IGNORED

Price Check: Sega Genesis Lot

Scootiecat

Another price check, please...

Again, none of these have been tested for a year, but I will test them before I put them up for sale. And I will also post pics if I put this up for sale.

1 Sega Genesis Console, RF & power cables, 2 controllers (1 Sega, 1 Third Party), 1 One-Player Joystick

Columns--Cart only

Caesar's Palace--Cart and color manual

Tengen Ms. Pac Man--CIB

Klax--CIB

Monopoly--CIB

Serious responses only please. TIA.

Edited by Scootiecat

Shipped or plus shipping? Sorry I forgot to include that in my original post. I would agree with that figure if it does not include shipping. The figure I had in mind is $45-$50 shipped.

Thanks for replying!

Sorry I didn't make that more clear. The "1-Player joystick" is like a regular arcade stick. It has one joystick on it. The "2-player joystick" has two joysticks on it and allows 2 people to play against each other in a game like Ms. Pac Man without needing 2 separate controllers hooked up. I will try to get some pics soon so that you can see what I mean. Hope my explanation helps!

Had a spurt of energy and here are pics of the 2 joysticks. I stand corrected about the 2-Player one. It doesn't have 2 joysticks, it has a Y-cable to be plugged into the controller ports and you flip a switch and hand it to the second person to play. I apologize for my misrepresentation of it.

Note that neither of them have been tested yet. I didn't have enough energy to do that. Sorry for that too.

The first 3 pics are the standard Sega arcade stick and the last 3 pics are the third party 2-player stick.

post-28219-0-67726600-1373493148_thumb.jpg

post-28219-0-60817200-1373493151_thumb.jpg

post-28219-0-67305100-1373493153_thumb.jpg

post-28219-0-18606000-1373493156_thumb.jpg

post-28219-0-67422600-1373493158_thumb.jpg

post-28219-0-25835400-1373493161_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Finally got to test this today. Everything except the 2 player joystick works. I've been looking at eBay though and am thinking I may do better to sell it in parts like I've been doing with some of my other systems. Am I right about that?

In this case you probably will get more selling the items individually, though keep in mind that will be more work in the end. You'll have to decide if it's worth the extra trouble for what may only be a $10-$20 difference.

You could also try craigslist. Less shipping hassle and no eBay fees, if you're willing to do a local transaction.

Finally got to test this today. Everything except the 2 player joystick works. I've been looking at eBay though and am thinking I may do better to sell it in parts like I've been doing with some of my other systems. Am I right about that?

Probably. I would at least sell the games as a separate lot.

Thanks, both of you. I appreciate the advice. I think I will break up the lot into components. I am going to have to go with eBay, though, because I'm disabled and can't drive to meet someone locally, and won't allow a pickup where I live--too dangerous. I'm doing a lot of eBay selling right now and have my own postal scale. I just ride my electric scooter down to the mailboxes to give the mail carrier my packages. So even with the fees, eBay is the lesser of 2 evils right now.

A local retrogames shop had a deal they advertised with a listing every week for 2 months on Craigslist: Model 2 Genny with power/video cable, one controller, and 15 games (obviously would have been loose low-tier carts) for $20. I was in his shop last week and asked him how many people had taken him up on that generous package. His response? He held his hand up making a circle.

Apparently, there's just nowhere near the demand for the Genesis as there is for other consoles. I suspect demand will rise in time, but it's still surprising to me, given how massively popular the Genny was during the early to mid 90s.