IGNORED

Sonic the Hedgehog AKA Zippy the Porcupine Demo

Sprybug

• 1 month later...

UPDATE!

Beta Testing complete!

Just gave Albert my final versions of the cart labels.

Manual is mostly finished and he'll be getting that next.

After that I'm going to go over the program a few more times to make sure its good to go, then give Albert the BIN to start production with.

Then after that I'll be working on the Box art. This will have a box release just like Princess Rescue did.

• Like 7

heres a question prob asked more often: will Atari age be at cge in sept and if so willthere any games to buy.

for sure I'll prob buy some before then, just curious

It should be. I'm guessing you mean PRGE, right? I thought that was in October. Albert should be able to get it all ready by then.

• Like 1

It should be. I'm guessing you mean PRGE, right? I thought that was in October. Albert should be able to get it all ready by then.

cge is in september. good to hear testing is done I haven't play tested the last version,didn't have time.

just make sure this game doesn't get hit by sega and put a C&D on it like princess rescue when the cart got released

Congrats, Sprybug! Do look forward to playing it... :D

cge is in september. good to hear testing is done I haven't play tested the last version,didn't have time.

just make sure this game doesn't get hit by sega and put a C&D on it like princess rescue when the cart got released

Shhh, don't mention that word Se** around here! Just buy it on day one like I did and you don't have to worry... :D Edited by stardust4ever

Hey, I'm new here but saw the forum a while back when this game caught my eye. I have played the demo (4 stage one) and loved it. I was wondering if there was any chance of me getting a rom for this so I can play it on my emulator since my Atari 2600 no longer functions.

Thanks

Hey, I'm new here but saw the forum a while back when this game caught my eye. I have played the demo (4 stage one) and loved it. I was wondering if there was any chance of me getting a rom for this so I can play it on my emulator since my Atari 2600 no longer functions.

Thanks

In the future probably yes, but not at first. The way that AtariAge handles releases is that they issue the game in physical cart form with manual (and sometimes with box like this release will have) for a set period of time. Then later they release the ROM for emulators. I don't remember how long that gap is.

• Like 1

In the future probably yes, but not at first. The way that AtariAge handles releases is that they issue the game in physical cart form with manual (and sometimes with box like this release will have) for a set period of time. Then later they release the ROM for emulators. I don't remember how long that gap is.

Can't wait. I prefer to play ROMs primarily on Harmony (flash cart) rather than Stella, but since it's a 64kbyte ROM, there's no way to play on real hardware without a cart, least until Harmony 2 comes out. Regardless, I will be buying this day one like I did for Princess Rescue.

Can't wait. I prefer to play ROMs primarily on Harmony (flash cart) rather than Stella, but since it's a 64kbyte ROM, there's no way to play on real hardware without a cart, least until Harmony 2 comes out. Regardless, I will be buying this day one like I did for Princess Rescue.

or you could wait for harmony encore and upgrade your current haromny cart.

Ah ok thank you, and I really love the work you've done with this :) when it releases, where can I get a copy?

That's surprising. At least in case of my homebrews it always was completely up to me when I release the ROM. Al never objected here.

That's surprising. At least in case of my homebrews it always was completely up to me when I release the ROM. Al never objected here.

I generally encourage homebrew authors to release game binaries. Sometimes it's nice to hold off a binary release a bit, especially when boxes are made for a game, in order to recoup the cost of printing. This is truer today than it used to be, since so many people have Harmony carts. But the decision is always left up to the individual author.

..Al

I generally encourage homebrew authors to release game binaries. Sometimes it's nice to hold off a binary release a bit, especially when boxes are made for a game, in order to recoup the cost of printing. This is truer today than it used to be, since so many people have Harmony carts. But the decision is always left up to the individual author.

..Al

But Princess Rescue is 64Kbytes. The original Harmony only goes up to 32kb. :sad: