IGNORED

First games you got for each system! (including pack-ins)

NES (my first console): SMB-DH pack-in, followed by Donkey Kong Jr

Game Boy: Tetris pack-in and Super Mario Land

SNES: Super Mario World pack-in, Pilotwings

N64: Mario Kart 64, Zelda: Ocarina, Goldeneye

Gamecube: Zelda Collectors Edition pack-in, Tony Hawk's Underground

Game Boy Advance: Super Mario World, Namco Museum

Xbox: Enter the Matrix

DS: Advance Wars Dual Strike

PSP: Need for Speed somethingorother

360: GTA IV

Wii: Wii Sports pack-in, Mario and Sonic, Punch-Out!!!

3DS: Zelda: Ocarina, Steel Diver

Vita: Little Deviants pack-in, Rayman Origins the next day or so

Wii U: NSMBU

I'll play... memory is a little fuzzy though!

Atari 2600: Combat (pack-in) and Target Fun and one other Sears' game? We were a Sears' family!

TI 99/4A: This was my dad's so not really sure on that one.

Colecovision: DK (pack-in) and Smurf. I wanna say another one on that but can't remember

Atari 5200: picked up at a garage sale around '85 or '86. Came with boxed Joust and Kaboom.

NES: I remember getting this at first week of launch. I had the deluxe set w/ Rob and came w/ Gyromite and Duck Hunt. I believe I also got Popeye???

Sega Master System: Hang On/Safari Hunt. I think my next title was Space Harrier.

Genesis: Got this a week after launch (had a hard time finding one) Altered Beast, Last Battle, Space Harrier 2, Super Thunder Blade.

Snes: Didn't get one till a full year later. Super Ghouls n Ghosts and Castlevania 4

Playstation: Some demo disc, Destruction Derby and Twisted Metal

N64: Sole reason I bought this was for Goldeneye and Shadows of the Empire

PS2: One of the Gran Turismo games (pack-in) Don't remember after that

Neo Geo: Got this around 2001. Magician Lord, Nam 1975 and Art of Fighting

Xbox: Halo and some Mech game.

hmmmm.

well i don't really know about 2600 because i don't remember.... i was too young, my older brothers and sisters had it, then it broke and they kept it hidden away so i never got to play it until i was old enough to learn about it, look on ebay and buy myself a bundle.

I wanna say like... Asteroids/Ms. Pac-Man/Pitfall/Jungle Hunt or something? like a whole bunch of games at once.

NES also too young to remember, but I'm sure my family got the Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt pack-in system bundle

then we had a bunch of games (about 20 from before I can remember)... I wanna say Mario bros 3/Metroid... etc....

Genesis -- Sonic The Hedgehog pack-in

Sega CD -- Sewer Shark pack-in

SNES -- let me see if i remember, i think when i bought my system I got a super game boy with it with...uhhh star fox & F-zero ?? i think?

Playstation -- frogger 2 & spyro 3

N64 -- Mario Kart

DS -- don't remember which i bought first... i wanna say wario ware touched! was one of them if not the first

5200 -- came bundles with a crap load of games, so i can't really say which was my first ..probably galaxian since i played that the most until i got more games

GBA -- super mario advance / super dodge ball advance

game boy -- tetris/super mario land pack-ins

wii --uhh, wii sports

PS2 -- uhh, i think i want to say The Bouncer

360 -- ummm, halo 3??/guitar hero 3?

PSP -- came with ratchet and clank: size matters

GameCube-- I wanna say Sonic Adventure 2: Battle ???maybe

NGPC -- i dont remember.. sonic or metal slug

Game Gear -- came with Super Columns and i also got Sonic Drift 2 with it because my mom made a mistake and got it instead of sonic the hedgehog 2.... BEST MOM MISTAKE OF MY CHILDHOOD EVER!

Xbox -- Sega GT 2002 / Jet Set Radio Future combo disc pack-in

Virtual Boy -- Mario's Tennis pack-in

Intellivision -- came bundled with a bunch of games, so can't really name a first

e-Reader -- probably Donkey Kong. I'm not too sure

Game Boy Color -- Wario Land 2

Saturn -- came bundled with a bunch of games, but whatever, i'll say daytona usa

3DS -- Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition

7800 -- came with a bunch, but I think the first one I played was Robotron

master system -- i donno, hang on/safari hunt ??i guess

Jaguar -- cybermorph

32X -- Knuckles Chaotix, I remember clearly the day I got my 32X working correctly after that hellish nightmare of trying to hooking it up, this was the game I tested it on

Wii U -- Nintendo Land

PS3 -- uhhhhhh.... littlebigplanet i guess

Dreamcast -- Blue Stinger

(sorry for the random order)

hmmmm.

well i don't really know about 2600 because i don't remember.... i was too young, my older brothers and sisters had it, then it broke and they kept it hidden away so i never got to play it until i was old enough to learn about it, look on ebay and buy myself a bundle.

I wanna say like... Asteroids/Ms. Pac-Man/Pitfall/Jungle Hunt or something? like a whole bunch of games at once.

NES also too young to remember, but I'm sure my family got the Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt pack-in system bundle

then we had a bunch of games (about 20 from before I can remember)... I wanna say Mario bros 3/Metroid... etc....

Genesis -- Sonic The Hedgehog pack-in

Sega CD -- Sewer Shark pack-in

SNES -- let me see if i remember, i think when i bought my system I got a super game boy with it with...uhhh star fox & F-zero ?? i think?

Playstation -- frogger 2 & spyro 3

N64 -- Mario Kart

DS -- don't remember which i bought first... i wanna say wario ware touched! was one of them if not the first

5200 -- came bundles with a crap load of games, so i can't really say which was my first ..probably galaxian since i played that the most until i got more games

GBA -- super mario advance / super dodge ball advance

game boy -- tetris/super mario land pack-ins

wii --uhh, wii sports

PS2 -- uhh, i think i want to say The Bouncer

360 -- ummm, halo 3??/guitar hero 3?

PSP -- came with ratchet and clank: size matters

GameCube-- I wanna say Sonic Adventure 2: Battle ???maybe

NGPC -- i dont remember.. sonic or metal slug

Game Gear -- came with Super Columns and i also got Sonic Drift 2 with it because my mom made a mistake and got it instead of sonic the hedgehog 2.... BEST MOM MISTAKE OF MY CHILDHOOD EVER!

Xbox -- Sega GT 2002 / Jet Set Radio Future combo disc pack-in

Virtual Boy -- Mario's Tennis pack-in

Intellivision -- came bundled with a bunch of games, so can't really name a first

e-Reader -- probably Donkey Kong. I'm not too sure

Game Boy Color -- Wario Land 2

Saturn -- came bundled with a bunch of games, but whatever, i'll say daytona usa

3DS -- Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition

7800 -- came with a bunch, but I think the first one I played was Robotron

master system -- i donno, hang on/safari hunt ??i guess

Jaguar -- cybermorph

32X -- Knuckles Chaotix, I remember clearly the day I got my 32X working correctly after that hellish nightmare of trying to hooking it up, this was the game I tested it on

Wii U -- Nintendo Land

PS3 -- uhhhhhh.... littlebigplanet i guess

Dreamcast -- Blue Stinger

(sorry for the random order)

wow looks like you got all the systems!

Atari 2600:

Combat

Asteroids

Outlaw

Tandy Color Computer:

Carmen Sandiego

Rescue at Fractalus

NES:

SMB/Duck Hunt

Breakthru

TG-16

Keith Courage

Alien Crush

China Warrior

Blazing Lazers

Dragon Spirit

Dungeon Explorer

Military madness

Genesis:

Sonic 1

NHL Hockey

SNES:

Tetris Attack

Williams Arcade Hits

N64:

Mario Kart

Goldeneye

PS1:

Colony Wars

Intelligent Qube

Xbox:

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit II

PS2:

Some kids horse game for my daughter, can't remember

Wii:

Wii Sports

Atari 2600: Frogger, Combat

NES: Zelda, Maro/Duck Hunt, Mario 2

Super Nintendo: Super Star Wars, Mechwarrior, Zelda

Playstation: Bust a Move, Metal Gear Solid, Tomb Raider 2

Dreamcast 9/9/99: NFL2K

PS3: Little Big Planet, Batman Asylum, Killzone 3

Gameboy (original): Tetris, Alleyway, Tennis

Game Gear: Super Off Road, Shinobi

These are systems I got new:

Atari 2600: Pack-in was Combat, but we got River Raid and Pac Man pretty soon after.

NES: Pack-in was SMB/Duck Hunt. Also received Castlevania, Metal Gear, and 1943 at the same time. That was a great birthday.

TurboGrafx-16: Pack in was Keith Courage. Received The Legendary Axe that same Christmas.

Genesis: Lion King (bought recently on eBay as a NIB item with this pack-in)

Playstation: Don't think there was a pack in (except maybe a game demo disc). Don't remember the actual first games, but I know Cyberia and D were a couple early ones.

Playstation 2: Gran Turismo 3: A-spec

Game Cube: Legend of Zelda: Windwaker and four game Zelda collectors disc

XBox: A Tennis/Football pack-in. Fable was first game actually bought, I believe.

Wii: Wii Sports pack-in. Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess first game purchase.

XBox 360: No Pack In. Grid was first disk and 1942 Joint Strike was first downloaded.

As for Used consoles... I bought most of them as bundles on eBay or something, so there's long lists of first games with most of them. But some notables are...

Master System: Space Harrier and Choplifter

Saturn: Virtua Cop, Daytona USA, and Virtua Fighter 2 (was pack-in bundle with original system, got them with other games in lot), and Darius Gaiden

Dreamcast: Shenmue

Jaguar: Zool 2, Cybermorph

SNES: Super Mario All Stars, Mario Kart, Yoshi's Island, Darius Twin

Nintendo 64: Super Mario 64 (still the only game I have for the system)

Atari 2600:

Combat, Pac-Man, Frogger, Pitfall

Atari 7800:

Pole Position II, Xevious, Robotron, Food Fight

NES:

SMB/DH, Operation Wolf

Game Boy:

Tetris, Super Mario Land, Motocross Maniacs

Lynx:

Blue Lightning, Klax

Genesis:

Altered Beast, Super Monaco GP

Playstation:

Twisted Metal 2, Tekken 2

Playstation 2:

ATV Offroad Fury 2, Backyard Wrestling

Playstation 3:

Netflix

Nintendo

Super Mario/Duck Hunt

Wizards & Warriors

Zelda

GB/GBC

Zelda: Link’s Awakening

SUPER NINTENDO

Doom

N64

Zelda OOT

GAMEBOY ADVANCE

Dragon Ball Z: The Legacy of Goku

GAMECUBE

Zelda: Collector’s Edition

DS

Pokemon Platinum

3DS

Code of Princess

Wii

Wii Sports

XBOX

Halo

XBOX 360

Halo 3

PS1

Final Fantasy VII

PS2

Final Fantasy X

PS3

Heavenly Sword

PSP

Final Fantasy II

ATARI 2600

Frogs & Flies

ATARI 7800

Galaga

ATARI JAGUAR

DOOM

SEGA GENESIS

Raiden Trad

SEGA DREAMCAST

Quake III: Arena

Steam

To the Moon

PC

Wolfenstein 3D

Consedering only machines i bougth NEW and during their commercial life!

Colecovision : Donkey Kong (pack in) + Turbo

C64 : Ghost Buster

IBM PC : Digger

Atari St : Thai Boxing

Dreamcast : Chuchu Rocket (pack in) + Crazy Taxi

Game boy advance SP : Zelda Classic edition. (pack in)

XBOX : Need for speed most wanted (pack in)

WII : Super Mario + Donkey Kong classic + wii sport (all pack in)

For those that mentioned the 'built/pack in' game as the first game they got with their shiny new system, the question remains did you play the pack/built in game more then the games you bought seperate to the system purchase (and subsequent game purchases)

I think i must have skipped the whole built/pack in game thing as I didn't use the atari cassettes they used to bundle with the atari xl and cassette deck pack (i guess i must of only used them once or twice just to see if they worked)

The only packin/built in game i played to any extent was 'Alex Kidd' (the one that was built into the smaller SMS)....nice little game, shame the system conked out on me after a few weeks (couldn't be bothered to exercising my consumer rights and putting in for a free repair, since it was less then a month old)

First games that i actually paid for were 'Arcade classics' and 'Action biker' for the A8, Sonic R for the Saturn, I think it was Bubble Bobble for the Orig. Playstation, Sonic Adventure for the DC and lastly Turrican and some Pool game from team 17 for the Amoeba (can't remember my first game i bought for the ST)

For those that mentioned the 'built/pack in' game as the first game they got with their shiny new system, the question remains did you play the pack/built in game more then the games you bought seperate to the system purchase (and subsequent game purchases)

I'm going to view a "pack in" as a game which came with the console new at retail which I had no choice over.

Atari 2600 = Combat

I played it a bit, but just about any of my other games got more play.

Atari 5200 = Super Breakout

As soon as I got Star Raiders, this game hardly ever got played.

Genesis = Sonic the Hedgehog

Sonic got played quite a bit in the early days. It definitely became a favorite, and was certainly my favorite pack-in title I've ever got. But other games outstripped it over time.

Sega CD = 5 in 1, Sol Feace, Sherlock Holmes, and others

The 5 in 1 and Sol Feace got quite a bit of play. The 5 in 1 got a lot of use since I didn't own the cart of Streets of Rage at that point. Sol-Feace was pretty cool. But they couldn't come close to the play that Silpheed, Dark Wizard, Sonic CD, and Shining Force CD got when I later got those.

3DO = Total Eclipse

It became quickly apparrent that Total Eclipse looked great but played like total ass. There was seldom any reason to pop it into the system. Need for Speed was so good that there was seldom any reason to play anything else on the console.

Wii = Wii Sports

LOL. Bowling was the only thing potentially worth replaying, and even it didn't get played much. Yeah, just about everything got more play. Even Soul Calibur Legends, which I thought was an affront to humanity.

Neo Geo Pocket Color = Whatever the most common 6 pack was when the system was being liquidated.

I can't remember what 6 games came with the system. I know I played a bit of Gals Fighter and Pac-Man. I think Gals Fighter came with the system. I'm pretty sure that Pac-Man was separate. But I played mostly Othello and Pac-Man on this system.

• 4 weeks later...

sadly these are the only ones i remember and they're all mostly pack-in titles:

NES - Super Mario Bros / Duck Hunt

Gameboy - Tetris

Game Gear - Sonic Chaos

Genesis - Sonic 1 (plus a mail-order for a free Sonic 2)

Saturn - Virtua Fighter 2, Daytona USA, VIrtua Cop

Virtual Boy - Mario Tennis

Wii - Wii Sports

Wonderswan Color - Mr Driller

edit: just remembered another one

Entex Adventure Vision - Super Cobra

Edited by bomberpunk

• 2 weeks later...

Odyssey 2: Our first console. Helicopter Rescue / Out of this World was what we bought with the console, along with the pack-in Speedway / Spinout / Crypto-Logic.

Atari 2600: Donkey Kong, Missile Command, and Combat. Me and my Dad played the hell out of Missile Command, and were disappointed in Donkey Kong.

Colecovision: Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Junior, Looping.

Atari 5200: Pac-Man

Commodore 64: Jupiter Lander

Aquarius: Tron Deadly Discs

VIC-20: Raid on Fort Knox, Radar Rat Race

Odyssey 2 (second-hand lot):

Speedway!/Spinout!/Cryptologic!

Thunderball!

UFO!

and a handful of others I don't remember

Intellivision (second-hand lot):

Space Battle

Sea Battle

Triple Action

Donkey Kong

Stampede

Checkers

Frog Bog

Bomb Squad

Space Spartans

Las Vegas Poker & Blackjack

Major League Baseball

and a couple others

Atari 2600 (second-hand lot):

Combat

Breakout

Super Breakout

Warlords

MASH

Space Invaders

Chopper Command

Pac-Man

Atari 5200 (second-hand lot)

Defender

Pac-Man

Berzerk

Centipede

Atari 7800 (second-hand):

Rampage

Colecovision (second-hand):

Star Wars: The Arcade Game...I got it years ago and thought it was a 2600 cartridge, couldn't figure out why it wouldn't fit in my Atari, and I don't know what ever happened to it. Either lost or sold in a rummage sale or something.

NES (new):

Super Mario Bros. 3

TMNTIII: The Manhattan Project

Genesis (new):

Sonic 2

TMNT Tournament Fighters

Game Gear (new):

Streets of Rage 2

Game Boy (new):

Tetris

Super Mario Land

TMNT: Fall Of The Foot Clan

TRS-80 Color Computer (second-hand):

Galactic Attack...I actually had this one cartridge sitting around for close to a decade before I actually got a CoCo.

TI-99/4a (second-hand lot):

TI Invaders

A-Maze-Ing

Playstation (new):

Alien Trilogy

Channel F (second-hand):

Tic-Tac-Toe/Doodle/Quadradoodle/Shooting Gallery

Desert Fox/Shooting Gallery

Video Blackjack

Spitfire

Space War

Math Quiz II

Studio II (second-hand):

Tennis/Squash

Fun With Numbers

Space War

Blackjack

TV Schoolhouse I

TV Schoolhouse II

Most of my other systems came with a bunch of stuff, and I don't remember which I got first. And some things, like SNES, I bought/traded/sold two or three times before I really established a collection for.

6/24/1993 Genesis 1 - Sonic the Hedgehog

6/25/1993 NES 1 - Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt, Duck Hunt, Wizardry, R.C. Pro-Am

12/25/1994 SNES 1 - Super Mario World, The Great Waldo Search

12/25/1997 Game Boy Pocket (red) - Super Mario Land, Super Mario Land 2, The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening

12/25/1998 Nintendo 64 - WCW vs NWO: World Tour, Mario Kart 64

7/?/1998 Atari 2600 Jr. - [Lot of 41 games]

12/25/1999 Playstation - Beyond the Beyond (the rest of the games were borrowed but my stepdad said keep this one because I liked it the most and he quit playing it after getting Alundra)

12/25/2000 Game Gear - Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Sonic Triple Trouble

10/?/2001 Super Mario Bros. Deluxe for Game Boy Color - this was the first time I bought a game for a system I didn't have yet. (Actually I mistakenly thought it might work on Super Game Boy, not knowing Super Game Boy could only run games with partial color, not full. So the game was incompatible)

12/25/2001 Dreamcast - Crazy Taxi, Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX, Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver, Spec Ops II Omega Squad, NBA 2K and a bunch of burned games. (my cousin got a burned Sonic Adventure that I borrowed right away and had my stepdad's dad copy for me)

3/?/2002 Game Boy Advance system only (first system bought with my own money) - (had Super Mario Bros. Deluxe since fall 2001 and couldn't play it without a GBC, but with GBA coming soon I decided to wait for this system to be released. Until summer this was my only game I could play only on my GBA. Purchased Super Mario Advance as my first GBA game after beating Super Mario Bros. Deluxe in late spring or early summer)

9/?/2002 Playstation 2 system only (bought it myself) - (played PS1 on it until December when my stepdad gave me Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance as an early Christmas gift. On Christmas I got Dragon Ball Z: Budokai as my second game.

10/?/2002 Windows XP PC [eMachines] - Diablo, Diablo 2, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2, Sonic 3D Blast (this was the first PC I had that could actually run retail games with full sound and at a good playable speed)

12/25/2002 Sonic Mega Collection for Gamecube - this was the first console game I asked to get on purpose knowing I didn't have the system to play it on yet. I showed my grandma the Nintendo Power explanation of the game and she thought that was a great deal on all those Sonic games with the fact it would give me Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine as a completely new game I didn't have before. I finally bought my indigo Gamecube in March 2003 packed in with Super Smash Bros. Melee.

Traded in my Gamecube for another of the same color just to get the Zelda Collector's Edition bundle.

2003 was the first Christmas without my grandma being conscious so we didn't have anybody giving me large enough amounts of money for a new system. I got the new Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 2 for PS2 which was enough to excite me so I saved some money from both Christmas and my birthday till summer 2004. And I only really cared about 1 game I was missing on the Xbox...:

6/?/2004 Xbox - Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee (my stepdad worked at a pawn shop and his coworker gave me a nice discount at $70)

Then I found Monster Gaming in Burien where I could satisfy my curiosity about systems I missed out on. The true collecting had begun here:

7?/2004 Saturn - Dark Legend (bought the game and system at Game Crazy but it came with the wrong video cord, so I took the system back, kept the game and bought another Saturn at Monster Gaming. I also bought Sonic 3D Blast there)

7/?/2004 Sega CD model 2 - CDX 3-pack discs: Sonic CD, Ecco the Dolphin, Sega Classics 5 in 1

7/?/2004 Sega 32X - GOLF Magazine Presents 36 Great Holes Starring Fred Couples (only cheap 32X game Sam was willing to throw in for free)

7/?/2004 Sega Master System - Double Dragon

7/?/2004 Virtual Boy - Mario Clash, Mario's Tennis

Traded in my Playstation 2 for a Playstation 2 slim

Then I got my high school job working at Des Moines Cinema (a little movie theater)...

4/?/2005 Nintendo DS (sliver) - Super Mario 64 DS

Then in June 2006 I was an idiot after discovering emulation and sold my NES, SNES, Game Boy Pocket, Sega Master System, Genesis, Sega CD, 32X, and Atari 2600 because they appeared to be emulated well enough. I only kept the Game Gear and games because its capacitors died and nobody was going to pay me much of anything for the games. Everything else I felt was too powerful to be emulated well.

December 2006 I had been working at Safeway full time and decided to collect again because I had more money. I got everything I had back over the course of the year plus these in 2007 and 2008:

Winter 2007 - Playstation 3 60GB - Sonic the Hedgehog ['06]

Spring 2007 Wii - Wii Sports (mainly got the system for virtual console at this point and tried out TurboGrafx-16 - Neutopia & Neo Geo - King of Fighters '94 for the first time using that. ) First retail game was Super Mario Galaxy, Dec. 2007.

Summer 2007 PSP 2000 - X-Men Legends II; digital download game - Beats.

Summer 2008 Xbox 360 Elite - Grand Theft Auto 4; Marvel Ultimate Alliance/Forza 2 Motorsport

everything else: For most of these I forget but here's the consoles I bought/rebought. They always came with game lots:

Atari 2600 (4 switch woody, 4 switch woody promo unit, 4 switch vader, 2600 jr.)

Atari 5200 (4 port, 2 port)

Atari 7800

Atari Jaguar

Atari Lynx (models 1 & 2)

Fairchild Channel F (models 1 & 2)

Intellivision (models 1 & 2)

ColecoVision

Vectrex

RCA Studio II

Emerson Arcadia 2001

Bally Professional Arcade

Odyssey 2

Neo Geo AES - Blue's Journey, Magician Lord, NAM-1975

Neo Geo CD

Neo Geo Pocket Color

3DO (Panasonic FZ-1 & FZ-10)

CD-I (Magnavox 450 or 550)

NES (model 1 & 2)

Sega Master System (model 1 & 2)

Genesis (model 1, 2 3 & Nomad)

Sega CD (model 1 & 2)

32X

Game Gear (Sega)

Game Boy (original, rebought my same exact old red Pocket (it was still in the store unsold)

Game Boy Color (lime)

Game Boy Advance SP

Tiger Game.com

PSP 1000

TurboGrafx-16

TurboDuo

Commodore VIC-20

Atari XEGS

FC Twin

So basically over the course of 3 years 2007-2009 I bought a ton of stuff and too many games to count. In the end I had over 1700 games.

End of 2009 I sold off games I didn't actually play but kept all the systems and bought:

Commodore 64 (original & C64C)

June 2011 - Nintendo 3DS

Then grandpa decided to sell the house and I needed to move so I sold many of the systems bought in between 2007-2009 and the Commodore 64 systems.

The system selling continued back up again in Dec 2012 because I wasn't making making enough money for a while. After that big sale and new collecting all I have still are:

Dreamcast I got in 2001

Gamecube from 2003

Xbox I bought in 2004 (had it modded in 2008)

Saturn I bought in 2004 (had it modded in 2012)

Game Boy Advance SP (blue) from 2007

PS3 60 GB from 2007

Wii from 2007

Cd-I from 2007

Sega Nomad from 2007

Game Gear (Sega model) from 2007

Modded PSP 1000 from 2008

Xbox 360 Elite from 2008

NES model 1 from 2009

Windows 7 PC from 2010

3DS (Aqua) from 2011

Modded PS One from 2012

Modded PS2 from 2012

Nintendo 64 from 2012 (sold the original boxed one I had as I knew I'd get more money for that than this heavily used one)

SNES 1 from 2012

Genesis 2 from 2012

Game Gear (Majesco) from 2012

Nintendo DS (red) from 2012; my old DS & cousin's old blue DS died in a cough syrup spill

PSP Go from 2013

NES model 2 from 2013

Playstation (Japanese) from 2013

Playstation (USA) from 2013

Gamecube (black) from 2013

Playstation 2 slim from 2013

SNES 2 from 2013

Game Boy Advance (clear/ice color) from 2013

Game Boy Color (purple & atomic purple from 2013)

So I have a lot back or replaced but I have a long ways to go if I even want to get the rest of the systems back. This time my plan is to keep the collecting slow so I don't ever end up in a financial situation where I have to sell the systems and games again.

So I think my next system will be the PS Vita as it is the cheapest new system I don't have. My planned first game is to be Dungeon Hunter Alliance, but we will see if that comes true. My planned first title for Wii U will be New Super Mario Bros. U. I probably have a long ways before I try and get that.

Edited by TheGameCollector

Hmm, let's see...

Atari 2600: Combat was packed in, plus we got Asteroids, Space Invaders, and Missile Command that same Christmas. Had to have been 1981.

Intellivision: I dunno, probably AD&D. I got my first games for the Inty long before I got a system.

Arcadia 2001: Cat Trax, Tanks A Lot, and several others at once.

Colecovision: Probably Donkey Kong, maybe Zaxxon instead. I had several games by the time I got a system.

Atari 5200: We never actually owned any games for this at first, but we borrowed a few. They included Megamania and Bounty Bob Strikes Back. The first games I actually bought were secondhand. They were Pac-Man and Frogger.

Atari 7800: Too many to mention. The lot included Double Dragon and Rampage with their instructions. It also included many CIB games. All total there were 37 games. Most had instructions and about half were CIB.

NES: SMB 1 and 2, Burai Fighter, Castlevania, Total Recall, Willow, Robocop, Castlequest, Skull & Crossbones, Ghostbusters II, Wizards & Warriors. All this came in a used lot.

Game Boy: I purchased the unit itself in some kind of racing pack which came with Tetris, F-1 Race, and Super RC Pro Am. It also came with the 4 player adapter. I purchased The Punisher as well.

Supervision: Pacific Battle, Eagle Plan, and Crystball.

Game Gear: Sonic 2.

Genesis: Primal Rage and Mortal Kombat II. Both are the 32X carts and were purchased long before I got any Genesis hardware of any kind. It was several years before I finally got my 32X going and could even think about playing these.

3DO: I dunno, probably whatever golf game I could find locally to test the system.

Game Boy Color: Pokemon Silver

Game Boy Advance: Whatever cart I could find to test systems. I think it's some pirate themed game.

Saturn: Gex, Off World Interceptor Extreme, wipEout, Revolution X, Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3, and Worldwide Soccer: Victory Goal Edition. The system came packed with Virtua Fighter 2, Virtua Cop, and Daytona USA.

PlayStation: Again, I didn't actually purchase any games with the system. The first game I got was probably wipEout XL. One of my roommates worked for Blockbuster at the time, so he brought home tons of rental games.

Nintendo 64: San Franciso Rush, Killer Instinct Gold, Shadows of the Empire. As with the 5200 and the PS1, I purchased the games at a later date. I rarely ever used rental games in this thing.

PocketStation: Chocobo World

Dreamcast: Hydro Thunder.

PS2: Gran Turismo 3.

PSP: wipEout purE.

Hyperscan: Interstellar Wrestling League, X-Men, and Ben10.

I definitely missed some in this list. I still have most of these games and systems except for Tanks A Lot (which I'd like to get again), and the Supervision stuff.

ColecoVision: Donkey Kong (pack-in), Smurf

NES: Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt (pack-in), Gauntlet

Lynx: California Games (pack-in), Gauntlet

SNES: Super Mario World (pack-in), Drakhen.

PC: Can't remember.

Now that I'm remembering some more, I think we got Zaxxon and Turbo (with the steering wheel) at the same time as the ColecoVision, so I have to add those.

ColecoVision: Donkey Kong (pack-in), Zaxxon, Turbo (with the wheel), and Smurf.

I think i must have skipped the whole built/pack in game thing as I didn't use the atari cassettes they used to bundle with the atari xl and cassette deck pack (i guess i must of only used them once or twice just to see if they worked)

The only packin/built in game i played to any extent was 'Alex Kidd' (the one that was built into the smaller SMS)....nice little game, shame the system conked out on me after a few weeks (couldn't be bothered to exercising my consumer rights and putting in for a free repair, since it was less then a month old)

First games that i actually paid for were 'Arcade classics' and 'Action biker' for the A8, Sonic R for the Saturn, I think it was Bubble Bobble for the Orig. Playstation, Sonic Adventure for the DC and lastly Turrican and some Pool game from team 17 for the Amoeba (can't remember my first game i bought for the ST)

Pack-in games always got a ton of play in my house. And by a ton, I mean a ton.

I'm only going to do systems that I got new, since I think that was the spirit of the thread. Also, I like how TheGameCollector put in dates, so I'll try to remember about when I got my stuff.

10/87 - NES. I got the "Control Deck" set, which came with two controllers and Super Mario Bros. I got "The Legend of Zelda" at the same time. This was an early Christmas gift from my dad. I think he gave it to me early because he wanted to play it, too.

12/25/89 - Game Boy. Came with Tetris, of course. I added Super Mario Land, Solar Striker, and Bugs Bunny's Crazy Castle. Game Boy was a Christmas gift from my dad. He told me repeatedly to tell him something else that I wanted because I wasn't getting a Game Boy because I already had a Nintendo. So getting the GB on Christmas morning was awesome. We drove a couple of hours each way on Christmas Day to my aunt & uncle's house and I was glued to Tetris in the back seat the whole way. I got the other games for it from my mom and grandma, and from spending Christmas money.

05/31/92 - Sega Genesis. Sonic The Hedgehog was the pack-in game. It was a while before I got anything else. This was a birthday present from my mom (15th birthday), and she drove me to Circuit City to pick it up. My friend had already bought the Genesis a few months prior and was always bringing it to my house to play Sonic and Golden Axe, so it was nice to be able to play Sonic on my own. Still one of my all-time favorite games.

Summer 1997 - Sony Playstation. Sorry I can't be more specific about the date. This was the first console that I bought for myself as an adult with my own job-earned money. Therefore I don't have a frame-of-reference date like b-day or Xmas. It came with a demo disc that I played the crap out of, and I also bought Codename: Tenka at the same time. I bought NHL 97 within maybe a week.

10/26/2000 - Sony Playstation 2. I waited in line for this one at launch. Bought SSX and loved it, but mostly used the console to watch DVDs and play Final Fantasy IX.

04/2001 - Sega Dreamcast. Came bundled with Sega Smash Pack vol. 1. I didn't buy any other games right away.

11/2001 - Game Boy Advance. No bundled game. I bought Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2, which I didn't play much of, and Golden Sun, which I played the crap out of. This was my first Game Boy since my original broke several years prior, so I used the GBA to play a lot of original GB games. As such, I didn't play a whole lot of GBA games on it. This changed with the SP came out.

03/24/2005 - Sony PSP. No bundled game, of course. Bought Lumines with the system, and Hot Shots shortly afterwards.

12/2006 - Xbox 360. I don't think I bought any games with the system, because I signed up for GameFly instead...

12/25/2010 - Nintendo Wii. Christmas present from my wife. It was the red Wii bundle with New Super Mario Bros.

That's it, unless I'm forgetting someone.

As far as I remember:

2600: "32 games in 1" cartridge

NES: Super Mario Bros

Master System: Alex Kidd in Miracle World

Mega Drive: Sonic The Hedgehog 2

Super Famicom: I don't even know the name, since it's in japanese text... its some kind of RPG game based around drag racing

PS1: Jersey Devil

PS2: Crazy Taxi

PS3: Resistance: Fall of Man

Edited by SkullBlade