IGNORED

Hive multi-cart - It's alive!

So IDK what happened and I'd rather not sift through nonsense....I'd just like to say it's exciting to see two multicarts coming soon! Thanks for the links, it will make it easier to decide which one I want and I'm sure the development was very hard work so mega thanks to you guys! I wish I had the time/money to get both but I'm sure there are plenty of Intellivision fans to keep you guys fed.

If I ever find time...I'll do a little review of whichever multicart I get for YouTube..

• Like 2

Hello. I have been waiting for this forever. I am an avid reader of these forums but have never posted until now. Please add me to the list. I want badly to purchase one. Thanks

Welcome to the discussion! Feel free to join in anytime so we don't have to keep listening to our boring selves :grin:

I can't wait for this either. Also awaiting LTO Flash. Maybe we should incite a race challenge....first one to release a multicart gets my money :-D

I'd rather wait for the first working as designed multi-cart to come out...

Actually, I am saving up for both anyway! Take your time and make them right!

What do you mean "working as designed?" I have absolutely no reason to believe that either the LTO Flash! or the HIVE won't work as advertised, or that either will be faulty. Do you?

As far as I can tell, both Joe Z. and GroovyBee are very competent hardware engineers.

dZ.

• Like 2

I'd rather wait for the first working as designed multi-cart to come out...

Actually, I am saving up for both anyway! Take your time and make them right!

Actually, the first "working as designed multicart" came out years ago. It's called the Cuttle Cart 3.

The Hive and the LTO Flash will be the second and third ones.

You could argue the Intellicart was first, but since that was one ROM at a time over serial port, I wouldn't really classify that as a 'multicart'.

Edited by nurmix

Actually, the first "working as designed multicart" came out years ago. It's called the Cuttle Cart 3.

The Hive and the LTO Flash will be the second and third ones.

You could argue the Intellicart was first, but since that was one ROM at a time over serial port, I wouldn't really classify that as a 'multicart'.

i agree the intellicart is not a multi cart. I consider it a programmable cart like the old atari kiosk carts were. I still kick myself for not buying 8 of those programmable atari carts for $.25 each at a thrift store.

"What do you mean "working as designed?" I have absolutely no reason to believe that either the LTO Flash! or the HIVE won't work as advertised, or that either will be faulty. Do you?

As far as I can tell, both Joe Z. and GroovyBee are very competent hardware engineers.

dZ."

I am not questioning either of their skills or commitment to each project.

Sometimes human nature can move up timelines, especially when everyone is asking "when can I get it?"

Add the fact that both products are pretty identical. Not 100% of course, but pretty darn close.

In cases like this, first to market will typically dominate sales. Thus, we all know the race is on.

Working as designed may have been the wrong wording. I know they have a vision of the final product.

I want them both to turn that vision into reality. It is as simple as that!

I plan to buy them both.... So first to market has no impact at all for me!

Hope that clears up what I was saying...

How that could be taken any other way..... Well, that is beyond me. But SH!T gets tense around these parts from time to time :)

I will only buy the LTO flash for my own personal reasons no matter when it comes out.

This is my choice and everyone of course can make there own decision!

Whichever one all of you choose I hope it works out well and you enjoy it! They should both be super. Wolfy

I will only buy the LTO flash for my own personal reasons no matter when it comes out.

This is my choice and everyone of course can make there own decision!

Whichever one all of you choose I hope it works out well and you enjoy it! They should both be super. Wolfy

So, you are not interested in this product, yet you're commenting on a thread announcing it and providing progress reports. Weird.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Are there any microsd carts available for sale? Or some other kind of cart I can put a bunch of ROMs onto like "HIVE". Reading thru this thread is too damn confusing. Thanks!

There are two on the horizon (HIVE and LTO Flash). Neither have release dates or preorders. Hopefully they release sometime in 2015. Watch the corresponding threads for announcements.

Are there any microsd carts available for sale? Or some other kind of cart I can put a bunch of ROMs onto like "HIVE". Reading thru this thread is too damn confusing. Thanks!

HIVE is microSD-based. LTO Flash! is a USB-plugged cart to load ROMs. I gotta think both will be here "soon", which sounds like it might be in the next few (1-4) months. You'll see a LOT of announcements when they arrive.

• 1 month later...