IGNORED

New in box C64! (Not mine)

thanatos

The price is fair in a global market. Finding someone locally who wants it that bad is the issue. It's a niche market at best. I've never fully understood the "new in box" collector anyway. If it's nib then you have to leave it nib, which means you are just displaying boxes? I can print up fancy posters if I want that. I want cool retro toys to hold.

• Like 1

Why does he assume it's new and never used? Where's the foam? Why isn't it all neat and tidy like it's never been out of the box? I call BS. And even if it is never used, who cares? I have plenty of them just as nice that are used... what's the difference if all the packing stuff is disturbed or missing?

Lots of non-collectors assume a lot of stuff, getting visions of grandeur in their heads about their great find.

If it was NIB, I would say that's a good price, but in that condition, it's high. At least he's not asking a million dollars.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

My experience has been - as long as some schmuck put it in a clear plastic bag and back in the original box, it's "brand new and un-used." Never mind that the cords are all wadded around a filthy power supply. Clear plastic bag wrapped around a used computer makes it brand new, as long as it's in the original box, which itself is likely significantly worn.

A completely working C64 is worth $40-$50 IMO.

As someone else pointed out, BS on that one never being used. No books, paperwork, or styrofoam.

Yeah, in this case, I think the more accurate term would be "untested" and an untested C64 just isn't worth 75 dollars. I think 25 or 30 would be the absolute most.