IGNORED

The NEW High Score Club S2 ~ Week 11 ~ Berzerk (Game 9)

Vocelli

On the board:

I really like this version. You must stay on your toes and think fast when the screen starts.

Fire this way... that way... run. run ..... fire. run. exit!

Vocelli: 9000

I hate Megamania.

Not sure why but, honestly, it pisses me off. No matter how hard I try I cannot score high. Curse you Megamania!

post-28484-0-81019100-1374537265_thumb.jpg

post-28484-0-82210900-1374537284_thumb.jpg

Great comp so far guys, sorry I haven't been around. I decided to take a break for this competition and wait for the next one. Needed a rest after some of that draining head to head at the end of the last one.

• Like 1

It's interesting to see who dislikes which kind of game the most. Tastes vary so much that I'm seeing some of my favorite games listed as top hates, such as Stellar Track, Megamania, and the ever controversial E.T. :woozy:

Slight increase: 5,660

post-27900-0-48750100-1374574641_thumb.jpg

Almost doubled my previous score : 30,600

My tip : intensive use of diagonals shooting... if this can help... ;)

post-27-0-00001200-1374574412_thumb.jpg

It's interesting to see who dislikes which kind of game the most. Tastes vary so much that I'm seeing some of my favorite games listed as top hates, such as Stellar Track, Megamania, and the ever controversial E.T. :woozy:

Indeed... E.T is one of my favorites too.

Edited by khryssun
  • Like 1

Sometimes when I shoot the robot he doesnt die. It makes no sense!

That instant that another robot is dieing, all other robots are invincible. Apparently the game can't handle two robots dieing at the same time.

wow, the luck element in this game is a killer without extra lives.

sometimes just starting out touching a robot !! you have to run away immediately or else he might run into you. can't shoot because to extend your arm touches it & kills you. so what if it starts you out between the robot & a wall? run down, but if he also runs its too late.

so I think it is basically a dice roll at the start of each stage, to give you an occasional "kill screen."

but I have to say game 9 has revived my interest in playing Berzerk. It makes it more fun & exciting, I have been compulsively hitting reset when I lose

• Like 1

post-17553-0-19806200-1374630178_thumb.png

Bonus: Joust

I've been considering a lot of games for the bonus, BASIC Programming just on principle, or games like Fathom that you need to draw a map for (just annoying), or poorly ported games, or games with bad graphics... but, then I decided to go with the only game that frustrated me to the point that I actually broke the computer I was emulating it on: HSC Season 5 Week 31: Joust, Post #43

Also, floating eggs... WHY DO THE EGGS FLOAT!!!

joust_2.png

Well, my score of 7k and something will be the last entry. I'm away from my Atari again and just tried out Berzerk emulated. Stella does a load of annoying glitches. Half the time, my shot freezes in mid-air and I can't shoot until I leave that room.

Something must be wrong with your setup, or you're using an extremely old version of Stella, or something like that. Berzerk has been tested for years, and I suspect that if it was this buggy with such a common ROM, it would have been reported by now.