IGNORED

The NEW High Score Club S2 ~ Week 11 ~ Berzerk (Game 9)

Vocelli

Sometimes when the robot shoots, I don't die. The bullet glides through the empty space between my head and my torso where my neck should be located.

love it when that happens! always by accident for me. sometimes I can see it's too late to get out of the way & I try to get it to go through my neck, & so far I always die. but I remember prevailing when I was like ten years old. I used to try to shoot their bullets as much as possible too

I know that you can shoot the robots bullets to avoid being hit by them, but do you score points for it? Every time I find myself in that position, it's to hectic to look at the score to see if it grows. And I think the shoot through neck thing it listed in the "Tips & Cheats" thread. It's a known glitch that helps a bit, If your very lucky.

I just reading through the tips from the last time this was played. One tip was this...

To minimize the chance that you will begin a level very close to a robot, you should exit the left or bottom side of the screen as much as possible. The next best exit direction is right, the worst is up. Never leave out the top of a screen if you can avoid it. (Robert M)

Ummm, I always go for the top exit. Seems to be the safest. What do you guys do?

post-10357-0-19965100-1374704511_thumb.jpg

Bonus:

Hate is such a strong word. I don't really hate any of them. One of my least favorites though would be Swordquest: Earthworld because I guess I never really got anywhere on it and was a huge let down after all of the hype.

s_SwordquestEarthworld_5.png

Yup, up. :) And maybe it's only an illusion, but it seem's to me your man covers ground faster when running diagonally? Maybe not? I try to zig-zag as much as possible anyway.

Up too...

It's not an illusion: the X and Y position of the character are both increased/decreased at the same time so you reach a destination twice faster diagonally than if you move in two steps: vertically then hoirzontally (or inversely). ;)

Though, the progression on each individual axis remains the same so zig-zag or not will take the same amount of time to go (bottom <---> top) or (left <----> right).

About the fire of the robots... I don't shoot them (unless to avoid to be killed): on the contrary I let them continue their way because there can be only one fire robot at the same time on the screen.... this means that as long as it is displayed on the screen, other robots can't shoot at you.

Edited by khryssun

I just reading through the tips from the last time this was played. One tip was this...

Ummm, I always go for the top exit. Seems to be the safest. What do you guys do?

I've always gone for the exit on the top. I usually have the worst spawns on the right as far as being trapped.

I had a great game last night, and within 5k (ending the game with 31k), I had 2 spawns where the robot's legs was right in between my head.

This seems more like a crap shoot more than anything else.

The bottom exit makes me feel just as trapped as the right exit, due to how the mazes are drawn, and how much farther your feet stick out, you can't really quick kill robots.

Maybe I'll start trying exiting on the left tonight.

I've always gone for the exit on the top. I usually have the worst spawns on the right as far as being trapped.

I had a great game last night, and within 5k (ending the game with 31k), I had 2 spawns where the robot's legs was right in between my head.

This seems more like a crap shoot more than anything else.

The bottom exit makes me feel just as trapped as the right exit, due to how the mazes are drawn, and how much farther your feet stick out, you can't really quick kill robots.

Maybe I'll start trying exiting on the left tonight.

Whenever the robots spawn in between my legs, I always go down. You have to do it very quickly, or else he'll shoot you. You then get on the diagonal and shot him.