IGNORED

Steam Summer Sale

Right now Fallout 3 GOTY and New Vegas Ultimate Edition are on sale for $4.99 each.

Totally thanks for this. I couldn't bring myself to buy new vegas on ps3, but this solves it all--for cheap!

To offset that level of awesome, my drunk ass gives you the totally unrelated SINGHAM!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDH-vwVCKdU

Edited by Reaperman

I think I had bought three games on Steam prior to this sale. Now I'm up to 39.

Kinda having a love-hate relationship with this sale right now . . .

Welcome to Steam :)

Don't think this is the end. Just wait for the holiday sale in December. You'll be in triple digits before you know it.

Welcome to Steam :)

Don't think this is the end. Just wait for the holiday sale in December. You'll be in triple digits before you know it.

Ugh. Maybe I'll have to avoid the forums in December so I'm not reminded.

I really need some self restraint. I already have more games than I will likely be able to finish in my lifetime.

• Like 3

And it could go cheaper on the last day but I cant help it I picked it up. I've been wanting a Sins game for years and finally got Rebellion for a good price.

I also just picked up Deus Ex Human Revolution with all the DLC for 4 bucks. The game by itself is currently $2.99 for the next 6 hours. I can now say that I have all the Deus Ex games. Love stealth games too.

And it could go cheaper on the last day but I cant help it I picked it up. I've been wanting a Sins game for years and finally got Rebellion for a good price.

I also just picked up Deus Ex Human Revolution with all the DLC for 4 bucks. The game by itself is currently $2.99 for the next 6 hours. I can now say that I have all the Deus Ex games. Love stealth games too.

I bought all the Deus Ex games tonight . . . and I'm not sure why, other than the fact that it cost $6 for all of them. I'll blame it on the $10 rebate card I got today. :)

I'm really not a fan of FPSs, but you wouldn't be able to tell that by looking at my Steam Library right now. I also picked up the F.E.A.R. games, Duke Nukem, and Doom 3 BFG Edition, but there's a bit of nostalgia involved with the last two.

I've been debating about Dishonored all day. Apparently, it's a really great game, but I'm not sure that it's one I'd enjoy since it looks like an FPS.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they'll eventually put Remember Me in a flash sale.

I bought all the Deus Ex games tonight . . . and I'm not sure why, other than the fact that it cost $6 for all of them. I'll blame it on the $10 rebate card I got today. :)

I'm really not a fan of FPSs, but you wouldn't be able to tell that by looking at my Steam Library right now. I also picked up the F.E.A.R. games, Duke Nukem, and Doom 3 BFG Edition, but there's a bit of nostalgia involved with the last two.

I've been debating about Dishonored all day. Apparently, it's a really great game, but I'm not sure that it's one I'd enjoy since it looks like an FPS.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they'll eventually put Remember Me in a flash sale.

Wow...I did the same a year ago with some FPS stuff. Duke, Doom etc. I'm not that into FPS games either but I like one's that are "different". :)

Dishonored is todays Thief and so much better. If you or anyone has played the old Thief games (or Tenchu) it's basically that but with a modern engine in a weird supernatural\revolutionary\industrial period. It's not really an FPS but it is first person and you do shoot crossbow bolts or a gun if you choose etc but the basic gameplay is sneak, assisinate with your blade. The characters and storyline are fantastic and the graphics very well done (especially on PC). The controls are spot on and the menu system and quicksaves are exactly done right. I cannot recommend it enough for stealth fans or anyone really. It's that good. Review here: http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/dishonored

I'm biased cause I'm a stealth fan but I think it should be in everyone's library and played at least twice. :P

Just a heads up everyone, while this one isn't on sale, you do get a nice bonus if pre-ordering it. It's the new Rise of the Triad remake, and for pre-ordering it in full ($15, it's a budget release), you also get the Apogee Throwback Pack for free. Normally that pack is $10 on its own, and it includes Blake Stone: Aliens of Gold, Blake Stone: Planet Strike, and the original Rise of the Triad and one of its expansion packs. :)

Link: http://store.steampowered.com/app/217140/

I really need some self restraint. I already have more games than I will likely be able to finish in my lifetime.

It's okay, with Steam, I'm sure we all do! :lolblue:

I'm biased cause I'm a stealth fan but I think it should be in everyone's library and played at least twice. :P

I'm still debating this purchase. I have about 28 hours to make up my mind. :)

It's okay, with Steam, I'm sure we all do! :lolblue:

It's hard, right? I keep being reminded of when I was young and our family computer was a Tandy 1000 EX. We were in Sears, and I found a copy of Matterhorn Screamer that was around $10. My dad bought it for me, and I remember him saying something like for $10, we couldn't really go wrong. If you ever played Matterhorn Screamer, you'll realize how incorrect his statement was, but whenever I see a super cheap game, my dad's voice keeps popping in my head—for that price, you can't go wrong. I keep thinking, it's cheaper than the $10 we spent on Matterhorn Screamer, and that was 1980's money. ;)

The only reason I had a Steam account was because I got a bunch of games for free when I bought a graphics card.

I haven't even used the account since the last of the Halflife 2 series.

But Torchlight II is $4.99 and Alan Wake Franchise is $3.99 so I thought what the heck.

I loved Torchlight and I've played the demo of Alan Wake so I'm not too worried about getting a stinker of a game.

But Torchlight II is $4.99 and Alan Wake Franchise is $3.99 so I thought what the heck.

Torchlight II is great and its unfortunate they are not porting it out to consoles. I think many people are missing out on a solid sequel.

I don't mind though the reasons they gave is that the they are not a large team and mainly just don't have the time.

I think GOG had the original Torchlight for free briefly.

I feel the need to make a public service announcement. If you're looking to save money during this sale ...

DO NOT INSTALL THE STEAM MOBILE APP ON YOUR PHONE

Me: "oh, I'm out of the house and have a few spare minutes, let's check out the sale"

<pulls out phone>

Steam App: "Look at the awesome price for a game you have extremely mild interest in"

Me: "OMG, this price is only valid for 7 more hours. Must buy!"

<Buys the game( s ) with a ridiculously small amount of clicks>

Steam App: "I'll see you again when I refresh sales in 8 hours"

Me: "No more purchases until one of the few games I really want comes on sale"

8 HOURS LATER

Me: "oh, I'm out of the house and have a few spare minutes, let's check out the sale"

<pulls out phone>

Steam App: "Look at the awesome price for a game you have extremely mild interest in"

Me: "OMG, this price is only valid for 7 more hours. Must buy!"

<Buys the game( s ) with a ridiculously small amount of clicks>

Steam App: "I'll see you again when I refresh sales in 8 hours"

Me: "No more purchases until one of the few games I really want comes on sale"

8 HOURS LATER

REPEAT THROUGH JULY 22ND

Thankfully all my purchases are made on a credit card that gives me free groceries :)

• Like 4

Seems like the sales are getting repetitive now, so maybe I can make it through the next five days without buying much more.

I don't know when I'll ever find the time to play even a quarter of the games I bought between this sale and the GOG sale.

Oh, and I did end up buying Dishonored. You know, because it was only $10 . . .

• Like 1

Seems like the sales are getting repetitive now, so maybe I can make it through the next five days without buying much more.

51b11f23cc41a.jpg

I don't think you'll regret that purchase. Dishonored is actually quite an awesome game.

• Like 2

I don't think you'll regret that purchase. Dishonored is actually quite an awesome game.

Most definitely, would be most interested in hearing anyone's thoughts about it but of course we would be posting spoilers everywhere.

I finished it and also the DLC The Knife of Dunwall. Great story and great characters. Will play again and I will be getting the next DLC in August....the Brigmore Witches, a sequel to the Knife of Dunwall.

Most definitely, would be most interested in hearing anyone's thoughts about it but of course we would be posting spoilers everywhere.

Without giving spoilers, the best thing about the game (for me) is the freedom you have in how you complete your missions. You can go all out stealth, all out action or a mix of both and then you throw in actual consequences for your actions. I really had a blast playing it.

Without giving spoilers, the best thing about the game (for me) is the freedom you have in how you complete your missions. You can go all out stealth, all out action or a mix of both and then you throw in actual consequences for your actions. I really had a blast playing it.

Totally agree, they took Thief and improved it a thousand times. I did all stealth my first time through but I probably should have done the action route as I ended up killing on accident and didn't get the perfect "Clean Hands" achievment and that's another thing that really makes you want to play the game a few times. I plan on going the action route later on after the Witches DLC comes out. Certain chapters were a lot of fun and some parts really clever.