IGNORED

One Sears light sixer got across the pond

CatPix

The more I get involved on AtariAge (on the forums, that's all) the more I get interested in the good old VCS.

Nothing new here, I was interested before, but... The VCS is an old system and never reached in Europe the following / Classic system fame it can get in the USA.

In fact, most retrogamers I know aren't interested, doesn't want to own one and doesn't even dare to try playing some games.

So I was casually collectiong some carts here and there.

And grew more interested in the system, until I decided to make the next step and found an NTSC system.

Well, I don't plan to have all the variations that exist, so I though "hey, why not getting a sixer AND a Sears at the same time?" Because if I have to search and find one, why not picking something that is totally unknown in Europe?

And I did.

3g20y053ag4f9g3xge3km-dsc02638.jpg

Here it is... with the lil bits needed for a good working in SECAM country.

The official VCS AC adapter on top of its European counterpart. I don't know why it's twice as big.

The lil bits on the system is your standard phono to F connector, provided by the seller.

But, oops, Europe use the F connector for satellite only! Thanksfully there is a F connector to Euro RF connector.

I'll later add an AV mod to the system anyway.

And the games I got with it :

2byyf0p11c36101gtsoqg-dsc02639.jpg

Classic, yet as they are old programs, they aren't that common in Europe (remember, the Atari VCS was released in PAL version in 1980). And anyway, I need to feed that baby isn't it?

Even if I can add some more recent releases :

47evu751dptzs447wrisd-princess_sears.jpg

(yeah, quick'n'dirty setting, but I don't have much TVs able to take RF NTSC)

Edited by CatPix
  • Like 1

I totally plan to show it around :D

I can tell you, the wood front impress many people by how gorgeous it it... not only the woodies are uncommon here, but the Atari one really look like something you'll find on a 60's laminated cheap table.

I'll AV- mod it so I can plug it more easily and not have to worry about hoping people have a set compatible with NTSC through RF.