IGNORED

Hive multi-cart - It's alive!

I like the simplicity of adding roms and folders. So easy anyone can figure it out. Software is what messed up a lot of people trying to use their cuttle carts.

The CC3 software is not intuitive to use at all. When I used to develop my games on CC3, the menu software typically got used once in order to add a very simple version of the game to my development microSD. After that, I used a batch file to copy the ROM directly into place to try out new versions. I still use the batch file method for testing on Hive and I really don't miss the CC3 software at all :lol:.

The CC3 software is not intuitive to use at all. When I used to develop my games on CC3, the menu software typically got used once in order to add a very simple version of the game to my development microSD. After that, I used a batch file to copy the ROM directly into place to try out new versions. I still use the batch file method for testing on Hive and I really don't miss the CC3 software at all :lol:.

I do something similar: I used the software to add a ROM during development once, and then just drag-and-drop new versions of the ROM into the mounted MicroSD card as I needed. I try to avoid that software like the plague! :lol:

-dZ.

I do something similar: I used the software to add a ROM during development once, and then just drag-and-drop new versions of the ROM into the mounted MicroSD card as I needed. I try to avoid that software like the plague! :lol:

-dZ.

hopefully other programmers do that too. Its what i did testing roms before actually setting one up. I hate the software.

hopefully other programmers do that too. Its what i did testing roms before actually setting one up. I hate the software.

Same, I have a borrowed CC3 that I have been using, I add to the menu once, then just replace the rom. I also look forward to losing the 8.3 filenames.

Is the programmer documentation for the hardware features coming after the board is released or before?

As I mentioned earlier in the thread I'll be doing an IntyBASIC support package and developers can use that as they see fit.

Yes, I saw that, my question is when will we see the support package, packaged with the delivered board or sometime after the board is out?

Yes, I saw that, my question is when will we see the support package, packaged with the delivered board or sometime after the board is out?

Given that the support package is only of use to programmers it doesn't make any sense to ship it with the cart (containing the board :P). I'll need to have a discussion with nanochess about incorporating Hive/Bee3 functionality into IntyBASIC. There is no date or time scale on doing that yet.

• Like 1

Will this make the Intellivision the earliest (non-computer) game console to have game saving?

Way back in 1983, with World Series Major League Baseball and the ECS attached to your Intellivision, you could save and load your games, as well as player roster/lineups to/from cassette.

I know you said non-computer, but since we're still talking Intellivision console, and the ECS is just barely a computer (ha ha) I think this makes the Intellivision the first without a doubt.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to the generosity of IntellivisionRevolution, Copter Command will be coming to the deluxe version of Hive.

A quick recap:

• 7 full and DRM free homebrew games :-
    • Rocketeer
    • Next Street
    • CollectorVision's "Sydney Hunter & The Shrines of Peril"
    • IntellivisionRevolution's "Copter Comand"
    • +3 games (not programmed by me - more details soon)
  • Music demos by Der Luchs and Mystery Musician
  • A graphics demo by nonner242
  • Demos of other games and some utilities :-
    • Pop-Tart
  • Like 8

Way back in 1983, with World Series Major League Baseball and the ECS attached to your Intellivision, you could save and load your games, as well as player roster/lineups to/from cassette.

I know you said non-computer, but since we're still talking Intellivision console, and the ECS is just barely a computer (ha ha) I think this makes the Intellivision the first without a doubt.

Great post, nurmix.

Thanks to the generosity of IntellivisionRevolution, Copter Command will be coming to the deluxe version of Hive.

A quick recap:

• Rocketeer
    • Next Street
    • Pop-Tart

Feel free to add my BDSM Keith/Eric demo as well :D

A quick recap:

• Rocketeer
    • Next Street
    • Pop-Tart

Chopper Command is one of the few games that is better on the Atari VCS unless it has improved from the video I saw of it on the official page where they sell the Intellivision version. The Intellivision version looks more blocky and the sound is much better on the Atari VCS. I would not pat 55 bucks for it, maybe 15 for the ROM only version just to have another game for my Intellivision that is still a neat game I am not saying that Chopper Command on Intellivision is crap, just not as good as the Atari VCS version for graphics and sound.

Edited by daldude

Chopper Command is one of the few games that is better on the Atari VCS unless it has improved from the video I saw of it on the official page where they sell the Intellivision version. The Intellivision version looks more blocky and the sound is much better on the Atari VCS. I would not pat 55 bucks for it, maybe 15 for the ROM only version just to have another game for my Intellivision that is still a neat game I am not saying that Chopper Command on Intellivision is crap, just not as good as the Atari VCS version for graphics and sound.

Yes, it is a little more blocky, and you don't have the nice Rainbow sunset effect, but it is a very fun game that has a more to it than a straight port. There is a sense of progression because the convoys and backgrounds change in Remix mode. There is an Invincibility mode for younger kids. If you buy GroovyBee's multicart, then you'll get it for free, not 15 bucks. As for the 55 bucks, you get a professional level release, Rev puts a lot of extras in the box, not just a cart and manual.

Yes, it is a little more blocky, and you don't have the nice Rainbow sunset effect, but it is a very fun game that has a more to it than a straight port. There is a sense of progression because the convoys and backgrounds change in Remix mode. There is an Invincibility mode for younger kids. If you buy GroovyBee's multicart, then you'll get it for free, not 15 bucks. As for the 55 bucks, you get a professional level release, Rev puts a lot of extras in the box, not just a cart and manual.

But I don't want the Multicart, I want the LTO Flash Cart that is much more advanced, why can't they sell Chopper Command in ROM format for a reduced price after making back the costs to produce the carts and get a little extra profit to boot? They would definitely make a larger profit on selling ROMS since a file does not coast anything. I just want to play the game not collect a box or game manual or poster or overlays, well maybe overlays so I know what each button does but after awhile I'm sure I would remember what each button does after all what could there be but a fire button and maybe a smart bomb button which would be the side buttons and possible one of the keypad buttons could toggle auto fire