IGNORED

Muncher (2600 Homebrew) Limited Edition sold out

My latest Atari 2600 homebrew Muncher is ready for release! This is the limited edition, 40 numbered copies are available, NTSC only.

Muncher is an original game where you play as an astronaut who crashed on an alien planet. You must journey across the surface to eat all the food that splattered all over during the crash. There are aliens who chase and try to eat you as you try to hold on to dear life. There are 9 levels where the alien(s) behave differently.

Here are threads about the game:

http://atariage.com/...-2600-homebrew/

http://atariage.com/...8-muncher-2600/

There is also this video on youtube of a WIP (courtesy of atari2600land :thumbsup: )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgtbUzL9zY8

Note that the latest ROM posted in the thread is not the final, and this release differs slightly from it. There is no manual included with the cartridge, but the controls are as you would expect. The game uses a joystick controller. The button can be held to get a temporary boost, that is replenished by eating more food while going normal speed. The Color/Black and White switch turns off the sound effect of eating food if you prefer. There is also a pause after loosing a life or beating a level before it lets you resume the game.

Now on to the cartridge :) Artwork by Necron99

post-12776-0-63942300-1373673608_thumb.jpg

post-12776-0-32236400-1373673546_thumb.png

Cartridges are $30 USD, shipping is $6 to the US, $20 to canada, and $24 to anywhere else. Sorry for the ridiculous out of country prices, I have no control over that. These are ready to ship now!

If you are interested in a cartridge, please send an email to wickeycolumbus(at)yahoo.com for payment instructions. Of course, replace (at) with @. My PM box is nearly full so I would like to communicate via email.

Edited by Wickeycolumbus
  • Like 4

The sticker is amazing by the way.

We don't do Hozer quality crap around here, those are dye cut baby. :P

The boards have beveled and gold plated contacts too, they'll last a long time.

@Rick: Make sure you ping Godzilla (he'll take two) and Wonder007 (very busy). :cool:

Now this is an endorsement of QUALITY.

Where do I sign up for the CPU Homebrew Alert system? :)

Payment sent, thanks Wickey!

We don't do Hozer quality crap around here, those are dye cut baby. :P

The boards have beveled and gold plated contacts too, they'll last a long time.

@Rick: Make sure you ping Godzilla (he'll take two) and Wonder007 (very busy). :cool:

Got mine a few days ago, and finally got to sitting down to play it. I just absolutely love it, no hyperbole. Extremely challenging without being frustrating, fantastic control, interesting level design, wonderful game all around. After having watched the video I didn't know if it would have enough variation to keep my attention long term, but it most definitely, absolutely does. It's interesting how your mind lulls; after playing a time or two, I actually have more difficulty with the first couple of screens, sometimes dying with around 100pts! Ack.

And again, fantastic game. Thanks so much!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Like 1