IGNORED

[AQUARIUS] New Deluxe Dust Covers!

I'm sure that many of you are already familiar with the excellent line of classic console and computer dust covers that have been created by my friends Jerry and Barb Dittman (aka papa*nannysfunstuff); see this thread for pictures of their current offerings. Now, just in time for its 30th anniversary, they have brought their creative talents to the Aquarius Home Computer. Here are the results:

aquariusdustcover_off.jpg

aquariusdustcover_on.jpg

This is the one of the first of their new Aquarius covers, just removed from its package and placed over the Aquarius computer. The pictures can't convey the luxurious quality of these covers; like Barb's other covers, these are made of heavy-duty pleather, and they fit very neatly and securely over the computer.

The only other Aquarius dust cover ever made was the original (and very rare) one from Mattel Electronics, made of thin transparent vinyl, but these are much nicer. Trust me, if you own an Aquarius, you need one of these covers to keep it safe from scratches, dust, and other contaminants. These will also offer good protection against sunlight, which can cause the Aquarius plastic to become yellowed and discolored over time (I've seen that problem with most of the used Aquarius computers I've picked up). They're currently available for $24.50 each plus shipping, which I think is a real bargain considering the high quality of the materials and craftsmanship.

I'll let Jerry chime in with other ordering information, but in the meantime, I'd like to thank him and Barb for their excellent work on these, and on all of their covers. I can honestly say that they are the best of all the covers I've tried over the years for the consoles and computers in my collection. They look especially nice when you have several classic systems lined up on display, all equipped with matching covers, so while you're looking over Jerry and Barb's catalog, go ahead and pick up some covers for your other systems, too!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just giving this thread a bump to remind everyone that these Aquarius dust covers are still available ... and still awesome! I'm afraid I'm not going to have any new software to offer for the Aquarius until the end of this year (at least), so in the meantime, why not pick up one of these dust covers and treat your Aquarius to something nice?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I know that there has to be more then 3 Aquarius owners out there ;)

I really think you will like the overall effect the cover has on the console.

And besides when Jay,gets all revved up and starts production and you want to use

your "computer" to play......well....wouldnt it be horrible if it does not work because its all full

of dust mites?

I know that there has to be more then 3 Aquarius owners out there ;)

I really think you will like the overall effect the cover has on the console.

And besides when Jay,gets all revved up and starts production and you want to use

your "computer" to play......well....wouldnt it be horrible if it does not work because its all full

of dust mites?

Sadly due to shipping and customs the price to get one into the Netherlands would be $54(according to E-bay). Otherwise I would surely have ordered one, because I really like it!