA monitor (Makvision M2929). This monitor has a standard 15PIN D-SUB female connector. Again the same question. Will it work? Thank you.

Edited by jk40001

vbxe vga core is both outdated, deprecated and as Jon said, hit and miss

I see, then maybe video convertor from Lotharek RGB2YUV (not yet available) which states to be tested OK with VBXE plus another convertor YUV2VGA (available from ebay) could get me there? ....worth to try or a complete bull?

I see, then maybe video convertor from Lotharek RGB2YUV (not yet available) which states to be tested OK with VBXE plus another convertor YUV2VGA (available from ebay) could get me there? ....worth to try or a complete bull?

I am using this http://atariage.com/...sc1224-project/ with an 130XE and it works great as long as the monitor is jvc or samsung. I think the SC1435 works also. Goldstar needs a sync separator.

*EDIT* read my old post and I did try the sc1435 and it works fine.

Edited by TheNameOfTheGame
  • Like 1

Ya it's like this... and mind you, I've been trying to be understanding and keep my mouth shut publicly, but it's actually been a LOT of months, years in fact.

I sent a 130XE which I botched up to Metal about 3 years ago. While he had it, I ordered two VBXE's, so I mailed the one down to Metal to install while he had my stuff. He then needed some sort of adaptor which Sloopy was supposed to send to him, and he is still waiting.

Mind you, I told Metal to hold onto my 130XE till Sloopy mailed the adaptor, but that's been FOREVER ago.

In the mean time, I had Sloop work on a couple Atari's for me, which he did and I was happy. I then had an Amiga 600 which I mailed to him to have recapped because I was having audio issues, but never received it back, I only get messages stating that he's having personal issues.

I then later get aPM from him asking me for $60 to help him with a situation. He said if I could do that, he'd call it even, recap the 600 and mail it back to me.

Well I sent him the money, but never heard back about my 600. I watied a while, then wrote him because the warrenty on an expansion I'd bought for my 600 was about to run out, and I needed the 600 recapped also so I could see if that was causing issues with my expansion as well as the audio.

Well again I got a message talking about personal issues and this and that, but insuring me that he'd get right on it. Well my warrenty expired, I moved a couple times, and finally after 6 or so months wrote again (a couple weeks ago in fact), and here he is saying he just moved and that the 600 is in storage and that he'll fish it out for me...

...still waiting for a reply.

Not very happy to say the least.

You should take this up privately with Sloopy, and keep it that way. It's in very bad taste that you bring this up publicly in the forum. He hasn't ripped anyone off. He is just taking forever. The poor guy bit off more than he could chew, and then his ex-wife yanked his teeth out completely.. He is trying like hell to get his life sorted out, and his first priority after food, room, and board, is completion of the obligations he undertook before all of this happened. He is in an IRC channel on irc.freenode.net, channel ##atari, 24-7.. You could easily get DAILY updates from him if you wanted to. Sloopy is not Zaxxon.. He's not hiding and avoiding anyone.. So cut the guy some slack.. LIFE HAPPENS..

Oh. and btw, I am waiting on the ENTIRE VBXE from SLoopy (which he is in the priocess of working on RIGHT NOW).. Not just the adaptor board.. I sold the ENTIRE VBXE that you sent to another customer and used the money to order the newer and CORRECT version of the kit from Sloopy (it was either that, or send the board to poland for an exchange. At the time noone knew Sloopy was gonna have a personal catastrophe). I told you this the last time we discussed this privately.. This is really noone else's business, but since you decided to make this an event of public presidence,let's set the record exactly straight..

Edited by MEtalGuy66
  • Like 2

I did just that for the past couple of years, and that is why I finally came public about it. I understand that people have real live's and that this is about material objects that's why I have not sent Sloopy any hate mail, but again it has been years, and the communication has been minimal, so it is little wonder that I have became concerned and decided to finally voice my concerns openly and in the forums after all this time.

Anyhow, if real life is giving him the shaft then fine, I understand that, but an apology and a lengthy letter explaining circumstances in a bit more detail would have been nice. Anyhow, thank you for doing just that, especially considering this is not your problem. I'll go back to waiting patiently again.

You should take this up privately with Sloopy, and keep it that way. It's in very bad taste that you bring this up publicly in the forum. He hasn't ripped anyone off. He is just taking forever. The poor guy bit off more than he could chew, and then his ex-wife yanked his teeth out completely.. He is trying like hell to get his life sorted out, and his first priority after food, room, and board, is completion of the obligations he undertook before all of this happened. He is in an IRC channel on irc.freenode.net, channel ##atari, 24-7.. You could easily get DAILY updates from him if you wanted to. Sloopy is not Zaxxon.. He's not hiding and avoiding anyone.. So cut the guy some slack.. LIFE HAPPENS..

Oh. and btw, I am waiting on the ENTIRE VBXE from SLoopy (which he is in the priocess of working on RIGHT NOW).. Not just the adaptor board.. I sold the ENTIRE VBXE that you sent to another customer and used the money to order the newer and CORRECT version of the kit from Sloopy (it was either that, or send the board to poland for an exchange. At the time noone knew Sloopy was gonna have a personal catastrophe). I told you this the last time we discussed this privately.. This is really noone else's business, but since you decided to make this an event of public presidence,let's set the record exactly straight..

Oh man I was very steamed by MetalGuy's post.

But let me edit - to say just this - thank you Syfo-Dyas for sharing your experience.

Sloopy didn't contact me for 11 months - and yet he's often logged in.

Contacting him did yield an excuse - but not the VBXE.

I think it's OK to understand if Sloopy became overwhelmed, at the same time - lets allowed for us to be disappointed in what happened as well.

Edited by jakeLearns

Are there any plans to update the VGA core? People are throwing away tons of nice 17" SVGA CRT monitors every day as they gravitate toward cheap LCD's. Decent RGB monitors are much more expensive than free and don't produce any prettier of a picture.

How hit or miss is it?

I am just now having a guy from AtariAge install my VBXE 2.0 card that I bought last year.

Because I want the fx core and because I also want to use an LCD flat panel monitor, I am planning to use a $30 rgb to vga converter.

At first I thought these were much more expensive, because the Amiga Scandoublers are over $100. But if you go to ebay and search on keywords "GBS8200" - you'll get right to the boards that start at $18 + shipping.

And in particular - even though its the same board, one of the vendors is advertising it as amiga compatible- to see his auction search on "Amiga converter"

Now, the guy that shows the Amiga conversion made his own cable from the Amiga DB23 to 8pin RGBS port on the board.

But my plan - although I haven't done it yet, is just to have the VBXE installed with an HD15 connector, and hook straight to the HD15 input on the board.

At 20 something bucks, I think this is a good solution to hooking up a new monitor.

I wish I could report on success in the past tense, but I have sent out my Atari (edit: 800XL) for VBXE installation (I lack the skills to do it myself)....so I won't know for a few more weeks.

Edited by toad