IGNORED

CMart's Original 125 Checklist

Like in History, Science, life ext . What once was thought to be may not be(like 125 ;) ) , changes through discussions , discoveries , knowledge ,is how we came this far.. To Close the Door and say this is how it is and was..

Does not really bring a closure to anything. Maybe another thread with the title of whatever is thought to be (add number here) can be pinned and that becomes the standard.

This can go on forever because really there is no governing elected body, guild or what ever you want to call it. Its all about personal beliefs of what it should be...

Well there you go.. Discuss

Tear Down The Wall

Cheers :)

I'd have to say the number is 125 even with the Pac Man variation. Otherwise, the CBS versions of the Coleco releases would have to count as separate games as well. They're really just a packaging variant. The debate, whether serious or not, about the different versions of baseball doesn't work as there are major changes between each iteration of the base game and World Series MLB is completely different.

I think there is some room for discussion about the total homebrew list but the canonical 125 is locked at that number forever.

• Like 1

There was a new Intellivision release called Black Belt Battle, so should the number be 126?

http://www.intellivisionlives.com/media/newsletters/news030715.html

And Keith describes the Auto Racing game as being different, too, so is that 127 or a variant?

Sorry no, that certainly does not count it is on a handheld game, not on a cartridge, no box or real instructions produced and in a plastic casing.

Never has that game been considered anywhere, or an alternate to Auto Racing.

And bein produced in 2003, how could that possibly even be considered for the original 125?

If it is anything new and included on a list, throw it to the recently diluted Homebrew category! :thumbsup:

Edited by wolfy62
  • Like 1

Might be talking out of my ass here, but I wanna say they were available via mail order at the same time.

That is close, for whatever reason as I remember it, they were both available in the same catalog, though Spiker! was reportedly programmed last and obviously produced in smaller numbers.

I will certainly investigate this.......Detective Wolfy, going undercover! :thumbsup:

Ok, after some minor research I found that the last two games were released simultaneously in late 1989. Why Spiker! is harder to find than Mud Buggies, I have no answer for that.

Edited by wolfy62

That is close, for whatever reason as I remember it, they were both available in the same catalog, though Spiker! was reportedly programmed last and obviously produced in smaller numbers.

I will certainly investigate this.......Detective Wolfy, going undercover! :thumbsup:

Ok, after some minor research I found that the last two games were released simultaneously in late 1989. Why Spiker! is harder to find than Mud Buggies, I have no answer for that.

I suspect it just didn't sell as well as Mud Buggies as volleyball likely wasn't super popular as far as a video game option. My 2 cents.

• Like 1

I seem to remember Keith Robinson saying about 5000 each of Spikers and Stadium Mud Buggies were manufactured. As Cmart suggested perhaps the Spikers didnt sell as well and the unsold copies got trashed or lossed. I also remember at one time SMB was considered more valuable than spiker. At other times werent Fathom or Congo Bongo considered most valuable. Spiker seemed to come up from behind in the value chart.

INTV had a physical store. Maybe someone remembers if either Spiker or SMB showed up for sale before the other. And the other being the last Intellivision cartridge released.

the CBS versions of the Coleco releases

International Version release's

French Canadian Versions

Digipaly

They are all Variants of what ever the number is 124,125,126-They were original released in there certain geographical area and as was said should not be counted (in my opinion) in the final Count. But may be used as part of the 124,125,126.(in my opinion) but to say they need to be counted like Atari/Intv pac-man release's are like comparing apples to orange's..

I suspect it just didn't sell as well as Mud Buggies as volleyball likely wasn't super popular as far as a video game option. My 2 cents.

Great call C-mart! and, in early 1990, Intv Corp. released Monster Truck Rally for the NES(nintendo) so it and Mud Buggies had exposure on a couple platforms. I purchased Monster Truck Rally years ago as it is connected to Intellivision History,nice to have that one CIB for me.

Yes, I am sure most kids now and then would rather have a cool Stadium Truck game than play a video Volleyball game.I know I would! :)

Edited by wolfy62

So Black Belt Battle. I forgot about that. Hmmmmm - have to dig out a handheld....

There was a new Intellivision release called Black Belt Battle, so should the number be 126?

http://www.intellivisionlives.com/media/newsletters/news030715.html

And Keith describes the Auto Racing game as being different, too, so is that 127 or a variant?

• 1 month later...

I read the goal for 2017 to get a "top 10 rare game" and I am curious: What is the top 10 of most rare games? I am NOT talking about variations, just games in any version.

What would you think?

My guess is Learning Fun I and II, Spiker, Congo Bongo, Stadium Mud Buggies are fix, but then? I do not very often see games like Body Slam. And what do you think about Tutankham or Super Cobra?