IGNORED

Potential new hardware

foft

Thanks for the feedback:)

Regarding Caverns of Mars. Avery explains the issue with this title in his fantastic hardware reference manual. Should be an easy fix. Speaking of which... if either of you have time would be good to add the following to the spreadsheet:

I) Any titles explicitly mentioned in the Altirra Hardware reference manual

ii) Tricky titles listed earlier in this thread.

Next up... OSD and port to SOCkit, Replay and MCC216. Oh and Carts.

Glad to see that you will be porting to the MCC216.

-Mark

Hi there,

i am stuck trying to get the ATR selection menu. All it displays is: "opendir fail" or, with the latest sof "opendir failed".

My SD card is FAT16, no folders, all ATRs in its root folder.

SW0 up keeps the screen black, while all i could find on information tells me SW0 up to enable SD card.

Whats going wrong?

Greets,

Beetle

Guess it doesn't like your SD card. Try another card! Mine all work but YMMV. FAT16 should be fine but I've been using FAT32. Screen stays black with sw0 up if it can't initialise the SD card. Only tip I can think of - make sure the card is inserted before powering on (or reset with f12) the DE1.

Fire button? Hmmm, I only used a real joystick. Perhaps keyboard bounces? I wait for joystick button to be released, but don't delay otherwise. I'll check with windows key.

Edit:Checked. Works fine here! What happens when you select a file?

Edited by foft

Updated the latest sof inplace. Silly bug that broke the XEX loader and slowed down the ATR loader...

I can't reproduce problems getting back from file selector to the menu.

It's easier when using the KB. The problem seems that the KB and Joystick key press is repeating (very rapidly) when the key or fire button is pressed.

How do you switch disk?

Edited by NML32

New build up with very simple OSD for selecting RAM/ROM and disk images. On right switch on DE1 for now...

Any chance of publishing the latest source? Or even doing a git or mercurial repo on your server? I had started looking through the code to add such features only to find that you have... :)

Any chance of publishing the latest source? Or even doing a git or mercurial repo on your server? I had started looking through the code to add such features only to find that you have... :)

Oh, do you want to help with the OSD?

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/220546-osd-for-fpga-atari/

I'll update it. The thing I'm thinking about now is the best way to freeze the Atari, take over the chips then continue. I think I might need ram behind antic/gtia/pokey and then rewrite their regs on exit... I have some already of course, but its slower than the custom chips, so I might use some regs/bram in the FPGA instead.

That's what I get for not reading the programming forum... Yeah, I'm looking to help with that. I'm not sure the best bet is taking over the chips. Best just to do a video overlay and not disturb the Atari hardware at all.

Yeah maybe. But then we'd need another video engine, which would have to compete with CPU/Antic for memory access etc. I think saving a few registers will be simpler and it will 'look' Atari.

Should add - having help with the OSD would be awesome:-)

Edited by foft

Do you have auto fire on? I wait for button release. I'll add a delay too:)

Switch disk by selecting another image then exit the menu. Some places it doesn't work. Really I need to capture and restore antic+gtia registers.

@foft the issue I was having selecting files in the OSD has been resolved in build atari800core_20140119.sof

Thanks!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...