IGNORED

2013 Portland Retro Gaming Expo -- Will You Be There?

I had an OK time last year, but doubt that I'll go back this year. It was 90% gougers charging above-eBay prices for stuff, in my opinion. I found some good deals, but mostly from people that I already knew. Did get an AA shirt though, so that was cool. I had been looking forward to helping Al with the AA booth, but he waived me off when I showed up. Guess I'm too ugly, or something. :P

I had an OK time last year, but doubt that I'll go back this year. It was 90% gougers charging above-eBay prices for stuff, in my opinion. I found some good deals, but mostly from people that I already knew.

90% huh? if that many of our vendors charged above-ebay prices we would not have as many sales as we did! IMO

Rick

That may be a slight exaggeration, but the general idea holds true, in my opinion. People are willing to spend more at a convention, especially when most of those people are 20-somethings who don't know better and for whom classic gaming is just a fad. It isn't a reflection on the quality of the convention, just on the vendors taking advantage of the fact that they're selling their wares in the hipster capital of western civilization.

• Like 1

Just an FYI for those thinking about going from out of town, the first couple of hotels listed on the PGRE site (the two giving a discount for PRGE attendees) are booked for that weekend. I am still going, just am likely to pay more $ than I'd planned for a hotel somewhat near the Expo center. My fault for not getting my reservation in earlier, grr.

I am still going, just am likely to pay more $ than I'd planned for a hotel somewhat near the Expo center.

You could stay at someplace a little farther away if it's close to the light rail system - 1 day passes are $5. I'm arriving early and staying at this Quality Inn the first night because the DoubleTree was booked on Thursday. Estimated total for the night (including all taxes) is $77

Edited by SpiceWare

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be there! Yeah! I had a great time two years ago, but missed last year. Excited to see everyone again and rock to some 8-Bit Weapon.

I reserved a half-booth and will be selling there, too. Mostly rare 2600 stuff, but also a bunch of other misc. things (8-bit, Coleco, vintage clothing, manuals, Game Gear, Atari/C64 game boxes, etc.) Too much to list, so you'll just have to come check it out :)

Joe

I'll be there! Yeah! I had a great time two years ago, but missed last year. Excited to see everyone again and rock to some 8-Bit Weapon.

I reserved a half-booth and will be selling there, too. Mostly rare 2600 stuff, but also a bunch of other misc. things (8-bit, Coleco, vintage clothing, manuals, Game Gear, Atari/C64 game boxes, etc.) Too much to list, so you'll just have to come check it out :)

Joe

Kick ass, look forward to seeing you there! The show last year was great, you're going to be surprised at how large this venue is!

..Al

I am going too.....taking little Wonder007 as well. I will only will be there on Saturday until around 3:30 pm....need to go back to L.A. to catch another flight to Tampa later in the evening. Looking forward to seeing all of you there...... :)