IGNORED

NEO GEO Pocket Color Collecting

There is no excuse for 18 day gaps in communication, and there is no excuse for not delivering on promises you made to a customer. I was not upset at the length of time the actual work took and I made that clear, but there is no such thing as being too busy to respond to a damned email. You promised to let me know when my stuff arrived and you failed to deliver.

And really, you're complaining about reading a few paragraphs? Unless it takes you a week per paragraph it should not have taken more than two minutes to read any email I sent you.

I paid for an item shipping from South Korea the same day as I paid you, and I have that item in my hands right now. If you had shipped it "as soon as possible" it would have been here by now. Every seller I do business with here on this site has shipped promptly, and none of them got upset about the notion of going to the post office on a Saturday.

And this really is not a great way to represent yourself to the community. I can't imagine too many Atari Agers are going to be jumping to send you their money after reading your post. You would have received a lot more of my business if you had simply acted the way any other seller on any other online community --Amazon, eBay, Atari Age, Neo-Geo, Rakuten -- is expected to act: reply promptly to communication, ship promptly after payment, and don't be rude.

• Like 1

Before complaining here, why not contact us so that we can repair it for you? These are 15 year old pieces of hardware, and although I personally test each of them with a few rounds of Teris before packing them up, problems may still pop up. We will GLADLY repair the A/B button issue for you. I just sent you an email.

I did email you about the issue. As I heard about you from a member here, who was spending a good amount of money to mod 3 systems, I felt that my experience should be shared. It's good that I did too, as you can see that expectations were not set correctly and now you're about to have another unhappy customer.

I did email you about the issue. As I heard about you from a member here, who was spending a good amount of money to mod 3 systems, I felt that my experience should be shared. It's good that I did too, as you can see that expectations were not set correctly and now you're about to have another unhappy customer.

When? I see nothing from you in any of my inboxes. Either way, I sent you an email.

@goldenegg - Found your emails. I had assumed they came earlier in the week. I didn't realize you received the item only a couple of hours before emailing/posting until I checked the tracking. Replied to all 3.

@famicommander - I'm not going to argue with you about this, and I'm done crapping up this thread. Shoot us an email when your systems arrive.

Hey guys, told you I'd have an update when they arrived, so here is what I sent wiggy today

It all arrived today.

The Wonderswan Color and Game Boy Advance are both as expected, no issues whatsoever.

The Neo Geo Pocket Color came back with a good job on the light, but I am a bit disappointed that the screen lens came back scratched. That unit was brand new out of the packaging when I packed it up and sent it to you. I don't expect you to pay for it or anything because it's just the lens, but it's something that you should be aware of in the future. There are now noticeable scratches on what was a brand new screen.

To that end, I was under the impression that I was receiving a "new" screen lens for the Game Boy Color. The lens on the system I got back has significant scratching and permanent, noticeable scuffs. The lighting itself is again to expectations, but the screen lens is not satisfactory.

And finally, the Game Boy micro faceplate. The screen window arrived scratched, smudged, beat up, and dirty. It absolutely looks worse than the one that has been affixed to my system since September of 2005. I removed it immediately after turning the system on and could not be more dissatisfied.

Again, the actual screens are good. No noticeable banding on any of them (except for a tiny bit when using the Swan in the vertical orientation, but it's not bad), even lighting and everything. But the micro faceplate is downright depressing and the GBC screen lens is poor. My entire motivation for buying the micro faceplate was that my old one was beat up after nearly 8 years, but the new faceplate is absolutely worse.

Here's the response I got from the scumbag:

Great.

Try handling things more carefully when you pack them for shipping. That's most likely when you unknowingly scratched it. That, or during the 6 hours of play time you logged before packing it up. I don't expect you to actually be more careful when handling your portables, but it's something that you should be aware of for future reference.

The GBC lens is indeed brand new. I suggest contacting the manufacturer if you're dissatisfied. You may also want to try handling things more carefully when you unpack them.

Wow! That's amazing, especially considering that it was also brand new! I recommend using your original faceplate if you're unhappy with the new one. You can use the new scratched, smudged, and beat up faceplate as a bumper sticker if you like, or simply flush it down the toilet.

I hope this resolves any issues that you're experiencing.

He damaged my system and sent me terrible products and he's blaming me.

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH MATTHEW WIGGINS. ROSE COLORED GAMING IS A TERRIBLE COMPANY AND THEY WILL BLAME YOU FOR HAVING DAMAGED YOUR PERSONAL PROPERTY.

Wiggy just accused me of being a sociopath for calling him out on his blatant lies.

Please don't make the same mistake I did and send this person any of your money or property. He will damage your stuff, ignore your communications, fall well short of his promises, and then blame you for it all.

He's a child, pure and simple.

Jason White,

If we felt that there was a lick of truth to any of your claims, then we'd gladly work with you to get them resolved. Also, the fact that you've made our email correspondence public (which I knew you would) and continue with the personal insults really doesn't help your cause. It's a tactless move, right along with completely derailing this thread (I’m the bad guy here?)

Here is an image of the GBC right before shipping, immediately after I removed the protective film. I don’t see any defect. Maybe you could provide your own images?

JasonWhite1_zps49afc7df.jpg

The NGPC did indeed have some faint scratches/scuffs when it arrived. They were nothing that I would ever concern myself with, seeing as they were quite faint. The very first thing that we do with a portable when it arrives is cover the lens (unless it’s to be replaced with something else). It stayed covered throughout the process and looked no different than the day it arrived when all was said and done. Again, you may consider giving your toys a better inspection before sending them out to have work done. We do just that along with administering a thorough test of everything that comes through the door before we even pull a screwdriver from the drawer. If there were obvious defects, then we’d take photos or make a note so that we could relay the information to the customer before we start the job. The only issues we had with your consoles when they arrived were a dirty cart port on the Wonderswan (which was easy to clean and we provided this service at not charge), and we cleaned some grime and dust from your Gameboy Color (again, this was done gratis).

What you said about the faceplate is just a lie and you know it. Again, provide something that will confirm your claims.

You’ve made many claims, yet provided nothing but a temper tantrum in order to prove your case. I’ve provided images and info with the purpose of calling out some of your previous lies (such as your out-of-pocket shipping expense and email response times), and as such I have little reason to believe that you’re telling the truth or greatly exaggerating it.

Also, there will be no more email correspondence between us. If you insist on making such things public, then there’s no sense in communicating via private means. I wish things could have gone better, but you seem insistent on being unhappy with us no matter what. I don’t believe there is anything we could have done to satisfy your expectations.

Edited by wiggyx

Here are your photos:

pECTlHp.jpg

vq5Izwj.jpg

rk5ytpg.jpg

eggzecV.jpg

7nZnIwC.jpg

MunhCwG.jpg

0L9DJ0U.jpg

An4wCE1.jpg

W7vCIoS.jpg

Js1XuGx.jpg

MVhYEiK.jpg

That is absolutely how they arrived. They have been wiped and those are not dirt or smudges, they are scratches and scuffs on the Game Boy and scratches and bubbles and black marks on the micro faceplate. This did not happen as a result of the unpacking process or the application process of the micro faceplate.

This thread serves as a warning. I do not want any further communication with you anyway. You can keep your money, but you are damn sure a liar and you damn sure damaged my Neo Geo Pocket Color lens. Other people on this forum deserve to know that the site I initially referred them to does this sort of thing.

The only thing I was incorrect about this entire ordeal was when I was mistaken on my original shipping cost to you. The rest is absolutely on you as a seller, and my experience with you has been the worst I have ever had on any online dealer, and that includes eBay of all places.

• Like 1

Get a micro fiber towel and wipe that off. Those look like no "scratches" that I've ever seen.

The plastic backer is what has the scratches, not the faceplate itself. Not sure what the super blurry pics are supposed to illustrate. Also, where's the "smudged, beat up, and dirty" part of your complaint?

Either way, hope you enjoy them despite the numerous non-existent flaws. Our feelings regarding the transaction are mutual and we're just happy to put this experience behind us.

I work at a computer store and I have many micro fiber cloths and tons of cleaning solution. The smudges and the dirt were wiped clean, the scuffs and scratches are what remain.

You can deny it all you want but it's plain as day for everyone to see. Those screens look terrible. There are also some hairs BENEATH the screen lens on the Game Boy.

That is the only camera I have access to at this moment in time but those pictures more than illustrate my point. I don't think anyone who reads this thread will come out of it confident in dealing with you, but if you'll check my feedback on this site you'll see that they would do business with me any day of the week.

• Like 1

The plastic backer is what has the scratches, not the faceplate itself. Not sure what the super blurry pics are supposed to illustrate. Also, where's the "smudged, beat up, and dirty" part of your complaint?

You might want to check your stock of faceplates, as mine was in a similarly poor condition. I didn't bother saying anything about it, as it went straight to the trash. Mine was just as marked up and also had small bits of glue dotted across the screen area. Removing the glue only served to damage it even more.

Not to get off (or back on?) topic.. but out of all of the failed Gameboy alternatives the NGPC was always my favorite.

The graphics were much better (At the time) and the control pad was very friendly. That's the one thing i like about the Neo Geo X is that the control knob reminds me a lot of the NGPC.

I will say it was a weird situation owning the NGPC when it was new. Of course everyone knows SNK went under / got bought out during the tail end of the NGPC lifecycle.. but in a weird twist they recalled all of the NGPC games from stores. So once the news broke you literally had a few weeks to run and buy whatever games you wanted because after that they all dissapeared off store shelves. There were no sales or discounts either like most cases when a system dies. So it was like getting bunched in the gut then kicked on the ground.

Still a great system.. I can't even begin to imagine how many hours I dumped into that SNK/Capcom card game on there.

• Like 1

I came here from Famicommander's thread on Neo-Geo.com (http://www.neo-geo.c...-Color-frontlit). I have to say that the whole situation sickens me a bit. I don't claim to know the people involved or understand the whole thing, but the way that Wiggy responded to Famicommander's email about the problems seemed very unprofessional. That really set a bad initial tone and put both sides in a confrontational/defensive posture.

Personally, I'd somwehat like to get into doing these light mods, but I've always been worried about hurting people's prized posessions. Most of the people wanting these mods would be retro gamers/collectors, and they are a discerning lot.

I love this system. Funny that you Posted this today, as I just received a boxed NGPC a couple hours ago.

One thing I'd highly recommend to all NGP( C ) owners is the Neo Pocket Flashmasta flash cart. As some of the games can be hard to find and ridiculously expensive, this is a perfect accessory to own.

http://www.flashmasta.com/purchase/

Thanks for mentioning my cart, goldenegg. I appreciate that!

Oooh! Nice. This might be perfect for me as a more casual NGPC owner.

Hey Metal Jesus. I tweeted a link to your NGPC video the other day, actually. Definitely hit me up if you want a flash cart bundle. Right now, I don't have any full bundles ready, but I can get to building some if there is interest. I just haven't devoted much time to projects like this lately, as I've been in the middle of moving to a new house and stuff. I'm always motivated by interest, though, so chat me up.

• Like 2

You're video made me wanting to extend my neo geo pocket collection, so i bought a few games the both of you recommended.

Since the games aren't so readily available her where i lived, i bought them from ebay.

Most games where new and cost me no more then 3 dollars each. In total i had to pay 26 dollar including shipping.

So here is what i got:

Puzzle Link

Puzzle Link 2

Bubble Bobble Mini

Metal Slug 2nd Mission

Dark Arms Beast Beater 1999

Card Fighters Clash

Only need to find a cheap copy of Sonic Pocket Adventure.

I came here from Famicommander's thread on Neo-Geo.com (http://www.neo-geo.c...-Color-frontlit). I have to say that the whole situation sickens me a bit. I don't claim to know the people involved or understand the whole thing, but the way that Wiggy responded to Famicommander's email about the problems seemed very unprofessional. That really set a bad initial tone and put both sides in a confrontational/defensive posture.

He set the initial tone by calling me a bum, plain and simple, then went on to call me a "complete and total piece of shit" and "a weasel, a liar, a flake, and an asshole" when he didn't like my email repsonse. If he didn't like how things were going early on (with regards to the email response time), then he should have asked for his stuff back and had someone else do the mods. I don't deal with children.

Edited by wiggyx