IGNORED

Raciscm?

Thomas Jentzsch

I think it's really sad how little humour most people have.

I always think about that thing ages ago when some cartoonist drew Mohammad (or however you spell it) and the religious people were in an uproar.

The people that criticize the AVGN or this Atari Poop guy, REALLY get their panties in a bunch because someone said or did something 'stupid' regarding a passion of theirs, however these same people are probably fans of The Simpsons or Family Guy.

Cause you know, those are shows starring sensible, intelligent characters that never do stupid things outside the box things just to make you laugh...

Edited by Torr
  • Like 1

In other words: Yeah, they are humor pieces, but we totally understand that satire is not for everyone! So reading through this thread, as his editor, is very amusing. We occasionally catch some flak when Atari fans read one of his articles and fail to realize that it is just for humor, not reality. Some people are REALLY SUPER SERIOUS and actively dislike him for writing these humor pieces.

I'm not angry nor do I dislike him and I LOVE a good joke and satire. I'll have to read some other examples you posted but this one, well, sorry, just didn't work for me. I think it stems from having close friends of mine be the subject of racism and discrimination that keeps me from finding humor in the subject.

There's too many teenagers on TeenSpeak spouting off racial slurs. It's a big joke. How great it is we can degrade whole populations of Americans just to display our virtual nuts. It's just talking smack, right? Racism is such a lighthearted affair that we can dilute everyone's concern with trolling articles too.

Glad its all casual fun with no consequences.

What about HSW making E.T. green instead of brown? That has to be some kind of alien racism.

Excellent point RT; Warshaw even kept a whip on his desk at Atari and walked around the office cracking it - imagine a programmer trying that today? I'm pretty sure Tod can still get away with the wall clinging :)

Racism can be found everywhere if dissected, and almost always (i like to believe) not meant to be racist. It's just such a delicate subject today. Best thing to do is not mention anything about it, one WRONG word and it's over for you!!!!

Edited by Rik

I think it's really sad how little humour most people have.

I always think about that thing ages ago when some cartoonist drew Mohammad (or however you spell it) and the religious people were in an uproar.

The people that criticize the AVGN or this Atari Poop guy, REALLY get their panties in a bunch because someone said or did something 'stupid' regarding a passion of theirs, however these same people are probably fans of The Simpsons or Family Guy.

Cause you know, those are shows starring sensible, intelligent characters that never do stupid things outside the box things just to make you laugh...

Be fair; The Simpson's humor does go a bit beyond AVGN's shtick of not reading manuals and making that one stupid face.

Oh definitely, I just mean they both star characters that in REAL life would belong under watch/care somewhere. But as fictional characters we love them.

It's a shame that James got typecast as the AVGN. I can't deny that I have trouble watching him do anything but AVGN, James & Mike Play is alright but it's just like hanging out with my buddies listening to them talk too so it's not really a show just... something...

And in the end it's not even an actor he wants to be at all if I'm not mistaken, he went to school and started doing AVGN as practice for writing/directing/filming actual films, not just a b-grade webseries. But funny enough like the TMNT back in 84, this little shot in the dark with no intentions of every having a follow up expanded pretty quick, he's a lucky man, technically he owes Mike half of all he ever does with AVGN because Mike put his first video up much to James' refusal I believe I read somewhere... or maybe the AVGN video has now in the end detracted him from his true calling and now he'll never make quality cinema... maybe I'm rambling...

Edited by Torr