IGNORED

Potential new hardware

foft

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Of course there are still a few small bugs... :mad: This is the biggest one I'm aware of.

Any hints? :-D I've found that turbo freezer saves it so I can run it without running the whole demo, but still need to add some code to pause (repeat the same frame) it in the broken bits so I can debug....Looks to be dynamic hscroll related judging by the logo at the top.

Ha, I thought this was a bug for over a year. Yesterday I tried to debug it and after several hours realised that its down to a bad image (as linked here standalone and in demos1.zip - http://atariage.com/forums/topic/189101-best-demos/?hl=%2Bcool+%2Bemotion&do=findComment&comment=2394132).Still it was fun to learn more about using Altirra's debugger and the Turbo Freezer. Both of which were invaluable in tracking it down - though in this case I could have solved it by loading the same image on my 600XL. I had 3 copies floating around and was using different ones.

I'm happy though, its not a bug with the core :)

• Like 4

Hi Mark. :) :)

Someone ask in a previous message about "Bounty Bob Strike Back" support from your "excellent" hardware! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Just to note cause the original logic's of this game, have already reconstructed from the scratch from Bernd Herale. It's "Big Ben" member here, and I have the honor to be my friend. ;-)

I have the explanation of equations on two "GED" files.

If you have the time to deal with it, just let me know as to send these to you.

One more time "Thank you" -public this time- for your pcb's plus the extra parts! ;) :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Edited by santosp

• 3 weeks later...

Hello to all. :)

I would like to inform cause I have available two populated expansion boards for DE1 system. These are a Cartridge / PBI and a Joystick / SIO / XEGS Keyboard boards.

This is one time offer, as I don't have plans to make again from these.

If someone need it, please lets communicate with me via p.m. ;)

post-23371-0-67902800-1479099032_thumb.jpg

Edited by santosp
  • Like 3

Hello to all. :)

I would like to inform cause I have available two populated expansion boards for DE1 system. These are a Cartridge / PBI and a Joystick / SIO / XEGS Keyboard boards.

This is one time offer, as I don't have plans to make again from these.

If someone need it, please lets communicate with me via p.m. ;)

attachicon.gifsm_cart_inserted.jpg

It has gone now. Thank you.

Now that I have this core running happily on my ZXUNO board (RCA is enough for me), I am selling my three Altera DE1 boards, which can run thos core very well. One is used, the other two are brand new. Anybody interested?

I got a ZXUNO board last month from the crowdfunding, but haven't played with it much yet. Where did you get foft's Atari core for it?

Robin

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the report, will take a look and see if I can reproduce.

If anyone has a DE1 (or wants to buy vanfanel's) and wants to build the breakout boards I have a couple of (bare) pcbs hanging around. They are fiddly to build though, small SMT resistors.

@foft: I have seen the demo running on real Atari and seems to be working fine:

Well yes, but it also works fine on the core a lot of the time. I expect its a memory initialization bug, or timing bug, in the demo or something like that. At least I changed to rambo, rebooted and it worked fine. I tried it with success a couple of other times, but not sure if I changed any settings.

I've changed my domain, so anyone looking for the cores on http://www.scrameta.net, please using instead http://www.64KiB.com. The old one will remain active for a couple of months.

Edited by foft
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...