IGNORED

The NEW High Score Club S2 ~ Week 10 ~ Frostbite (Game 1)

Vocelli

Current and possibly final submission = 79,350.

Comes in from nowhere and beats my score by a few points... Great. Maybe I shouldn't have invited you to take part...

Nah, just kidding. Welcome, Tom, and great score! Congratulations :-D

Edited by karokoenig

post-34560-0-10956700-1374392433_thumb.jpg

finally starting to improve again, maybe I can beat 300k? (final goal)

have I mentioned jumping between the crab 3-paks & bird 3-paks?

it's amazing but it happens to me occaisionally by luck

with time tho I think I could get the feel for doing it intentionally

This game is unfair when it f---ks you before you even know, & cant do anything to help it. One game I had around 6K with 2 Baileys left, & got screwed out of both & didnt even get any more points.

Also, there're too many variables, too many things going on. You can jump, & reverse the ice floes, but then you lose an ice block, & beware the animals, but you can grab the fish, & you have to change the colors correctly to get more points, & must jump enough to build an igloo, then a door, but watch out for the bear, but you can "hide" on the side of the screen, the whole time the temp drops, etc etc etc.

Edited by RJ

I also am superior at Frogger and personally, I think Frostbite is a great game -- a neat cross between Frogger and Q*Bert.

I got another hour in today and improved my score a bit -- I'm close to a breakthrough but I just don't have enough time to improve substantially for this contest, as I started too late (yesterday) and have to head to work in an hour. I'm at the point where the game starts to get real fast, and I would need to invest a significant amount of time to take it to the next scoring level.

Final submission = 87500

post-34419-0-23039700-1374445313_thumb.jpg

Edited by DoctorTom

Also, there're too many variables, too many things going on.

I think you're making it harder than it really is. I never use the fire button as I find changing the ice direction just throws me off. I also seldom use the "hideout" on the left.

Having seen keilbaca play other games, I know he could easily outscore me if he gets past the slow stages.

Edited by SpiceWare

Got 16k something but lost my post before I could post it. No matter, Im not gonna best the next guy up.

I restarted 6x before I got a satisfactory start, & got screwed out of my last 2 guys.

Feels like Steve Cartwright threw in the ability to reverse the ice floes, to decrease game bullshittery.

1 bonus point for adding score digits (16)

Edited by RJ

• 6 months later...

This was my favorite game as a kid. I was the only person I knew that was any good at it. I could never quite get to 400k points. I got close a couple of times but never hit that thresh. I just started playing again after a roughly 20 year hiatus & after shaking off the rust I ended up with this.attachicon.gifCAM00004.jpg

Good job!

This HSC is really good at inspiring players to new heights. I have broken a few of my teenager high scores, and it is because of the extra competition and tips provided by the HSC.

• Like 2