IGNORED

Hive multi-cart - It's alive!

I have a Cuttle Cart 3 which has an SD card. It is a pain in the rear opening it up to put a game on the thing. I much prefer simply sending games to the cart on USB through a dead simple interface. Your mileage may vary.

That's probably because of the contrive way in which you have to create menus and all that. I have no problem with putting games in the Cuttle Cart 3 SD card, I just plug in the Micro-SD card on my Mac, drag and drop, and done. Creating the menus or using that freaky arcane UI to manage it, is the problem.

Presumably, the Hive won't have those issues because it builds the menus from the folder structure, and accepts long names for each ROM. At least that's what has been described so far.

-dZ.

That's probably because of the contrive way in which you have to create menus and all that. I have no problem with putting games in the Cuttle Cart 3 SD card, I just plug in the Micro-SD card on my Mac, drag and drop, and done. Creating the menus or using that freaky arcane UI to manage it, is the problem.

Presumably, the Hive won't have those issues because it builds the menus from the folder structure, and accepts long names for each ROM. At least that's what has been described so far.

-dZ.

I didn't mention the messed up menus on the CC3. (Which IS an issue) I was just referring to physically having to open up the cartridge. I find USB to be much more convenient.

I didn't mention the messed up menus on the CC3. (Which IS an issue) I was just referring to physically having to open up the cartridge. I find USB to be much more convenient.

Gotcha. I would imagine that the Hive will have an SD Card port on the cartridge itself, rather than having to open up the shell and hunt it down like you have to do with the CC3, which I admit is pretty inconvenient.

USB is OK, but I really prefer not having to use the clunky UI (sorry, I've seen the Mac version and it is kind of clunky, plus too many "clever features" for me when all I would want is to put the ROMs in and have it sort them).

-dZ.

I have a Cuttle Cart 3 which has an SD card. It is a pain in the rear opening it up to put a game on the thing. I much prefer simply sending games to the cart on USB through a dead simple interface. Your mileage may vary.

A quick look through the first couple of posts in the flash multi-cart thread on AA :-

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/127752-flashcart-and-multicart-list-all-systems/

Shows that SD card solutions are the most popular style of multi-cart for retro systems.

PayPal will freeze your account if you are caught selling any type of multi-cart through them. To them it falls into the piracy category. Joe does not want to take that chance. This is why he does not accept PayPal.

Western Union might be an option if it is available in Brazil!

Western Union do not send money to P.O BOX. The seller needs to get the money in one of "collection points" near to his residence. I did not like this solution. :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Western Union do not send money to P.O BOX. The seller needs to get the money in one of "collection points" near to his residence. I did not like this solution. :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Email Joe regarding a proper address. I think he has a house now. He's still extremely busy at work, so please be patient. I'm sure he'll help you get one with Western Union.

• Like 1

Too bad there's not.

I'd prefer the Hive. An SD card is a clear advantage.

But I wish there was a light at the end of the tunnel.

I'm tempted to opt for the LTO Flash - being that it actually exists now.

I will be getting one of the Hive carts when they do become available but I also highly recommend the LTO Flash. It's freaking awesome to be able to play all the games and so many homebrews plus all the cool IntyBasic stuff that so many people keep making. Also nice to test your own IntyBasic stuff on real hardware. I also really like that the LTO Flash software supports my old Intellicart so it is doubly awesome.

Since I am posting, I might as well chime in on the Paypal stuff too. I don't blame anyone for not accepting Paypal and risking their account but I think considering the LTO Flash drive a multi-cart is wrong. It contains no games and contains no software that is illegal or stolen (that I am aware of). It is essentially no different (IMO) than a thumb drive and Paypal has no problem with Thumb drives or other memory cards. It's true that it is possible for someone to obtain software illegally and use the LTO Flash drive to play it on a real intellivision. But it is also possible to buy a Windows PC or MAC and use it to watch illegally obtained movies and even, play illegally obtained Intellivision Roms in an emulator. If Paypal considers any device with a memory card a Multi-cart they will have some serious problems. (I am not a lawyer, but I have stayed at a Holiday Express. BTW, the free Breakfast is not as good as the TV commercials make it seem.)

• 2 weeks later...