IGNORED

Hack Slash Loot

LX.NET

Hi everyone,

It's a pretty silent time during the vacation season. Here is something to help get you through the summer.

Read all about it at my blog here: https://atarilynxdeveloper.wordpress.com/2013/07/19/starting-a-new-project-hack-slash-loot/

Or watch the video, then read about the start of this. ;)

I will be updating both here and on my blog.

Here are some screenshots:

post-27403-0-15380300-1374266302.png

post-27403-0-24716500-1374266319.png

As always, I am interested in your ideas.

Thanks.

• Like 6

I'm not sure if, when and how this will be released. But assuming it will, I plan on a production release like Zaku. The game would benefit from a EEPROM release (to allow saving your game to continue later. Permadeath will stay), so this might rule out an epoxy cartridge. But, if possible I would like to see this in a professional box with instruction manual, and a great cartridge. We'll see what's possible. And I will have to consult David to see what he thinks of it and allows in terms of a commercial release.

A trial version is also an option.

For the testing I will ask a small audience to do give the beta version a spin. It will definitely be the people that can expect it, like MrBland and the people involved in the development and production. Beyond that: no idea yet.

Without considering HSL, what's keeping you from getting one anyway. Lots of great games for the Lynx. :D

Excellent question.. I don't know.. LOL! Guess I just haven't found one, at the price I want to pay.. So I wait.

I may take the plunge sooner than later, im kind of itching for a new console..

Nice announcement :) hope you will succeed!

I been stuck in life a bit, and trying to find time for some serious development myself...

Looks like you got that going though!

It's time to meet IRL again. I will contact you shortly. ;)

• 4 months later...

Haha, oh man.. I kind of forgot about this..

Recently on a Gauntlet kick, and was somehow reminded. Downloaded the PC demo, and I love this game!!

Hope all is going well with the port, and look forward to playing it, if it ever comes to fruition!

Thanks in advance for all the hard work you've put in!

It's been quiet for a while. I took a little break from the game to concentrate on other Lynx things. I learned a lot in the meantime, and think this retreat was necessary to reach the next level required to continue to build the game. I was running into issues regarding the segmenting of code and was limited in how far I could go at that point. At the moment I am condensing my new found knowledge into more tutorial parts, which you can find in the Atari Lynx Programming forum. It's pinned at the top (thanks Albert) and I will update it as soon as I finish part 15 (that might be 2013 ;) )

Shortly after that I will refactor my HSL code for the next version. When I have something new to show, I will not hesitate to do so. Thanks for your interest.

• Like 5

• 5 weeks later...

Quick and ultrashort update: not dead, but had to learn things to be able to continue. Continuing development will happen soon.

Anyway: just 2 more days for an easy and cheap way to acquire the PC version of Hack Slash Loot via the Humble Bundle and support the developers and charity:

https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

Go get it for as much or little as you want. For $6 dollars or more you get 6 (!) dollars.

• Like 2