IGNORED

Assembloids XE

+Adam+

• 2 weeks later...

Still have the feeling that there is something wrong with the original release (were there perhaps newer releases with bug fixes?)

I'm still not in the situation that I can record what I see on my screen, so here is the description.

When you complete a head with 4x same color the thermometer thing on the right lower corner is getting lower. Right?

Well ... in some cases this does not occur. This appears to me as a bug, and not a feature.

I have this happening quite a few times in a game. Especially when the thermometer is full for let's say 20 or 25% ... it has just changed color. Then I complete a head (all 4 parts are same color) and the thermometer stayed the same, or even worse: it get higher just like I did not complete a 100% right head!

I play this game quite a lot. It's one of my favorite games. I would really read more feedback from other people who also plays this game a lot. When you play this game, you'll probably notice the flaws, which I would LOVE to see fixed. This game deserves that; it's a great game, one of the better ones on this platform

Thanks a lot, and please let me know what I'm doing wrong...

Well, it IS a feature, not a bug, that when the "temperature" is low (up to some point), the collecting of full faces doesn't decrease it. I wrote about it in December:

The "temperature" of the thermometer rises with the number of faces collected (but can be reduced by FULL FACES when "mercury column" is not low).

BUT the speed of the game depends also on the number of tiles currently visible on screen - sorry that I didn't make it clear.

• 5 years later...

Sorry for reviving an old thread, but I would like to know if there's an updated version of Assembloids XE that works well with NTSC Ataris?

Also chiming in on suggestions for adding options to adjust the difficulty level. This game would be infinitely playable by younger folk, and older folk too, if it is easy at the starting levels, then gradually becoming more difficult as the levels increase.  Remember Bushnell's Theorem: "Easy to learn, difficult to master."  Level one should be easy enough to get through, then the game can progressively become more difficult as the levels increase. Otherwise, it becomes too frustrating to play the game for a really long time except for the most die-hard players like us. My sons enjoyed playing the game briefly, but then lost interest because it didn't keep them engaged long enough.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pusakat said:

Sorry for reviving an old thread, but I would like to know if there's an updated version of Assembloids XE that works well with NTSC Ataris?

Also chiming in on suggestions for adding options to adjust the difficulty level. This game would be infinitely playable by younger folk, and older folk too, if it is easy at the starting levels, then gradually becoming more difficult as the levels increase.  Remember Bushnell's Theorem: "Easy to learn, difficult to master."  Level one should be easy enough to get through, then the game can progressively become more difficult as the levels increase. Otherwise, it becomes too frustrating to play the game for a really long time except for the most die-hard players like us. My sons enjoyed playing the game briefly, but then lost interest because it didn't keep them engaged long enough.

Thank's for reply.

Well - there is no very big update in this area since all my free time (if any - sad bu true) I spend on other atari projects right now.

But all such reminders increase my very own private priority and thank you for kicking me some time. 

In fact there are some updates in game (not released yet) - including some bug fixes, improvements  and change  difficulty level. 

Difficulty level goes into suggested directions (I hope); in fact because some more people ask about it; I assume it is still to be polish and for me Adam has the last word in this area.  

I've made some review some days ago and to have NTSC version I have to rewrite game code and big effort is required.  There are plans to do it - it is on my TODO list - but not now, not yet. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, xeen said:

Well - there is no very big update in this area since all my free time (if any - sad bu true) I spend on other atari projects right now.

But all such reminders increase my very own private priority and thank you for kicking me some time. 

In fact there are some updates in game (not released yet) - including some bug fixes, improvements  and change  difficulty level. 

Difficulty level goes into suggested directions (I hope); in fact because some more people ask about it; I assume it is still to be polish and for me Adam has the last word in this area.  

I've made some review some days ago and to have NTSC version I have to rewrite game code and big effort is required.  There are plans to do it - it is on my TODO list - but not now, not yet. 

Thank you for the update. I appreciate all the work that went into this wonderful game and sincerely want it to be even better. I can wait. :)