IGNORED

Was Baseball a Sears exclusive?

Buyatari

Ahh there it is.

The ROM is identical with Sears Baseball ?

Yes. All the Sears releases are identical to their Atari equivalents. The only three unique Sears titles are: Stellar Track, Steeplechase, and Submarine Commander.

Thanks man.

Missed you at CCAG this year.

Yeah I was out of town that weekend.

Was Sears set on only "S" games being exclusives due to that being the first letter in "Sears"?

Never noticed that before. Nope, they got the 'duds' as exclusives. Atari didn't think they were worth releasing, and gave them to Sears.

• Like 1

Let me clarify, I worded my response poorly.

'Dud' is the wrong term. Atari chose not to publish those three games because they didn't think they'd sell well enough (or possibly for some other unknown reason). Also Atari actually didn't 'Give' them to Sears because they didn't want them, Sears had the option to publish any Atari game they wanted and chose to publish these three even though Atari didn't. So they weren't given to Sears to be exclusives, they just turned out that way because Atari chose not to publish them under their label as well.

I prefer the Sears versions. Maybe just because most of my original games came from there. Strangely enough though, my original VCS was bought at Gemco. They must have been running a sale at the time. My parents almost exclusively bought from Sears.

• 2 weeks later...

Let me clarify, I worded my response poorly. 'Dud' is the wrong term.

Fair enough. I agree with High voltage. Stellar Track is actually very good once you take the time to figure out and play and enjoy it. I am familiar with Steeplechase, but I never played it. The Submarine one I never heard of until a couple years ago.

Fair enough. I agree with High voltage. Stellar Track is actually very good once you take the time to figure out and play and enjoy it. I am familiar with Steeplechase, but I never played it. The Submarine one I never heard of until a couple years ago.

Stellar Track is 'alright' if you like that sort of thing. It's kind of strange to me that they even attempted to do it on the 2600 since it was originally a computer game really doesn't work very well on a console. My guess is at that time console gaming was new and I think they were trying to see what worked and what didn't.

Steeplechase is pretty good for an older 2600 game (it's actually a port of an Atari arcade game), I have no idea why Atari didn't release it under their label.

Submarine Commander is also 'alright' for an older game, but not great. It's also better than some of the games Atari did release.