IGNORED

Where to find new Wii controllers without MotionPlus for sale?

I recently purchased a new Wii and learned that most homebrew games will not work with the new MotionPlus controllers.

Is there any reputable place online that sells new 1st gen Wii remotes? If so, would you please recommend some to me?

I purchased some knock-offs from DealExtreme in the past that were great but they are no longer available. :(

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Best regards,

Trem

How did it ever end up where Motion Plus controllers weren't supported? They're fully backwards compatible with no limitations with official software so I find it peculiar reading this thread to discover that wasn't the case with the homebrew scene.

• 2 weeks later...

Many homebrew devs have updated their apps to support MotionPlus controllers, so you might not even have to bother. If you've got GameCube ports, just use those instead.

The new Wii's do not have Gamecube support so that is not an option (the ports are absent).

Here's the weird thing... I have a Red Wii which came with MotionPlus controllers and it works fine with Homebrews. I do the same with the Black version I bought recently and that red controller will work. Now if I try the black motionplus controllers with the Wii they crap out. I'm guessing but I think there must be some sort of difference between the original MotionPlus controllers and the newer versions marked "Wii U". I was able to score some genuine MP-free controllers from a fellow AA member and I'm up and running!

Thanks for the help everyone!