IGNORED

Potential new hardware

foft

• 4 weeks later...

So as of today's build NML32's spreadsheet is at 100% compatibility! Many thanks to Phaeron for the help with the help with Spider City and Turmoil. If anyone has any failures please add them to NML32s sheet for investigation.

• Like 7

Hi, if anybody is interested on buying an FPGA board to run the Atari 800XL core, the MCC-216 VGA is offered by the manufacturer on ebay USA for US$129.99 :)

Don't forget that the MCC-216 VGA only supports two resolutions:

720x576 pixels / 50Hz - PAL mode

640x480 pixels / 60Hz - NTSC mode

It is recommendable to use it with a monitor that supports both resolutions.

Of course there are still a few small bugs... :mad: This is the biggest one I'm aware of.

Any hints? :-D I've found that turbo freezer saves it so I can run it without running the whole demo, but still need to add some code to pause (repeat the same frame) it in the broken bits so I can debug....Looks to be dynamic hscroll related judging by the logo at the top.

It is doing HSCROL-per-line, but it's pretty well behaved: values in 0-3, all written right after WSYNC, no DMACTL-per-line, and no 4K playfield wrapping. If you have abnormal playfield DMA emulated, the timing might be off -- try disabling that and see if it fixes it.

It is doing HSCROL-per-line, but it's pretty well behaved: values in 0-3, all written right after WSYNC, no DMACTL-per-line, and no 4K playfield wrapping. If you have abnormal playfield DMA emulated, the timing might be off -- try disabling that and see if it fixes it.

Sounds pretty vanilla, hmmmm.

Yeah I replicated the antic DMA clock circuit, quirks and all. I trigger start/stop based on cycles and hscrol setting. I'll reset the shift register at the end of each scan line and see if that works around it.

How do you do a save with the freezer? I've tried on the Mist and MCC and both give an error when I try to save to file.

Do you insert a formatted writeable disk? It takes 20 secs to save too.

Edit: I was doing it on the de1, but the sd logic is the same on de1 and mcc. Mist is different.

Edited by foft

What error do you get? I press S the F then enter the file name then press enter. The file created must be loaded from the freezer menu, not from

Dos. To do that press E then F then enter file name.

Edited by foft

• 1 month later...

@foft has your A8 and 5200 core been updated to utilize the new wireless joysticks that ARG (MCC) is advertising?

NEW now the MCC-216 supports in addition the TORID wireless USB Joypad !

Towards the bottom of the page it states the Atari 800 core supports the Torid wireless joystick.

* Currently supported from MCC-216 and MCC-TV (Cores: Atari 800XL and ATARI 5200)

http://store.arcaderetrogaming.com/?product=xeox-wireless-joypad-pc-usb

Will your core support the Torid joysticks on the MIST as well?

Thanks,

Mark K.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi Mark, how are you.

I guess this must be a lot of work, but... would it be possible you map the Torid joypad's extra buttons to support these keys, so we can full control the A8 core from the MCC's wireless joypad, just like with the CDTV remote control from the Chameleon?

F5 - Help

F6 - Start

F7 - Select

F8 - Option

F9 - Reset

F10 - Cold start (clear base 64KB RAM and reset)

F11 - Select drive 1 and cold start

F12 - System settings menu

Please! :) thanks, Juan

Edited by jugac64

All of them except help are there. The latest build isn't yet on my site/svn though. The Mcc team were going to put the release candidate (v1.3) on their site last Saturday (for mcc216 and mcctv) but I haven't checked it.

Edit: Yep it's up

Edited by foft
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...