IGNORED

Steam Summer Sale

I didn't realize that you can make it through the game without killing anyone. That makes it a bit more interesting to me. I won't get to it for a while, though. I first have to finish The Longest Journey, after which I plan to play Dreamfall. Then, I'm going to play the Tomb Raider reboot. So, maybe after that.

I didn't realize that you can make it through the game without killing anyone. That makes it a bit more interesting to me. I won't get to it for a while, though. I first have to finish The Longest Journey, after which I plan to play Dreamfall. Then, I'm going to play the Tomb Raider reboot. So, maybe after that.

Right and if you do the story changes so it makes it worth playing twice as a 'good guy" or "bad guy". Not just the ending but certain missions etc.

I finished Tomb Raider Trilogy last year but haven't tried the reboot yet which I got through a Steam sale. Dreamfall are more games for me I need to get to as I missed out on them years ago. They will also release sequels to those called Home and Chapters.

So I learned a bit about steam cards today.

Took the ones I had extra of, sold em. Click sell + look at the lowest price. Had a dollar+ in my steam wallet in about 1 minute or so.

Took that, grabbed the ones I needed and have about 75 cents left over to spend on the next game I get. Pointing it out as the card stuff = free money.

When you get a full set you can go to (your id) > badges and make a badge. It gives ya more virtual stuff you can then sell lol. Weird, but ok…I’ll take the free money.

Unfortunately with a lot of the newer stuff that comes up on sale, my computer doesn't have enough horse power, and I am not enough into PC gaming to upgrade.

That said, there still some things that are tempting. The only thing I have purchased so far is SimCity 4... works fine under Crossover (commercial version of WINE). Tempted on Demon Souls since I never got it for the consoles... with the recommended specs listed, that might play okay. Probably would need to boot into Windows though.

I've noticed Infestation: Survivor Stories AKA The War Z has been on sale for $3.74. I've heard nothing but horrible things before the name change. I'm not sure if any of the issues were fixed, or if it was just a name change. So far though I've been really enjoying the first Dead Island. I had it before on PS3 and never played with anyone else, but the co op multiplayer system really makes a difference. A stranger in the same game area can join your game or vice versa.

Bought the first F.E.A.R. game that included the expansions for $4.99, and almost bought the first two Thief games that are $2.37 each. I don't think my old PC would have been able to handle F.E.A.R., so I'm pretty excited to try it out. Too bad I don't have enough room on my hard drive. With that in mind I really need to stop spending money on games and save for a hard drive and decent food while I'm at it. Also the Legacy of Kain series are on sale if anyone is interested.

Edited by xenomorpher

Didn't end up buying much this year, just Castle Crashers and DaS. Both seem to run fine under wine.

Sales were kind of underwhelming this year.

Yea... there was stuff I could have gotten, but I only picked up SimCity 4 (runs fine under wine) and the expansions to Civilization V. Some stuff would never run on my computer, and I avoided a lot of impulse purchases by asking myself "when will I have the time to play that...". Too much unplayed stuff already.

Yea... there was stuff I could have gotten, but I only picked up SimCity 4 (runs fine under wine) and the expansions to Civilization V. Some stuff would never run on my computer, and I avoided a lot of impulse purchases by asking myself "when will I have the time to play that...". Too much unplayed stuff already.

Tell me about it. I probably haven't even played half of the stuff in my library.

I bought Tropico 3 and 4. I played the demo of 4 on the 360 and enjoyed it enough to spend a little money.

I've already made my way through Torchlight II and I'm ready for the 2nd pass. It was a lot quicker than the first one but I knew how everything worked at the start so I wasn't struggling to stay alive.

They are having an Encore day with the most popular titles. I'm debating getting Tomb Raider, Civilization V or Chivalry.

Torchlight is the best.

Out of all the games I have I'm addicted to Farcry3 Blood Dragon......it's a cool 80's style parody FPS. Graphics are nice and it's just screaming Arnold films. Soundtrack is straight from Terminator and Tron. I love it. :P

Only problem is that it comes with Uplay. Ugh. I actually dont mind though the game is very unique and its very well done. :)

Edit: Wait...lets add a little Predator in there too!!!!

Yes!!!!

Edited by cimerians

Yep Torchlight II... Been waiting for it to drop. For $5 you can't go wrong.

Torchlight II make me even more pissed at Diablo 3. Blizzard should be ashamed of themselves.

Out of all the games I have I'm addicted to Farcry3 Blood Dragon......it's a cool 80's style parody FPS.

LOVE IT! It's really such an awesome game. I was honestly expecting it to fail miserably, as many parodies do. This game was really made well. It has the best tutorial level ever :)

• Like 1

I'm grabbing both Civ V and the Tomb Raider collection. There were a couple titles from the TR series I borrowed but didn't have time to finish.

LOL, I have to call my credit card company to tell them it's actually me that was trying to make yet another purchase from a place that sells video games and that no some teenager didn't steal my card. :)

I'm not surprised they found a 3rd charge to this place in as many days as suspicious.

So I learned a bit about steam cards today.

Took the ones I had extra of, sold em. Click sell + look at the lowest price. Had a dollar+ in my steam wallet in about 1 minute or so.

Took that, grabbed the ones I needed and have about 75 cents left over to spend on the next game I get. Pointing it out as the card stuff = free money.

When you get a full set you can go to (your id) > badges and make a badge. It gives ya more virtual stuff you can then sell lol. Weird, but ok…I’ll take the free money.

Awesome! I did this too, and ended up with like $1.20!

Grabbed the "Breath of Death VII" & "Cthulhu Saved the World" combo, for 98 cents.

Free games, yes please.

I'm grabbing both Civ V and the Tomb Raider collection. There were a couple titles from the TR series I borrowed but didn't have time to finish.

I bought all of the old Tomb Raider games. I have Tomb Raider I and II on CD around here somewhere, but since all of the old titles were on sale for $1.74 each, I thought it was just easier to buy them through Steam than try to get the CD versions working (I remember the last time I tried to run Tomb Raider Gold, I just couldn't get it to work). Trying to play them after Tomb Raider Anniversary, Legend, and Underworld (haven't played the reboot yet) is going to be difficult. The controls are . . . not so good.

I'm glad the Steam sale is over. They got an embarrassing amount of money from me.

• Like 2