IGNORED

CMart's Original 125 Checklist

The Original 125 is not open for debate. This is a list of the 125 separate releases that came out during the Intellivision's commercial run back in the day, as comfirmed by the BSR website. As you were..... :) Seriously though, leave this shit alone. Lol!

• Like 7

The Original 125 is not open for debate. This is a list of the 125 separate releases that came out during the Intellivision's commercial run back in the day, as comfirmed by the BSR website. As you were..... :) Seriously though, leave this shit alone. Lol!

That's the thing, all the releases made while the Intellivision was in production can be considered traditionally "official" releases. We shouldn't mess with that. That's a collection that most people in the retro-gaming community strive for, since it is the stuff of their childhood.

After that, we have home-brews and re-releases, which do not appeal to everybody, and the rules for that can be more stringent. Especially in the face of money-grabbing re-releases of variants or box alterations or bug fixes.

-dZ.

• Like 3

You know, now that I think about it, maybe Pac-man should be counted twice. I can't imagine having the 125 126 without both versions :evil:

You bang on about that Jason,it was released as when the intellivision had its commercial run as C Mart has mentioned.

It's an Original release back in the day wasn't it.

I have thought that since I first seen this list.

Why it wasn't included.

The list is suppose to help people identify all the different games for Intellivision. Some people would not want to buy Pacman twice. A variations list is also helpfull, otherwise people might be wondering what Big League Baseball is or if Sears Football is different than NFL Football.

You are all forgetting the most important reason why the number should remain 125.

You see, 5 is a prime number and so is the number 3. Since the prime numbers 5 and 3 only differ by a value of 2, together they are what are called twin primes and in fact are the first such twin primes. Further, 5 is the 3rd prime that exists in the sequence of prime numbers. When you put them together, 5 raised to the 3rd power, which is written as 5^3, which equals 5*5*5 (side note: 555 is an angelic number in numerology) and 5*5*5 equals... 125.

• Like 1

If anyone wanted both Pac-Mans they would already be in deep enough to know of this cray collection stuff...LOL

The list is suppose to help people identify all the different games for Intellivision. Some people would not want to buy Pacman twice. A variations list is also helpfull, otherwise people might be wondering what Big League Baseball is or if Sears Football is different than NFL Football.

If anyone wanted both Pac-Mans they would already be in deep enough to know of this cray collection stuff...LOL

Right, that's why any list should be clear about re-releases. Just like the list on intellivisionlives.com explains that Triple Challenge is three previously released games, and 'Big League Baseball' and 'Baseball' is the same as Major League Baseball.

I don't think Cmart is allowed to change the title of this topic after three years since he started it, so it's 125 (hehe)

but I confess I'm tempted, like Jason, to count Pac-Man twice...

I will not be changing this topic thread title either. 125 is a sacred number. :) As for Intv Corp Pac Man I consider it to be the same as Big League Baseball, Super Series Baseball, Math Fun, etc. (ie. Variations that I must collect, but not part of the 125). YMMV

It's just odd that one could have a complete 125, yet either an incomplete Atarisoft or INTV Corp subset.

It's also possible to have a complete 125 and an incomplete Mattel Electronics subset. I have a white label Treasure of Tarmin but I'd rather have the Mattel Electronics version. Sears variants can also substitute for the Mattel versions.