IGNORED

The NEW High Score Club S2 ~ Week 11 ~ Berzerk (Game 9)

Vocelli

uh oh ! Berzerk I had a feeling...

wow nice khryssom that icon looks amazing!

so far my least favorite game is the Texas Chainsaw Massacre, I hate it because... it is terribly tedious and boring and doesn't actually even seem like a game really, more like a demo. but I guess it's a game. no multipliers or anything like that so the score just CRAWLS along, & same thing over & over & over... no fun! I am impressed with the movie & i like the cartridge & box... but hey, what happened the game seems very crappy

post-34560-0-89143500-1374381005_thumb.jpgpost-34560-0-61817600-1374380989_thumb.pngpost-34560-0-91667600-1374381048_thumb.png

• Like 1

Least favorite game: Laser Blast

So boring and easy and BAD! It is so repetitive. It barely even qualifies as a space game. The graphics have no color, ( unlike other activision games) the controls are bad, and the gameplay, as I said before is repetitive. Not only that, but the title is as dull as suggested. "Laser Blast" is probably the most stock title in the universe. All I have left to say is that David Crane is much better than this. He's Pitfall 2 better!

post-36358-0-51328200-1374418583_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

It's much better with a real console and a joystick... 16,970

post-27-0-33566500-1374419134_thumb.jpg

The worst game for me is Skeet Shoot: it's ugly and the gameplay is so poor that I wonder if I even can call this "a game".

post-27-0-50600900-1374420340_thumb.jpg

Edited by khryssun
  • Like 1

The game at the top of my list of least favorites is 'Bridge' by Activision.

I can have fun with Checkers, or Chess, or even Backgammon. But Bridge always struck me as an are-you-kidding-me---why, kind of a game. And the fact that it was released when our crew was expecting the next great Activision game, made it even more disappointing. Here we are 30+ years later and it still bugs me.

My Atari joystick broke! It just broke right in half because I dropped it from 2 ft onto the floor! Yes, TWO FEET! Please help me. I might not be able to play Berzerk this week, my gavorite game!

Btw, all joysticks made by atari for their consoles break so easily! I cant take it.

post-36358-0-11426700-1374436470_thumb.jpg

Edited by Botbird208

improving a bit

Larcen, i know what u mean, what's the point?

but i guess i have a cheap submission too?

Wierd, it's tough... I played a crap-load of this game growing up & still pretty much getting trashed

a few months ago I had a confuzing game of Berzerk!!!

I was playing on the default setting, 1A (difficulty switches don't seem to matter tho),

rolled the game back to the first level twice, and not long after that the screen flashed and

the game reset!

??? what the... :? ... ...

u gotta be... :thumbsdown: !

killscreen? no, I think people have recorded games going much farther

glitch?

power surge?

rats.

Edited by S.BAZ

improving a bit

Larcen, i know what u mean, what's the point?

but i guess i have a cheap submission too?

Wierd, it's tough... I played a crap-load of this game growing up & still pretty much getting trashed

a few months ago I had a confuzing game of Berzerk!!!

I was playing on the default setting, 1A (difficulty switches don't seem to matter tho),

rolled the game back to the first level twice, and not long after that the screen flashed and

the game reset!

??? what the... :? ... ...

u gotta be... :thumbsdown: !

killscreen? no, I think people have recorded games going much farther

glitch?

power surge?

rats.

There's a known issue with Berzerk.

It's something related to the number of lives or to a time counter in the game program.

It's a bug that resets the game but I think it only happens in long games.

I've heard it's better to live rooms fast in order to avoid that time counter reaches its limit...

• Like 1

The game that I hate? Miner 2049er. Why? Because it's so...freaking...slowwwwwww. I love the Colecovision version since you can quickly zip around the screen, but in the 2600 version it takes approximately 45 minutes to clear one board.

post-23265-0-78385200-1374501497_thumb.jpg

post-23265-0-50430000-1374501521_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

There's a known issue with Berzerk.

It's something related to the number of lives or to a time counter in the game program.

It's a bug that resets the game but I think it only happens in long games.

I've heard it's better to live rooms fast in order to avoid that time counter reaches its limit...

There are two glitches in the game.

The first glitch is gaining too many lives, that's what sounds like what happened to you.

The 2nd glitch goes like this:

There is an in game timer that if you stand still for 17 minutes, the game resets and goes back into the attract mode. Every 4.25 seconds the game does a check to see if you are moving or not. If you are not moving, the counter goes up by one. Not moving also includes firing at a robot. Also, the counter does not reset when you move again. On my first attempt to break Todd Roger's record of 811k on Game 3, I ran into both of these glitches, with 770k being my score before the 2nd glitch kicked in.

I did manage to get past both glitches and I broke a mil on Game 1, and I am hoping to break a mil on game 3 for this year's extra-life.org charity stream. :)

• Like 3

The game at the top of my list of least favorites is 'Bridge' by Activision.

I can have fun with Checkers, or Chess, or even Backgammon. But Bridge always struck me as an are-you-kidding-me---why, kind of a game. And the fact that it was released when our crew was expecting the next great Activision game, made it even more disappointing. Here we are 30+ years later and it still bugs me.

I hate it because the computer partner doesn't do Jacoby Transfers. Look it up people.

To be original I hate Double Dare (NES)

DoubleDareU_001_zps2fb56d85.png

because of the bonus round being next to impossible