IGNORED

Dropped my micro SD card into Harmony Cart

roryjr

• 3 months later...

If I pop the cart open to get it out, will it easily go back together? Help.

Probably old, but I'll answer anyway. All 1st party Atari carts have a Phillips screw underneath the label. You can feel around for a circular indent and that is where the screw is. Penetrate the label with a small phillips screwdriver to remove the screw. You will have to poke a hole in the pretty label as there is no other way to open the cart. :_(

A couple of 30+ years old Atari carts I've had to open in order to deep clean to get working again have a screw hole in the original label, but most were pretty ratty to start with.

Edited by stardust4ever

• 3 years later...

It happened to me today so I lost the label. Nevermid, I will make a better one myself, to fit the Junior console better. But those tutorials over here are absolutely confusing. I had to study some pictures and cart itself. Just press the shell with the label on one edge near the connector until it starts to separate and then gently use the flat screwdriver to separate along the whole one side. No squeezing, turning and forcing as described! The second side will come off without screwdriver.

post-3803-1089526774.jpg

To put cartridge back start with the spring shell as seen on the picture. First install the spring, then the flap inside the connector frame and put this combo inside the shell fixing the spring to the flap as seen on the picture. Then install the board and close with the second shell it just clicks together easily.

post-10599-0-35708500-1317478513.jpg

BTW to clean the label use isopropanol. I just comes off itself in a dozen of seconds. I was messing with hot water and all that and no luck even after half an hour. Isopropalon is the way.

Edited by maiki