IGNORED

Quadrun - newbie question

JustJeff2

Hi all,

RE: This one on ebay:

"...rare Atari VCS/2600 QUADRUN prototype game + pcb!..."

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2712364754341?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=271236475434&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Curious.... how you would be able to tell a prototype board from others? Sorry for the newbie-ness of my post. Looking at AtariProtos does not seem to help me out. Love the concept of adding prototypes to my collection, but my knowledge is minimal. Could this be a board ripped out of a Best Electronics case?

Thanks all,

-Jeff

post-18069-0-00615800-1373469387_thumb.jpg

Best prototypes of Quadrun have production boards with mask ROM's in them. They also had cheap crappy fake loaner labels applied to them. ;)

EDIT: However, this looks like it could be fake, unless someone just popped new labels onto the EPROM windows.

Leaning towards fake myself, really hard to say with stuff like this though. He also has a Dukes mask ROM for sale which leads me to believe he got them both from Best.

To be clear, I believe it's an authentic PCB, but the ROMs may have been burned relatively recently, not in the Atari lab.

Edited by Wickeycolumbus