IGNORED

CMart's Original 125 Checklist

Okay why include all those arguable "expansion system" games but not slow and fast steering armor battle? those have changes to the physical ROM? is that really any different from world class track meet vs stadium events on the NES? What about the math fun rom variation? that is definately affecting game play.

Depends on what you collect. Differently named games tend to .. well show up in lists as different names. Even if they're basically the same game. Look at the 2600 scene - do you include Sears clones as unique titles, or not? Even though they're generally the exact same game? Depends on the collector.

One thing about INTV that irritates me is how many ROM variants exist that are impossible to determine without a dump (or playing the game in many cases). So what do you do? Put a sticker on the cart to identify it? Keep it in a labelled bag? And I won't even get into the Lock n Chase 8k unicorn. I've play-tested dozens upon dozens of Lock n Chase carts over the years and even the newest INTV Corp release doesn't seem to be the mythical 8k version.

But... expansion system games are unarguably *different games*. So I don't see the comparison. Your question is still valid though. I guess the answer is that a) most people don't care about these things and b) it's impossible to distinguish them. However - variants are why the 125 list is actually closer to 500, once you include ROM and packaging variations. Some collect to the former, some collect to the latter. Just an individual choice.

There will never be a definite list for any system. This is cmarts list, if you want to make one for yourself that's fine.

Some collect the Sears releases, some not. Some want the Mattel release, others the Intellivision Inc. Some collect homebrews, others not. Some collect international releases, others not.

I collect all the European releases but not the Digiplay or Bandai. Others spend $100 for a Digiplay release but don't care about the European releases.

Collect what you want and stop taking such a list too serious.

The short answer behind the 125 is that it includes unique titles released from inception (Mattel) through the next few eras (Intellivision Inc & INTV Corp) and includes 3rd party releases (Activision, Imagic, Parker Bros, Colleco, Sega, etc).

ECS games were included because they were produced by Mattel for the Intellivision and are meant to utilize new hardware in addition to (not in place of) the original consoles.

Releases by Sears, Intellivision Inc, CBS, Digiplay, Bandai, etc are not included because they never included any unique new titles. Same for ROM variants; it's the same title, just slightly upgraded.

Tutankham and Super Cobra were included because, despite not being released in the USA, they fit in well with the other Parker Brothers games and are compatible with the original hardware. Plus, there are only two of them and most Intellivision collectors couldn't imagine calling a collection 'complete' without these two great games. Off the top of my head I can't think of any other unique games released outside of the US.

Homebrews would theoretically be included since they are essentially new and/or previously unreleased titles produced by modern 3rd party entities, but there was such a long gap since the last round of releases that we decided to just start a new list.

Edited by JasonlikesINTV

Europe. Not sure which countries.

Thanks :) I'm always on the prowl for anything that came out in Canada but not the US (ie: Zellers 2600), or at least more common up here. There's not much we have an edge on when it comes to consumer products and certainly not in this business. But now I know something to get my Euro buds to keep an eye out for!

Trivia: The Digital Press Collector's Guide (2003 or so) also came up with 125 unique titles for a complete set like cmart did. I *think* Sean Kelly did the Intellivision section back then - have to verify this when at home. Unfortunately Joe Santulli never cared for number 8 since then but number 7 is still THE bible for all 8-bit stuff. I rarely come across something that isn't listed there.

Yep I'm pretty sure it was Sean that did the Inty section. My DP guide is nicely dog eared as well, that was certainly a great resource for starting my addiction. The bottom line here is the 125 is the number of unique commercially released games during the original run of the Intellivision.

• Like 1

Trivia: The Digital Press Collector's Guide (2003 or so) also came up with 125 unique titles for a complete set like cmart did. I *think* Sean Kelly did the Intellivision section back then - have to verify this when at home. Unfortunately Joe Santulli never cared for number 8 since then but number 7 is still THE bible for all 8-bit stuff. I rarely come across something that isn't listed there.

I would say that the Blue Sky Rangers had this number first on their website back in the late 90s.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This doesn't happen to me very often these days, but I upgraded one of my core 125 game boxes today :) Actually, 3 games! Got some really nice CIB upgrades for MLB, NASL Soccer, and NHL Hockey (NHL was the main one that needed it). I suppose I was never in much of a hurry to upgrade sports titles. Now it's time to find the next worst in my collection and get back to the hunt :)

• Like 1

This doesn't happen to me very often these days, but I upgraded one of my core 125 game boxes today :) Actually, 3 games! Got some really nice CIB upgrades for MLB, NASL Soccer, and NHL Hockey (NHL was the main one that needed it). I suppose I was never in much of a hurry to upgrade sports titles. Now it's time to find the next worst in my collection and get back to the hunt :)

Excellent! Always fun to do that.

• 3 months later...

What do you think about upgrading this check list with prices? I think it would be very helpful for new collectors and very interessting for experienced collectors as well to see how much your collection would cost today.

Of course prices do change from time to time, so this is never a final price list, but if we do this once a year we do have actual prices and can watch how the prices fall or raise. At least I think its pretty interessting.

Edit: To give an example for a extreme change: Worm Whomper was used to be a 80-110$ title 2 years ago. If you got it below that it was a nice price, even in auctions. Today you dont really have to pay much more than 50$.

Edited by Ignorama

I still need (for the 125):

Spiker (need everything)

Stadium Mud Buggies (need box and manual - I have repros of both)

LF2 (need box and manual - I have repros of both)

Super Cobra (I'm only missing the manual)

So technically I'm 124 Silver Member :)

Edited by JasonlikesINTV