IGNORED

CMart's Original 125 Checklist

I just completed two made in Taiwan Poker & Blackjacks with the funky non-tray cart retention gatefold boxes. I happened into 2 decent condition boxes but finding the made in Taiwan carts and manuals is harder than you'd think. The overlays are easy since they are the version with the orange arrows and text and were US made. I don't think they are rare at all but it was cool to bring these parts back together to make 2 CIB games with all the exact pieces.

I have this one:

It's the 0720, must be the Canadian bilingual one. I'm guessing the 8920 is french only and older. Since these games were pack-ins, french instructions were required by law in Québec, and needed to sell Intellivision consoles there. Some Bilingual intellivisions didnt have them. Did they slip through in Québec or did they somehow know how to distribute them. Edited by mr_me

• 1 year later...

Doh! If only I paid attention to this pinned thread a couple weeks ago.....my bad......oh well, I will now go punish myself and go play some crazy eights on Royal Dealer....

Lol. Well I created it as a resource for those interested in collecting for the Inty. :)

• 2 weeks later...

So...

Do we have a master list that includes variations? Sears-branded, sports titles with league branding removed, INTV re-releases, etc? :-D

I mean, 125 is great and all, but if you truly wanted "one of each" release, how many would you have to go up to? (Not counting simple printing/packaging variations like with-plastic-tray vs. without, nor even foreign-language variations, I'm talking English/American variations that are evident to a lay person seeing multiple boxes sitting on a table from 10 feet away.) I'd say the original baseball has four: "Major League Baseball" "Baseball" "Big League Baseball" and "Sears Super Video Arcade Baseball".

(Pot: Stirred)

So...

Do we have a master list that includes variations? Sears-branded, sports titles with league branding removed, INTV re-releases, etc? :-D

I mean, 125 is great and all, but if you truly wanted "one of each" release, how many would you have to go up to? (Not counting simple printing/packaging variations like with-plastic-tray vs. without, nor even foreign-language variations, I'm talking English/American variations that are evident to a lay person seeing multiple boxes sitting on a table from 10 feet away.) I'd say the original baseball has four: "Major League Baseball" "Baseball" "Big League Baseball" and "Sears Super Video Arcade Baseball".

I have often thought of creating this and much of it could be put together from Intyfunhouse. For me personally, with language variations, I am well over 500.

So...

Agreeing on things that count as things isn't this community's strong suit. Your criteria are pretty specific, yet general...if that makes sense. Some people care about titles only, some packaging, some ROM variations, some only major variations, some only minor, some just want everything. We've largely broken things up into subcategories that may or not be worthwhile to the next person. There's no master list, but INTVFunhouse is a decent start. Fortunately, there is one thing we can all agree on - the Original 125 124 126 125 :D Edited by JasonlikesINTV
  • Like 5

So...

"Baseball" by Mattel Electronics was only available outside North America and would be in the Mattel international/foreign market list. Yes, for collectors, there should be a Sears list, a Canadian list, Action network list, Space network list, Mattel International list, rom variant list, ECS list, Keyboard Component list, NFR list, Digiplay list, Intellivision Inc / INTV Corp list, Atarisoft list, CBS list, Coleco list, etc... For gamers they just need 124 or less cartridges. Edited by mr_me
  • Like 1

There are rom file collectors. That list would mirror the 125 cartridge list plus rom variants that were on cartridge and not on cartridge, plus prototypes, contest versions, debugging versions, plus unfinished cartridges, and rom files at various stages of development. It would be a good list as well. Just like real cartridges a gamer wouldn't need the rom file to Triple Challenge.

Edited by mr_me

There are a lot of variants. This is especially true for that common Mattel games. Generally, there are fewer variants for the rare games and the non-Mattel games.

I don't know of a 100% complete list of all variants, but this site has many of the variations listed for boxes, overlays, cartridge labels, manuals, inserts, etc.

http://www.intvfunhouse.com/games/

This should give you an idea of what types of variations are out there so you can define what a complete collection means for you.

(...) Generally, there are fewer variants for the rare games and the non-Mattel games.

(...)

generally, you are right.

Some exceptions: there are not less than eight different Beauty & the Beast manuals and not less than thirteen different Donkey Kong boxes :o and I'm not counting the Brazilian pirate releases....

• Like 1

When it comes to baseball, is the UK edition (and likely in other English language markets outside NA) different than the other International Editions where the instructions were slotted in the back of the box? Where licensing was not an issue did the UK, Australia, South Africa etc. not get the exact same cartridge package as the NA edition? Another example is Checkers or Draughts in the UK; also different than the international edition of Checkers. Separate lists of each foreign language of Mattel cartridges would be nice as well; differences just being the instructions slotted in the back. So the UK editions could be a different list.

Edit:

Nope. According to intvfunhouse UK Baseball was the same as other Mattel international editions with the instructions slotted in the back. So the UK list could be short ie. Draughts/Checkers; anything else?

Edited by mr_me

(...) According to intvfunhouse UK Baseball was the same as other Mattel international editions with the instructions slotted in the back. So the UK list could be short ie. Draughts/Checkers; anything else?

what about this Soccer (not shown on intvfunhouse)? eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2505491035741?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=250549103574&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

It's without NASL, it has three lines on the bottom of the front box, it's in the UK, it's Mattel.

Hence it's not for NA (the US and CA editions have NASL), it's not International (the IEs have a different text in the bottom of the front box, like this: eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2324210217411?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=232421021741&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]), it's not Intellivision Inc.

I guess it's an UK edition but I don't have a copy, therefore I'm only speculating

EDIT: yes, I can confirm it's UK edition, different from the International with or without slots: in an additional picture of the box it shows the code -810 (http://vi.vipr.ebaydesc.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemDescV4&item=250549103574&t=1336742722000&tid=310&category=139973&seller=retrogamesno1&vipguid=0cd076e315c0aa4821668e89ffd8162c&excTrk=1&tto=3500&lsite=3&ittenable=true&domain=ebay.it&descgauge=1&cspheader=1&oneClk=1&secureDesc=0)

Steve, please take note of it for your TODO folder ;)

Edited by intellivotion
  • Like 1