playsoft

GTIABlast! WIP demo

I hadn't been around since Feb/March for this but I am very glad to see it has made it! Harvey and Paul made a first class blaster for our beloved Atari!

Cheers!

_The Doctor__

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Like 2

Great game! I lover it. :-)

In my opinion, the new tunes matches mutch better with such a great shooter as the animal party-soundtrack... The ap-tunes are good, too, but sounds too "funny" for a space-shooter.

Great work!

Sleepy

• Like 1

Great game! I lover it. :-)

In my opinion, the new tunes matches mutch better with such a great shooter as the animal party-soundtrack... The ap-tunes are good, too, but sounds too "funny" for a space-shooter.

Great work!

Sleepy

Hm... what type of tunes would you expect in a shooter?

We need some John Williams Star wars being attacked by Tie Fighters music :)

Edited by Mclaneinc

We need some John Williams Star wars being attacked by Tie Fighters music :)

Something like that?

Having a look at the restrictions of 3 channels 64kHz of POKEY... thing could quickly screw up.

• Like 2

Come on Emkay, I was joking......As the Joker would say, "Why So serious"

If my lovely little Atari could play that music I'd be as happy as a pig in s**t...

Edited by Mclaneinc
  • Like 1

Come on Emkay, I was joking......As the Joker would say, "Why So serious"

If my lovely little Atari could play that music I'd be as happy as a pig in s**t...

hehe...

And, as you might know, I always liked to get the best possible out of the A8/POKEY.

Well, in my opinion, action games need fast and driving soundtracks. So, I'm pondering, what Sleepy wants.

Edited by emkay

Yes, I know your expectations of our beloved POKEY...And never stop trying!

As for what Sleepy wants?

A Dopey and Grumpy threesome?

Seriously, horses for courses, I'm not much for this new music like dubstep etc, for me music is about having the real skill to create it rather than join a set of samples up, sure there's some skill in that but creation from pure tone and moulding it in to something is my liking, but I'm old school who like people to be able to play instruments and or sing without some tuning technology...

Hm... what type of tunes would you expect in a shooter?

Hm, hard to explain... the Animal Party-tune is very good, but when I´m listening to it, I´m thinking of Animal Party, which is - in my opinion - a very funny game (which I also like to play). AB makes fun, too, but flying through the space and shooting at aliens is another kind of fun; it needs something that sounds like space... I´m sorry, I think I didn´t find the right words to explain it. Last but not least it´s a matter of taste. :-)

Sleepy

The Animal Party tune is actually from the game Flimbo's Quest on the C64, and a very decent version it is too...

But yes, maybe too bouncy and fun for a shooter although I do love the tune

Does anyone have the codes for different levels? I am trying to do a review of the game.

-Thom

Post #159

I don't know how I missed this at the time,  but I just stumbled upon it yesterday. Flashed to a maxflash cart and tried it out this morning.  All I can say is "Holy Crap!".  By the 3rd or 4th level,  my jaw had dropped open and I was mumbling "am I really playing a game like this on my ancient Atari 800?!".  Feels more like a 90s shmup on Genesis.  Totally awesome job on this! 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, eegad said:

I don't know how I missed this at the time,  but I just stumbled upon it yesterday. Flashed to a maxflash cart and tried it out this morning.  All I can say is "Holy Crap!".  By the 3rd or 4th level,  my jaw had dropped open and I was mumbling "am I really playing a game like this on my ancient Atari 800?!".  Feels more like a 90s shmup on Genesis.  Totally awesome job on this! 

Being just nosy: Wich version did you play? The version with "one tune" or the version with "several tunes" ?

22 minutes ago, eegad said:

The version from the more recent post with multiple tunes. 

Thanks for the answer :)

Yes I like this game too. It looks and sounds so awesome. I have seen worse games on Atari ST. It is a true masterpiece. Just like the Space Harrier port!

• Like 1

Actually, I find it interesting that  A8.Fandal and Atarimania have the older version in their database. It's not just the music, there have been several enhancements and fixes included.