IGNORED

Hive multi-cart - It's alive!

I heard that GB felt so bad about the delay that he was going to throw in free manuals and overlays for all prepaid carts. Three cheers for GB! ;-)

:lol: Let's hope for just enough delay to bring in boxes, too. :P Or is there someone out there ambitious enough to run a few off for us? I've always been curious about the logistics of this sort of thing, but haven't pestered persisted in asking those knowledgeable about such things quite enough to get the actual details. There's a fine line between peristence and annoyance that I'm not good at discerning. Edited by intvsteve

The best way is to accept that complete means Cart only for Groovy releases. To produce high quality boxes like Elektronite, LeftTurnOnly and Intelligentvision is much work and takes money too, I am quite happy that some games came without these stuff for a smaller amount, because if all Groovy games were also 60-70$ releases it would become hard to impossible to buy all games this year for people like me. I am not saying that the other releases are not worth the money, I just want to say that its nice to have "budget" games. I also know that Elektronite is offering budget copies and that is great :thumbsup: But if there is an official box I cant take the budget copy, the collectors inside me wants the complete game.

I am going to create a custom made box for GBs games for myself, I dont know if I am able to do this, but at least I will try it :) I probably try a box which is like the Parker Bros boxes, very stable and easier to make than gatefold or INTV style.

Edited by Ignorama

The best way is to accept that complete means Cart only for Groovy releases. To produce high quality boxes like Elektronite, LeftTurnOnly and Intelligentvision is much work and takes money too, I am quite happy that some games came without these stuff for a smaller amount, because if all Groovy games were also 60-70$ releases it would become hard to impossible to buy all games this year for people like me. I am not saying that the other releases are not worth the money, I just want to say that its nice to have "budget" games. I also know that Elektronite is offering budget copies and that is great :thumbsup: But if there is an official box I cant take the budget copy, the collectors inside me wants the complete game.

I am going to create a custom made box for GBs games for myself, I dont know if I am able to do this, but at least I will try it :) I probably try a box which is like the Parker Bros boxes, very stable and easier to make than gatefold or INTV style.

That's a good idea actually. I know that I used a comic book backing board to make a replacement internals for a Parker Brothers box before. It's sturdy enough and with care, you can "score" it to get good clean folds. With some good quality paper and a color laser printer you may be able to glue on a nice image. That just leaves the actual box. Ideally there would be some sort of pre-made boxes in case you don't want to re-use some actual Parker Brothers boxes.

I am not going to use Parker Boxes, I think there are many boxes in a similar size. Actually I dont know exactly how to do it, but I will ask in several copy shops when its time to stark.

Fortunately I have a friend who is very talented in drawing, maybe she could make me a nice Cover for the box. If she will make it and its good I share this as a scan with you, but faaaaaaar in the future.

I am not going to use Parker Boxes, I think there are many boxes in a similar size. Actually I dont know exactly how to do it, but I will ask in several copy shops when its time to stark.

Fortunately I have a friend who is very talented in drawing, maybe she could make me a nice Cover for the box. If she will make it and its good I share this as a scan with you, but faaaaaaar in the future.

No worries. If you get the art in digital form that would be the best -- if the artist would allow for that, of course!

There isn't a list to be put on at the moment. As soon as I get the urge to test 200+ *.bin files (and fix any issues) the project will get onto the next stage. I've tested quite a few *.bin and *.int files on the fly already but I haven't sat down and created an "official" spreadsheet of everything. The cart's internal CRC database now has a ton of entries and from that list it can identify some of the over dumps and some of the bad dumps too. The cart's CRC database only contains information on *.bin and *.int files for the legacy games, their variants and prototypes. For modern homebrews you'll need to play the *.bin and *.cfg combination or the *.rom version of the game instead.

Creating a box for someone else's game would be too expensive.

They would be similarly priced to the repro boxes Oliver sells. How many boxes do you think would sell? I suspect fewer than 100.

Anyhow, my printer won't do so few boxes.

I think if it worked for Oliver to make the reproduction boxes, it may work for him to make them here. It sure can't hurt me to ask him!

I know I would pay $25. for any box made for Groovies games. It all depends how many real and complete game collectors are out there.

I am sure you know better than anyone, and around 100 is a great guess. by the way, keep up the great work with what you are doing, thanks!

not sure why people want to make a box when they don't even know what the box it's coming in will look like.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/213241-bacon-power/

if you don't want to click the link:

The final version will be CIB (Yep! A BOX!!!!!!! :lolblue:). Its micro SD card will have the following software pre-installed :-

• Rocketeer teaser ROM.
  • Mars Minis teaser ROM.
  • Controller test utility (could also test IntelliVoice, ECS RAM etc.).
  • Firmware test utility.
  • Teaser ROMs of my other games (where available).

The micro SD card will not be supplied with any other software. Its down to the end user what they put on it.

I'll be updating this thread as the project progresses.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...