IGNORED

Potential new hardware

foft

@santosp: thanks for trying! I found it works good too... but I had to re-download the XEX. I don't know what went wrong with my previous download.

Any luck with Space Harrier cart image?

On the ZX-UNO using this core it does not work.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/184410-space-harrier-released/

Yes this work also for me but I use Altera DE1 compatible hardware.

@santosp: thanks for trying! I found it works good too... but I had to re-download the XEX. I don't know what went wrong with my previous download.

Any luck with Space Harrier cart image?

On the ZX-UNO using this core it does not work.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/184410-space-harrier-released/

The cart runs fine for me.

I'm using the default settings.

Running on MCC-216

Edited by NML32

Thanks guys. I guess it's broken on de ZXUNO only...

I saw your post on the ZX Uno forum. I think the ZX Uno has just 512KB RAM like the Papilio Duo. So there isn't enough memory to load large cartridges. Since that space is shared between OS, basic system RAM and cartridge. Think its 128K max.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@foft: the famous NUMEN demo has two versions. The single disk version works, however the 2-disk version does not. Both versions are available here: http://numen.scene.pl/download.html

Maybe the single disk version is what we're supposed to be using, but I am reporting just in case...

What about it doesn't work? I've always tested with the 2 disk version, but perhaps there is another one:)

I'm having problems running the 800 and 5200 cores on my MiST. The 800 core just boots to a black screen and if I press F12 to load a game the list is buggy and the game doesn't load. TBH, I usually run both the 800 and 5200 from my MCC-216 and I can't remember the last time I tried running them from my MiST. Maybe my SD card is going bad.

Running Firmware: firmware_170207.upg

800 core: 20160305/mist

Edited by NML32

The sd card layout on the mcc is different to the mist. The manual shows where they should go. Worth checking. Other than that, erm...

I think my MiST's SD reader is having problems. Lately, my MiST has been having issues reading all my SD cards new and old I have to power cycle and remove and reinsert the cards many times before they are read.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I got my mist computer this weekend and fired off a bunch of cores and they all worked including Atari 800xl. But I went to type 10 print “hello world” and quote didn’t show up. Figured out why and mist has a key mapping feature in the mist.ini that might fix it up. Anyone got a mist.ini that maps Atari to modern keyboard?

• 11 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I have dusted off my 4-year old MIST, upgraded its firmware and cores and everything is working as good (or better!) than before, except for my atari800 core. It boots to a black screen, and if I press F12, some thick vertical bars (and blocks at the top) show up - it looks like a rudimentary diagnostic, but it's stuck. I've checked my roms folder, messed around with other things, and don't get a working 800. Is the latest MIST firmware incompatible with this core, or is there something else I should look out for?

thanks!

dylan