IGNORED

Tandy 1000 computer

thebiggw

I have this exact computer right here though I have the cm-5 monitor. There is a real nice blurring effect on the pixels while still being sharp and the colour is fantasic. I still play the old class sierra games on this system. The graphics look better on this monitor than they do on an lcd or on an emulator.

This tandy had built in sound digitizing ability(unique for the time), a special 640x200x 16 coloour mode that only about a dozen games support but was really nice, tandy 3 voice sound and 3 voices of sampled music instruments. It could use sound samples for play back of midi or similar tandy songs. Was way advanced when it came out. Only a mac could do that at the time and they were b&w.

$1200 when it was new in 1989.

Seems to have devalued a little.

The CM-11 has a much finer dot pitch than the CM-5. It's one of the best CGA monitors ever made. IIRC, only the IBM 5153 monitor has a finer dot pitch. Major score on just the monitor for $5.

The 1000TL is one of the best Tandy 1000s too. I have a 1000TX and wish I had a TL, because TL can swap between an ISA VGA and built in TGA video in software. Shame that it doesn't seem to be working, but it's worth a shot anyway. Might just be a failed hard drive or something simple. But I don't see a keyboard in there, and I think TLs used the proprietary Tandy keyboards. TL/2 and later used PS/2 keyboards.

Someone snap this up and let us know if it works.