IGNORED

Hive multi-cart - It's alive!

This reminds me that I can only remember things till 2 years ago, effectively I had forgotten that I saw the pictures! :lol:

With these good looking PCB how is that you aren't throwing them to the hungry masses? :) or at least the 20 PCB offering to ultra-interested people?

• Like 2

hello everybody I'm new to this forum is work still being done on this project or is this a dead topic

i think the work you guys do is awesome and hope to be able to get one of these someday :grin:

I believe this project is still active, although there has been a significant delay.

Contact Joe Zbiciak directly. Contact and order information at http://ltoflash.leftturnonly.info/ .

I purchased an LTO Flash directly from Joe recently. He put together a really professional package.

It's not SD based, but honestly, I got tired of waiting for the Hive and the Flash does the same thing and is available NOW.

For some reason, he doesn't accept PayPal, so it can take a little longer to get the thing, but you'll be happy when you do.

SD is really unnecessary, the romset is tiny. The lure of the Hive is that it will play a selection of games only it can, which I think were supposed to be included with the cart, whenever it comes. I support nearly all of these projects so I'll buy one, but it's probably lost a good deal of steam by falling off the map.

One positive feature of the hive is that it needs no software on the PC side and menus are automatically built according to the folder structure. Simple and OS compatibility is not an issue.

I was thinking using an SD card is a plus if ever the flash memory fails it can be easily replaced. Not sure if flash memory failing is something to be concerned about or not.

Each device has some program acceleration feature which are incompatible with each other. It might affect some new games. Many people won't care either way.

• Like 1

I purchased an LTO Flash directly from Joe recently. He put together a really professional package.

It's not SD based, but honestly, I got tired of waiting for the Hive and the Flash does the same thing and is available NOW.

For some reason, he doesn't accept PayPal, so it can take a little longer to get the thing, but you'll be happy when you do.

I tried to buy the LTO FLASH but I gave up. Paypal is not accept. Level Up and Retrogameshop do not shipping to Brazil.

I not found way to send money order to JZ from Brazil. I sent an email to Jz questioning about a bank account but is was not possible. :_( :_( :_( :_( :_(

No problem, I'll find some way or I wait HIVE!

PayPal will freeze your account if you are caught selling any type of multi-cart through them. To them it falls into the piracy category. Joe does not want to take that chance. This is why he does not accept PayPal.

Western Union might be an option if it is available in Brazil!

The SD format is so much better than flash memory since there are no special computer programs you have to get working and then learn the interface.

I have a Cuttle Cart 3 which has an SD card. It is a pain in the rear opening it up to put a game on the thing. I much prefer simply sending games to the cart on USB through a dead simple interface. Your mileage may vary.

PayPal will freeze your account if you are caught selling any type of multi-cart through them. To them it falls into the piracy category. Joe does not want to take that chance. This is why he does not accept PayPal.

Western Union might be an option if it is available in Brazil!

Yet his distributors accept PayPal without problems.